Trainz Plus Release Candidate 115985 / 115993 now available

What happened?

Account sync. I think. Check your obsolete folder in Content Manager. I created a couple of filters to help:

Out-of-Date -

Installed True
Out of date True

Obsolete and Not Built-in

Installed
Obsolete True
Built-in False.

Be careful in your case with updating, if you choose to do so, any assets because you can end up with un-editable routes and sessions.

TS22 Build 115985 Content Manager 'false positives'

Also in previous builds.

Background

At long last,since 2006, I have downloaded ALL (almost) DLS assets. As a Trainz Plus user I also have a generous helping of 'PACKAGED' assets.
My TAD is 600K+ with over 420K local assets to play with. This is my test database for TARDIS repair adjunct to AssetX. Because of the size DBR takes quite a while but relative to 24hrs plus in 2006, 2021 is a few hours.
My almost 3TB Userdata is on a new Lacie 10TB external hard drive over a gen2 TypeC connection.
TS22 core is on C:\ drive, a nifty 2TB NVME working in an ASUS AMD Ryzen 7 4500U MiniPC.
Monitor is large screen TCL AndoidTV capable of 4K but using at 1920 x 1080 no vertical sync with HDMI cable to MiniPC.
Windows10 OS is latest.

However, download speed is limited by a Wireless Broadband internet connection. I live in an apartment block. No HyperFibre broadband (sigh). So I've been slowly downloading Trainz and Upversioning builds as we progress through TRS19 to TS22 in Trainz Plus. It tooks several months virtually non-stop.

The Problem

After each download, and after any repair I carry out a DBR.
So I end up with a mix of DLS downloaded errors (1000+) and some self-inflicted TARDIS errors that I'm fixing.
While fault finding the faulty assets I check for 'errors and warnings'. Many assets show zero errors.
BUT database Content display show erroneously as 'Faulty'. This is for TB 1.3 through TB 4.6 assets.

After extensive fault finding I was able to find a method to correct the faulty positives, and assets then displayed OK in Preview.

Catch22 - the workaround can only be done one at a time. (groan). Instead of 'Commiting' an Open asset you 'Preview' it. Not a problem for a few assets, but a headache when there are hundreds or thousands of faulty positives.

Summary

New hardware.
Clean Windows 10 update.
All local assets downloaded from DLS were initially TRS19 but lately into TS22.
All builtin are core resources not modified.
All DLC via the Content Store not modified. Note that 'Packaged' assets are a confusing mix of builtin (non-edit) and editable.
Move from TRS19 to TS22 was via installer update.

Fault occurs after 'OFE then Commit'.
Multiple assets affected; multiple authors; multiple regions and languages.

Prognosis

Fault originally seen in TRS19, now in TS22 Build 115985.
Content display not being updated after 'OFE then Commit', but curiously will after 'Preview'.

Last edited:
Faulty Polygons

There are numerous faulty polygons from TB3.8 to TB 4.6. Trouble is that cannot see the wood for the trees so to speak. There are so many.

Need means to separate what can be fixed by User from those only the author can fix.

So it would be handy if there was a default filter for VEs.

Polygon Examples:

- <kuid2:453099:100425:4> : VE109: The low-detail meshes total more than 500 polygons. This may have a negative impact on performance: 0: 1011, 1: 631

- <kuid:453099:101970> : VE111: The meshes in LOD level 1 must total at least 20% fewer polygons than the next higher LOD: 0: 374, 1: 374

! <kuid2:203745:10031:2> :VE107: The high-detail meshes total more than 10000 polygons. This may have a negative impact on performance: 0: 11710, 1: 2500

that would group these so we can put them in my CRAP folder where I have banished my unfixables.

Last edited:
Track objects flip around when track is modified after placing them.

Cut track and reconnect and the assets move and flip around to face the direction the track was move to.

Last edited:
John,

i noticed same with splines they flip direction , so one has to insert a spline point and than merge the point placed than the direction of the spline is as was originally placed..

Copied my full TRS19SP4 and TRS19Local
to TRS22beta and TRS22betalocal, adjusted the local path
Signed up and payed for TRS22 plus for a year deal, to support n3v
Launched patch installer set stream to TrainzPlusBeta
downloaded beta trs22 115985 9.4gb in 20 minutes
checking payload data 20sec. installing 3 minutes

For some reason it made a new local path and did not use the one I had set before
also all my settings were not taken as they were
made a new desktop shortcut for TRS22 (was not done automatic)
path set to TRS22beta local changed my settings and exited.
Restarted and Dbase repair in 8 minutes for 623185 items(can't believe I have so many)

Started up and was greeted with a nice script error on my Northlander loco
the script I had written is for the whole train not just the loco, so yes it cant find stuff
exception error, it showed up fine though.
The background of mainscreen is modern but quite universal (better than TRS19SP2 and up)

Had my first experience with S2.0
Many of the icons "thumbnails" are not made to be used in this way
besides that they are 240x180 and not square, so basicly they just all look bad in the interface
so first thing I did changed to listview.

Wanted to get viewdetails screen on a loco in S2, many of my trains have settings
could not find it....

Opened Content Manager
was fast and with the nice new icons
Filtered for faulty and the usual faulty showed up
Routes and sessios are incomplete cause I simply refuse to download some PBR items
or some rusty shed placed in a DLC package

One new error only, a very old BR24 loc from Beekay
-VE48, redundant message noone ever gets support on anything they make, or do they?
-VE94, is still relevant since every item gets shadow, shadow file or not?

Started new route
-selected gridRegion, but still the darkgreen wooly ground texture that I don't want
why is grid region not installed default ? (yes I know its on DLS)
-Edit session, open driver setup, select 1 driver and a strange "0" in the upper right corner
what is the function of that 0 ?

to be continued :)

Last edited:
The issue with the icon and setting up its own path is a known thing and simple to fix. I find it easier to let the application do its thing and then set up the path later to my test folder.

I separated my missing dependencies from my faulty assets. This helps to see how many faulty assets I have compared to missing components. When I installed, I had 5 faulty assets and a gazillion missing dependencies. Out of the 5 faulty assets, 2 were really faulty and I redownloaded them again and that solved the problem. Somehow, they were corrupted in some fashion and that fixed them. The other 3 faulty assets were not. Viewing errors and warnings removed the faults.

The missing dependencies were resolved by installing updated packages and a few assets off the DLS. I know you don't want to do that. I now have 2 missing assets related to the passenger product. For my testing purposes these don't matter.

Your script errors are another matter and need to be looked into, I think.

Why your interface is acting like that, I don't know. I've had none of those issues and the only thing I can think of is nothing has cached fully yet.

I agree Content Manager is pretty spiffy. I have nearly 318K assets installed with nearly 650K listed - that includes those read from the DLS. My EDBR is slow, but then my computer is old and its now struggling with a lot of things these days.

TY John
as you see, I describe as much as I can, the way it happens here,
so n3v if they wish can act upon it.
Its hard to take the role of absolute newbie but try to respond to everything as such.
I can fix anything but the average user can't,
leading to many questions on the forum and users leaving frustrated.

My own scripts I can fix easy and it shows that my decision to hold back some releases is the right one
Imagine the avalanche if I had released earlier.

The content manager count is better in the latest SP5 beta (which is newer)

To be able to do this betatest I had to update my c-drive costing 340eu + 69usd for the trs22plusbeta
so really hope its worth it. It keeps me off the street during my countries lockdown :)

TY John
as you see, I describe as much as I can, the way it happens here,
so n3v if they wish can act upon it.
Its hard to take the role of absolute newbie but try to respond to everything as such.
I can fix anything but the average user can't,
leading to many questions on the forum and users leaving frustrated.

My own scripts I can fix easy and it shows that my decision to hold back some releases is the right one
Imagine the avalanche if I had released earlier.

The content manager count is better in the latest SP5 beta (which is newer)

To be able to do this betatest I had to update my c-drive costing 340eu + 69usd for the trs22plusbeta
so really hope its worth it. It keeps me off the street during my countries lockdown :)

Indeed, describe as you see it and let the developer's fix it. You might want to submit a bug report for those things that are concerning as you find them.

Trainz Bug Report (typeform.com)

It's easy... fill in the spaces and provide as much detail as possible.

Your scripts are your own content of course, and I agree you like me can fix most things, not scripts for me, so it's best to let others know about them such as the developers so they can fix the things that break stuff because not everyone has that ability.

My computer is old too. I have plenty of disk space, but my machine is going on 7 years old now and with it running 12-15 hours per day, sometimes overnight on more than one occasion, it's getting a bit old. I recently updated/refreshed the OS, but that didn't help the overall slowness the hardware is suffering from now. I even went as far as to replace the thermal paste on the CPU, thinking that it was drying out, but that didn't help either. The parts are just getting old. Building a new machine is too costly these days and I'm looking at a prebuilt machine. The only part that's good is my video card which I can move along but the rest is ready for retirement. I'll update when I have some more cash, but right now I live with it.

Once all the dirt settles, I mean a new TRS22 install has settled down, you'll be quite pleased. I've enjoyed using the new Surveyor 2.0. It makes doing things such as pasting a forest down so much easier. I've even edited my TRS2004 route I imported, and it works fine. I needed to update the map and data files manually, but that's normal these days. I used to run them through TS12, but after my recent reinstall, I didn't have that on my disk any longer and I didn't feel like looking for the DVD. ;)

Everything else, except for some Paintshed items and the known bugs, seems to work okay for now. Let's hope it continues like this.

TY stagecoach, tried to add a few driver commands and indeed it counts
had only seen it in beta versions before, 1 off the list :)

A theory repair for Paintshed items for John(not tried)
-Find the source mesh kuid (the white version)
-Clone it, it now has your kuid, save it somewhere
-Open the faulty "colored" paintshed skin
-copy the textures over the ones in the "white" clone
-check all tags and name it well
-submit

Last edited:

Hey G.M., my jaw dropped on my desk when I saw this screenshot, where did you get this ex- Edelweiss DMU? I have been yearning for this train(set) since the 1st day I own Trainz. I traveled from Rotterdam to Zürich with it long ago and I have always regarded these TEE trains as pure art instead of just another train. I hope it can be downloaded from somewhere. I'd be one happy goblin.

Ron

A theory repair for Paintshed items for John(not tried)
-Find the source mesh kuid (the white version)
-Clone it, it now has your kuid, save it somewhere
-Open the faulty "colored" paintshed skin
-copy the textures over the ones in the "white" clone
-check all tags and name it well
-submit

That may work but save yourself the effort. :)

This is a bug that's been reported and has been fixed. This will be fine in the next release I was told by the QA Team when I reported this recently.

@Ron both TEERam and Northlander, completely new models made here are close to finished
will be available later this year, when my daughter makes me a good site

Had a first look at the new passenger product 2020

+great work from iliosin on the meshes (hats off)
+multi culti finally
+no more bowler hats
+lods
-not animated
-no night mode (use a bit of selfilumination)
-PBR artifacts, like we often see in cabs with pbr
this ruins all great work done ;-(
but it sure is a step in the right direction

Found how to open the viewdetail screen for a loco in S2.0
a miniscule icon opens a menu then bottom option properties
because a selected item is very "green"
it is hard to see skin changes for a loco with texture replacement

Is there a setting that a selected object is less prominently selected
so less green layover?

Scriptwise, each new TRS version does not really improve(eufemism used)

-here MCcustom hud
-Portal Timetable Rule
-Path rule
really no idea how to bug report this. plz Chris, check all rules
remove unneeded timeouts (that worked fine before)
our PC's are faster, do not limit the game for us please. TY

will be continued

Last edited:
Test day 2

Opened BekoCity in session edit mode, and was a popup about dighole

folowed by another warning, that is not clear to me

Tried the Asset Preview Window in S2
it looks nice, but can't zoom, move or stop the rotating (works better in S1)

When Layer window is on top and Asset window below, and want to scroll the assets(trains)
a big white slider appears that slides the entire left column, instead of just the Train Assets

Here an attempt to use TRS22 S2 over 2 monitors

-When undocking, the left and right docking bars stay gray, so I left the layer on top left
opened mapview which can go to far left, it refuses to dock (which is good)
opened asset preview and expanded the Asset window giving more info this way (CM in S2)
-The Asset window has a limitation that you cannot pull it down full screen height

Moving consists is outright painful in S2. To select the train only, and not the track or anything else, it means using shift-click on each and every train car. It would be easier here for the marquee tool with a train car only selection so that we can select a consist then do what we need to do such as adding the consist to a saved consist or move the selected consist to another location.

The setup works fine for a few railcars, but when consists reach near prototype lengths, this is truly a frustrating and cumbersome, and sometimes fruitless effort of selecting the individual freight cars in the train while inadvertently selecting track too, or other track objects when selecting a consist to move it. The worst part is selecting a consist and the missing the shift-click and end up deselecting everything.

TRS22beta test report list

Updating from TRS19SP4 to TRS22 beta 115985
-no new TRS22 desktop icon created automatic
-settings are not taken from the previous install
-.cdp association icon disappears, no idea how to get it back

-Selection in S2, the green selection is a bit too much
FI you can't see skins when a loco has texture replacement
would be cool if you could have a parameter/setting to set the intensity

-Docking columns left and right
even when all docked windows are removed, gives a grey surface, that can't be removed
could this please be made transparent or invisible?
-Eyedropper tool, can show the kuid of missing items, does not work on splines
-Asset Window, thumbnails are 240x180 using them in a square often looks bad
-Asset Window, blue selection box not visible when thumbnail/icon is white
-Asset Window, it can be resized, but not over the entire screen height
-Asset Window, when pulling it wide to show more info and by accident you hit the docking area
it collapses to a small column again
-Preview window, can't stop autorotate can't move or zoom
-All windows in S2, could use a shortcut key (Function key) to open/close
-Bulk Asset replace only in the S1 menu
-Bulk Asset change parameter missing, examples:
select streetlamps and rotate all selected 90 degrees (optional all over the route)
select Catenary(splines) and move it up 0.1m (optional all over the route)

-Grid region, not standard in this version, the one on DLS works in TRS19SP5(newer)
-Passenger product, big improvement but not animated, or selfiluminated and PBR artifacts
-Icon to open the context sensitive menu, too small (many old men play this game)
-No good way to edit "old water" in S2
-Where are rulers in S2?
-Consist graphical Interface removed but no good alternative in S1 or S2
-Moving consist is near impossible in S2
-Scripts often timeout, this includes driver commands, unneeded cause we have faster pc's
-Too many unneeded warnings in the logs that only confuse users and don't help at all
-Trainzchat not usable because all login logout spam

I have no idea which of the above have been bug reported
on specific request I will
I like TRS22beta and S2 but needs a lot of work
greetings GM

Moving consists is outright painful in S2.
Double-click on any car in the consist to select the entire consist.
Hold shift while double-clicking and you can get several groups of cars then use "Merge into single train".

G.M. Most your points are already noted on our list of polish required. The current focus is on ensuring more critical issues are addressed (such as crashes and non-working functionality) and we'll be working through the polish features once the priority list is complete.

Where are rulers in S2? - Search for Rulers in the Asset list
Moving consist is near impossible in S2 - What are the exact issues here?
Scripts often timeout, this includes driver commands, unneeded cause we have faster pc's - We do, but given that a poorly written script can basically freeze your PC indefinitely, our dev team believe it's best to ensure scripts are optimised (and that they support streaming).
Too many unneeded warnings in the logs - Don't look. These are for content creators.

Back