My route runs fast in surveyor mode but terribly lags when in Driver mode

jamal17

Subways and railroads
I have a route that after the 114800 Patch it lags terribly in Driver mode when it's in surveyor mode it runs super-fast, If I run it in Driver mode and put in pause it runs faster, I'm just moving the camera freely when it's paused and it's good then when I unpause it then it lags again, I never had this problem with this route before the 114800 Patch, I only have 6 or 7 Consists laid down in the route. I have another route that has like 20 or more consists that's just as big and when I run it in surveyor or driver mode nothing bad happens, I was told it could be a script, but how do I find what scripts are causing problems in a route?

That's the way it's always been. as long as I have played Trainz.

Of course now that I have an Alienware computer everything runs smooth as glass.

Last edited:
how do I find what scripts are causing problems in a route?

My approach would be to remove all the trains and retry. If this works, then you know it's one of the trains.

So then add back trains until things go wrong and you'll know the problem asset.

I tried that and it did run smooth, but what I don't understand is I was able to run 13 trains in one session without any lagging and now after I updated my patch it lags with four or more trains in driver mode. I should be able to run 20 or more trains like I used to in the same route, it's no fun if I can only run one train, there has to be another issue that I don't see.

So we know it's one of the trains - if you can narrow it down to one or more trains then send us the KUID (and a link to download if not on the DLS) then we can take a look at what the script is doing.

For example, in the past there was an issue where a script would turn the headlights on, the code would turn them off, and this would loop and give users 1fps in Driver. So it's all about finding the script and fixing it.

That's the way it's always been. as long as I have played Trainz.

Of course now that I have an Alienware computer everything runs smooth as glass.

I also have an Alienware desktop. It runs your Alma Valley route very well on TRS22. I miss your creations. I use many of them in my routes.

The KUID for the train that causes things to slow down. If it isn't on the DLS I'll need a link to download the content.

Bug report submitted re: environment settings
Still really missing the sharpness of the first beta, it was like a free resolution upgrade.
cheers
Graeme

If it isn't the scripting, set the graphics back a bit. I have my trees and textures at "Normal" on the sliders and that made a big difference in performance while in Driver.

If it isn't the scripting, set the graphics back a bit. I have my trees and textures at "Normal" on the sliders and that made a big difference in performance while in Driver.
The graphics aren’t the issue because I have the same settings for my other routes and they run smooth in driver, it’s just a specific route.

The graphics aren’t the issue because I have the same settings for my other routes and they run smooth in driver, it’s just a specific route.

Okay then, it must be the scripts that are doing that. In my instance, I set the graphics back on my busy route and everything runs really smoothly. This route is really, jammed with assets in a tight space and there's no respite for the video card at any moment.

I deleted the route, updated to the 116009 Build reinstalled the route and deleted all the consists then added back one consist to test the route and still dealing with the same issue :confused:

Jamal17 did you ever try monitor the surveyor and driver performance stastistics?
It is in general settings just click them on or off.

I think,hope at least it shows anything else than the consists should be in red here if was causing trouble, sort off.

Back