Trainz Plus Release Candidate 115985 / 115993 now available

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
Trainz Plus Beta 115926 to Trainz Plus Release Candidate 115985 is now available on the Trainz Plus Beta patch stream.
(Additional patch options will be available later in the day).

Update: Trainz Plus Beta 115925 to Trainz Plus Release Candidate 115993 (Mac is also now available)

IMPORTANT: As a "Release Candidate" that means this build will be released as the next official Trainz Plus update if we do not get any reports of showstopper issues.

This means that anyone who usually avoids early beta testing should now consider jumping on board the testing train.

Note that this build has assertions disabled.

BETA TEST RECOMMENDATIONS:
Here are our recommended steps for participating in a beta test:
  1. Create a copy of your current install folder (e.g. if you installed the TRS22 beta it would be C:\Program Files\N3V Games\Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022)
  2. Run the TRS22.exe in the copied folder then click Start Trainz (you will be prompted to enter username and password)
  3. Close the game window
  4. Click Trainz Settings > Install > Change update stream
  5. Follow the prompts then click Change Stream and select Trainz Plus Beta from the dropdown list
  6. Click Done and the new installation will be updated
  7. You now have your original install pointing to your original local data folder and your new install pointing to a brand new local data folder.
  8. Check the build out before changing anything else (this will help identify any obvious issues and avoids touching your existing install or content)

MORE CONTENT TESTING:
Once you've explored the new build, the next step is to do you part in checking out the myriad of different content configurations in Trainz.

1. We suggest creating a copy of your existing local data folder, then pointing your new install to that folder. (This obviously requires a decent size hard drive if you have a lot of content installed).
  2. If you instead choose to point your new install to your old local data folder, it is important to note that you shouldn't then try and run the older version of Trainz (as it will try and access the same database)

HOTKEYS:
Note that hotkeys for S20 tools are now working. The default setup uses a keyboard layout to match the Tool Palette layout.
i.e.
W E R to get the top row of tools
S D F to get the second row of tools
+/- to change radius (when Brush Tool selected)
You can update the hotkeys in System Menu > Control settings

CHANGELIST:
  • Merge route [dialog minimap] now shows both routes
  • Certain signals that would not update on session start now update correctly
  • Fixed a hang on loading certain sessions
  • Various tweaks to loading screen images
  • Optimisation for S20 asset filter refresh
  • A single click now clears the marquee and deselects all items (to match behaviour in other tools)
  • Fix the positioning of the spline anchor after spline add
  • Improvements to marquee select/clear selection
  • Tweaks to values for auto creation of Clutter effect layers
  • Fix the GetRuleStateFlags() assertion
  • Various MPS fixes

BUG REPORTING:
The most important part of testing is letting us know if you have any problems. These can be reported here: Trainz Bug Report

Last edited:
I just installed this now and the DBR is running as I type this.

I'll give it a whirl and see what I find.

You're welcome, Tony. :)

Is there an update for this asset yet?

<kuid:565249:100506> Prod Passengers 2019

This causes missing dependencies for the two Winter Park sessions.

<kuid2:450495:100002:6> 01 Winter Park Express - Westbound (Morning)
<kuid2:450495:100004:6> 02 Winter Park Express - Eastbound (Evening)

When editing <kuid2:450495:100002:6> 01 Winter Park Express - Westbound (Morning), I get the following script timeout error for the Driver Speed Rule:

Code:
- <kuid2:69937:200029:2> : File driverspeedrule.gs, Line 300, ER_Timeout  ; <kuid2:69937:200029:2> : Script class: DriverSpeedRule
  ; <kuid2:69937:200029:2> : Object: ScriptableObject{0x1066563e8; asset:SpecReference{<kuid2:69937:200029:2> "Driver Speed Rule"}, class:GSClass{0x932313d8: DriverSpeedRule}, refcount:4}
  ; <kuid2:69937:200029:2> : Script callstack
    ; <kuid2:69937:200029:2> : function $void@DriverSpeedRule::getNewDrivers(), line 288
    ; <kuid2:69937:200029:2> : function $void@DriverSpeedRule::SetProperties(Soup), line 87

After this error occurs, the speed limit remains at 62 mph (100 kph).

Ditto for this one as well. I figured as much, but confirmed.
<kuid2:450495:100004:6> 02 Winter Park Express - Eastbound (Evening)

and of course # the Freight session

Last edited:
Although I sttill enjoy very much allo the + beta releases (with critters known to be solved) I will go also for the next 115985.
If anything important I let know too.
Thanks again for S20 I would never ever go back to the old stuff surveyor in TRSD19 to be very honest.
Very happy to see the keys available know much needed really.

Thanks John. There are some content updates in the works that will fix the missing deps.

Download and install went fine. The DBR was very fast. No errors.

I will be doing a lot of testing on this build over the holidays.

At this point all my routes and sessions work great with no issues. They seem to run a little bit better than they did in build 114800.

Installed fast on SSD and DBR completed successfully. Testing performed on a route renovation revealed that water colour environment settings are not sticking. Save and reload and the water goes back to the almost yellow of the original. Also noticed it changing back upon closing environment settings. Will bug report.

edit: while attempting to write a bug report, I had to close and reopen twice to write the procedure. The second time I reopened it the environment had changed to my altered settings. Now cannot get it to reoccurr.

Cheers Graeme

Last edited:
Updates went OK, now hundreds of missing assets in unknown locations (like EMD GP40-2 Cab <kuid2:276266:100460:16>) awaiting content update.

I understand that build 115985 is still a beta version, but now is classified as a release candidate.

it seems to me that the basic operational aspects are stable and are at least as good as TRS19. When using surveyor 1 mode it looks to be pretty much done. It seems that the beta part is mostly focus on s2.

So my question is, assuming my assumptions above are correct, should I now make this build my primary vehicle for working on routes and sessions? I would stop using TRS19 altogether. This would force me to become totally immersed in s2. What are the pros and cons with this approach? I am aware of the adage to never do any “to keep stuff” in a beta version but with surveyor 1 still in place it seems the risks are pretty low.

I am doing both. Create/modify in TRS19 and then try in the 22 newest version. I just have to keep from making changes in the 22 version and do them only in the base older 19 version.

Updates went OK, now hundreds of missing assets in unknown locations (like EMD GP40-2 Cab <kuid2:276266:100460:16>) awaiting content update.

Nothing missing here (except the already reported "Prod Passengers 2019"). "EMD GP40-2 Cab" is "Built-in" as <kuid2:276266:100460:20> (loaded from 969.tzarc).

Nothing missing here (except the already reported "Prod Passengers 2019"). "EMD GP40-2 Cab" is "Built-in" as <kuid2:276266:100460:20> (loaded from 969.tzarc).
Thanks for the heads up, obviously a problem with my database. Running an EDBR now...

... no, that EDBR didn't solve anything. EMD GP40-2 Cab v20 is also listed as at unknown location... Mind you, I'm running the Mac version (build 115993), could that be the problem?:eek::eek:

Back