TRS19 SP5 Release Candidate 116009 now available

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
TRS19 SP5 Beta 115943 to TRS19 SP5 Release Candidate 116009 is now available via the TRS19 Beta and TRS19 PE Beta patch streams.

Update:
Also
TRS19 SP4 114800 to TRS19 SP5 Release Candidate 116009 (PC is also now available)
TRS19 115605 to TRS19 SP5 RC 116015 (Mac is also now available)

IMPORTANT: As a "Release Candidate" that means this build will be released as the official TRS19 SP5 update if we do not get any reports of showstopper issues.

This means that anyone who usually avoids early beta testing should now consider jumping on board the testing train.

Note that this build has assertions disabled.

BETA TEST RECOMMENDATIONS:
Here are our recommended steps for participating in a beta test:

1. Create a copy of your current install folder (e.g. if you installed TRS19 in the default location it would be C:\Program Files\N3V Games\Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019)
  2. Run the TRS19.exe in the copied folder then click Start Trainz (you will be prompted to enter username and password)
  3. Close the game window
  4. Click Trainz Settings > Install > Change update stream
  5. Follow the prompts then click Change Stream and select TRS19 Beta (or PE Beta) from the dropdown list
  6. Click Done and the new installation will be updated
  7. You now have your original install pointing to your original local data folder and your new install pointing to a brand new local data folder.
  8. Check the build out before changing anything else (this will help identify any obvious issues and avoids touching your existing install or content)

MORE CONTENT TESTING:
Once you've explored the new build, the next step is to do you part in checking out the myriad of different content configurations in Trainz.

1. We suggest creating a copy of your existing local data folder, then pointing your new install to that folder. (This obviously requires a decent size hard drive if you have a lot of content installed).
  2. If you instead choose to point your new install to your old local data folder, it is important to note that you shouldn't then try and run the older version of Trainz (as it will try and access the same database)

CHANGLELIST:
  • Merge route [dialog minimap] now shows both routes
  • Certain signals that would not update on session start now update correctly
  • Fixed a hang on loading certain sessions

BUG REPORTING:
The most important part of testing is letting us know if you have any problems. These can be reported here: Trainz Bug Report

Last edited:
TY Tony and crew

Updated to 116009, download 37mb within 1 min
install fine, dbr was quick
CM opens fast with 3798 items only

Confirmed Fixed:
-Tested merging 2 routes, confirmed it works
-Going to testtrack did not crash with assertion off

Cannot confirm (cause don't know how to test)
-Certain signals that would not update on session start now update correctly
-Fixed a hang on loading certain sessions

Still have too much different in height with PBR vs non PBR ground textures
you will not notice on existing routes, but when you make real new its a problem
seems the whole ground is moving up or down 0.2meter at least

The suggestion/fixes i did from previous beta have not been addressed at all
guess I have to live with it, write workarounds or stay with 100240
Will take the offer for TRS22 but not really motivated if TRS19 ends this way
In potential it can be so much better.

Not sure if I want to beta test anymore,
if I really go in 100% it ends in all out war here on the forums
and I love Trainz too much for that to happen :)

wishing the team Merry Christmas in advance
greetings GM

.. my 1st hour of playing today :
- copied current install folder > renamed it
- runned trs19.exe > tranz settings : install / local data folder set
- relaunched (auto dbr) > started trainz (no : username + password) > closed game window
- trainz settings > install > change update stream : changed stream > applied patch ..
- updating : 10 sec > auto dbr : blink of eye ..

test :
- launcher > content store : no updates
- launcher > start trainz > main menu (quick enough) > driver/surveyor (no red signs nor missing allerts) >>
- i have to download all the routes and sessions ... except content samples #1 : here you can edit route - create route - view sessions (= create session and drive session) ..
- i started to download the shortz & kerl traction rr : trainz content opens in updates tab = install 2 min. :
view error = cdp package installation failed : error : failed to download prechached data for package 'sc359' at version '104441' for platform 'standard-7' ...
clicked "retry" : updates tab is now empty .. checking the shortz : all is installed .. running session coal run : looks ok (opens in easy mode = my mode ..)

next days i will download and play more .. have fun and safe partydayz .. thankz for the update ..

Cannot confirm (cause don't know how to test)
-Certain signals that would not update on session start now update correctly

If this is an issue I've reported a bug about, then I can confirm. This seems to be fixed, I've checked on a few routes. Will look closely.

Database repair does not start after upgrade to build 115925. The subsequent update to build 115993 does not fix the problem. trainz does not start and cannot be used

Trainz has encountered the following error:
211223.08:53:171531 TrainzRenderCommandThread::proc> failed engine startup
3 Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022 Ox0000000105fa5ef7 Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022 + 2399991
4 Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022 0x0000000107270d83 _ZNK5physx2Gu5RTree11traverseRaylLi1EEEvRKNS_6PxVec3ES5jPjPNS1_15CallbackRaycastEPS4J +
5 Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022 0x0000000105fe93d6 Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022 + 2675670
6 Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022 0x0000000105fa7197 Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022 + 2404759
7 Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022 Ox0000000105fe861f Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022 + 2672159
8 libsystem_pthread.dylib Ox00007fff203188fc epthread_start + 224
9 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff20314443 thread_start + 1

Logs

; <NULL> : TrainzDRMClient::performPlanetAuranLogin> not yet authenticated with planet auran
; <NULL> : TrainzDRMClient::performPlanetAuranLogin> logging in to planet auran cache
? <NULL> : TADTaskThread::ThreadExec
- <NULL> : Unable to start Database Repair - Engine startup failed
; <NULL> : TrainzDRMClient::performPlanetAuranLogin> cache login successful, setting session cookie

Imac retina 5k 27 inc
3,6 GHz Intel Core i9 8 core
64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB
Mac OS Big sur 11.6.1

Database repair does not start after upgrade to build 115925
>>
What steps did you take regarding patching, renaming, etc?
I suggest creating a new local data folder and restarting Trainz.
A render startup failure could also indicate a failed patch (although that would be surprising if you didn't get any errors), so in that case I would redownload from MyTrainz and patch again.

Database repair does not start after upgrade to build 115925
>>
What steps did you take regarding patching, renaming, etc?
I suggest creating a new local data folder and restarting Trainz.
A render startup failure could also indicate a failed patch (although that would be surprising if you didn't get any errors), so in that case I would redownload from MyTrainz and patch again.

Separate installation for beta updates already active. Build 115635 and local data folder installed on external SSD and working regularly. Updates made with Online Patch

Upon re-starting a "saved game" (save while running a session) Central Portal Control does not work. CPC rule must be "reset" for portals to function again. I thought this had been fixed previously?? This is also true in '22 beta. Maybe I just dreamed that this issue had been fixed?

I downloaded and installed no problem.
I checked the fixes as far as I can and they worked.
I then thought I would check the derail on coupling I had experienced and that was also fixed but i noticed a wagon not loaded in the target consist and when I tried to drive that wagon derailed.
I went to surveyor and the consist did not recognise the offending wagon so I checked the status of the last active wagon in the consist with the (?) function and all was well.
I then tried the same thing with the offending wagon and TRS19 build 116009 crashed to desktop.
This was 100% repeatable.

I was running the payware route Legacy of the BN, Sawmill session so all payware items with no editing or cloning on my part.

I then tried to send a bug report but I was kicked out because the 116009 build was not recognised and the option to select others was gone.
I gave up at this point and submitted a ticket to highlight the issue.

I should add that this was a full install of all my DLC content as SP4 and updated to each Beta as I have been granted access so this update was from the assertions enabled version to build 116009.

.. after several hours playing : merging is still not working .. as indicated in https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...ta-115943-now-available&p=1903133#post1903133
i tried in the new (very clean) version : in the merge window both routes are visible > clicking checkbox : .. after an hour still thinking ...
i tried in the existing, updated version : exactly the same
i tried 2 different routes of myself : also the same
i tried dbrs : still not merging after showing both routes in the merge route window ( dialog minimap) ..

nb : when i tried to open the route after (aborted) merging a dialog box opened : i clicked "choose for use changes" = the 2nd route, that was supposed to be merged with the 1st, was showing only the blue trackmap, but it was not possible to go there, because there were no grounds .... so the route was floating in space : unreachable ..

no-merging.jpg

still-not-merging.jpg

If you aborted the merge, then "use changes" will take the partially complete route and attempt to load it. If you haven't saved it, then just revert to original.

Regarding the one hour to merge - that is definitely a problem. I just tried merging two large routes and it took a few minutes.

It is possible that one of the routes is corrupt in some way. I'd try resaving each of routes, then run a Delete Missing Assets (which will also renumber your named object table), then save again and try merging the copies.

I just merged two large routes in build 115985, Route A 173MB and Route B 39MB according to CM, without any problems. After setting all the parameters the merge took only seconds to complete.

"No update for trainz is available at the current time" ! ?

TrainzPlus built 114800 here

and of course : MERRY XMAS EVERBODY - stay safe :)

"No update for trainz is available at the current time" ! ?

TrainzPlus built 114800 here

The current update is a beta version only. You have to be on the Beta Stream to get it. Beta testing is not for the faint hearted. You currently have the retail SP4 version. The beta is SP5.

In Trainz Settings --> Install Tab --> Change Trainz Update Stream button --> Next --> Next --> Change Stream --> from the drop down box select (in your case) Trainz Plus beta

Last edited:
Hi Tony,

Smooth install of the new build.

Load and reaction times improved, less derails while coupling, but randomly they still occur (only the loc and the first rollingstock derail and disappear).

Even at low coupling speed approach (10km/h) the risk is there that you loose loc and 1st wagon.

Hoping for a solution.... enjoy Xmas and new-year

I'm currently running build 115985 ... have checked update streams Trainz Plus Beta and TRS22 Beta and neither are offering an update to build 116009 as per Tony's post of 23rd.
Am I missing something or is my Build 115985 the latest build available..... I am a Gold Class Member if that makes a difference.

Back