Trainz Plus Release Candidate 115985 / 115993 now available

... no, that EDBR didn't solve anything. EMD GP40-2 Cab v20 is also listed as at unknown location... Mind you, I'm running the Mac version (build 115993), could that be the problem?:eek::eek:

Check for Content Pack updates. There have been some updates to those recently that may have your EMD GP40-2 Cab.

I understand that build 115985 is still a beta version, but now is classified as a release candidate.

it seems to me that the basic operational aspects are stable and are at least as good as TRS19. When using surveyor 1 mode it looks to be pretty much done. It seems that the beta part is mostly focus on s2.

So my question is, assuming my assumptions above are correct, should I now make this build my primary vehicle for working on routes and sessions? I would stop using TRS19 altogether. This would force me to become totally immersed in s2. What are the pros and cons with this approach? I am aware of the adage to never do any “to keep stuff” in a beta version but with surveyor 1 still in place it seems the risks are pretty low.

I would avoid moving over to this version until it's officially released. The Prod Passenger 2019 asset is missing and there are still quirky things going on that need to be addressed such as the Driver Speed Control script timing out among other things.

If you do decide to jump over completely anyway, I more than highly recommend taking a full backup of both the program version as you have it now as well as your current database just in case things don't go as planned.

Check for Content Pack updates. There have been some updates to those recently that may have your EMD GP40-2 Cab.

Viktor Lake has this version <kuid2:276266:100460:20> EMD GP40-2 Cab.
Update that package and you should be fine.

Unknown usually occurs when you re-use a local data folder in a different build and the content isn't in one of the local data folders. So your db knows about the content, but it can't find it to install it. (And so reinstalling the missing packages is the answer).

To be clear, this most likely isn't a problem with the update but rather the process used to update.

I would avoid moving over to this version until it's officially released. The Prod Passenger 2019 asset is missing and there are still quirky things going on that need to be addressed such as the Driver Speed Control script timing out among other things.

If you do decide to jump over completely anyway, I more than highly recommend taking a full backup of both the program version as you have it now as well as your current database just in case things don't go as planned.

All backed up and ready to jump. I have worked on several large routes for the past two days - both modifying and running the with no issues.

I have read all the feedback in this thread and none affect me, probably because the routes I have are not affected by the issues of missing assets or other faults.

The one issue I have experienced, both in the latest retail build for TRS19 and TRS22, is that I need to add more track marks for the AI trains. The AI trains appear to need more guidance through track areas with lots of switches. This is not a new issue with TRS22. But this is an easy fix, but time consuming.

So I will begin some extensive work on one my routes in TRS22 knowing that if things go astray I have have adequate backup and will only lose a few days work.

Thanks Paul. Your Figure Eight route is one of our test cases. It's a good test of lots of things with 50 AI trains, portals, coupling operations. Nicely done!

Update went smoothly without any issues. Now on 115985
But once in, I see that the junction turnout blades still don't move when I change junction direction. Tried several different procedural tracks and they all fail to move their turnout blades.
And yes, the track section facing the junction was straightened
Is this still a WIP?
The rest of the procedural junction: guard rails, frogs, ties, looks good.

Last edited:
Viktor Lake has this version <kuid2:276266:100460:20> EMD GP40-2 Cab.
Update that package and you should be fine.

Unknown usually occurs when you re-use a local data folder in a different build and the content isn't in one of the local data folders. So your db knows about the content, but it can't find it to install it. (And so reinstalling the missing packages is the answer).

To be clear, this most likely isn't a problem with the update but rather the process used to update.
Sorry, but this sounds like gobbledygook to me.
Take for example the following two assets that are listed as being at unknown location:
Grass (speedtree) Lib 1 <kuid2:661281:75069:4>
Grass (speedtree) Lib 2 <kuid2:661281:75098:1>
I take it that these are built-in assets in TRS22 (they are in TRS19SP5).
So, how am I to reinstall these?

FWIW, all these problems (600 odd missing dependencies in unknown locations) occurred when doing the upgrade in two steps from 115635 to 115993. There was no problem at all in 115635.

Last edited:
If they are unknown, then they are not in the required location. How you got there I can't say. (Trains is telling you the items are not there. You need to figure out which steps you took when patching that may have led to content being missing). Post all the details you can remember about your update process.

If you have an original copy of your local data folder, and copied that to a new location, and that is where your new install is pointed, then delete that copy and retry the same operation (as it would indicate you hadn't copied everything across).

The other option is create a new local data folder and reinstalling everything will ensure nothing is missing.

more feedback

Not sure if this feedback is of any use, but I tried a CMTM TRS19 test session also in this RC build and it worked!
(okay, the game crashes after a while but I think that's more related to Win11 + AMD gfx driver)
Lockheed

Sorry, but this sounds like gobbledygook to me.
Take for example the following two assets that are listed as being at unknown location:
Grass (speedtree) Lib 1 <kuid2:661281:75069:4>
Grass (speedtree) Lib 2 <kuid2:661281:75098:1>
I take it that these are built-in assets in TRS22 (they are in TRS19SP5).
So, how am I to reinstall these?

FWIW, all these problems (600 odd missing dependencies in unknown locations) occurred when doing the upgrade in two steps from 115635 to 115993. There was no problem at all in 115635.
The assets are indeed built in to TRS22 115985. Dependants include:
<kuid2:661281:67532:1> TRS22 - Additional Content Package
<kuid:661281:67536> TRS22 - MPS Package
Grass sets 7, 8, and 9

If they are unknown, then they are not in the required location. How you got there I can't say. (Trains is telling you the items are not there. You need to figure out which steps you took when patching that may have led to content being missing). Post all the details you can remember about your update process.

If you have an original copy of your local data folder, and copied that to a new location, and that is where your new install is pointed, then delete that copy and retry the same operation (as it would indicate you hadn't copied everything across).

The other option is create a new local data folder and reinstalling everything will ensure nothing is missing.
OK, I just made a new empty data folder, started TRS22 115993, selected High Performance and entered my login credentials.
Then I checked for the presence of those two built-in libraries: check, both present. Conclusion: nothing wrong with my build 115993.
So, how can these *built-in* assets get lost when combined with another data folder?

Anyway, I'll just reinstall everything, starting with my Content Vault right now. That'll keep me busy for a while...

Don't combine data folders. All you needed to do was copy the original TRS19 build folder to a new location and then redirect the TRS22 path to it.

On the Route West of Denver On the Session 03 West Local.

You go up to Rocky to Switch the Aggregate Plant after your done the switching and you Wye the train it tells you to process back to the main and the stop point is on the main. However the signal off the the siding stays at red even after the switch is in the right postion. and the Session Ends after to run the red signal

However the signal off the the siding stays at red even after the switch is in the right postion. and the Session Ends after to run the red signal

The West of Denver route has a few issues that have been reported. It will most likely require an update to be fixed, possibly when the SP5 update is released (but no promises).

You go up to Rocky to Switch the Aggregate Plant after your done the switching and you Wye the train it tells you to process back to the main and the stop point is on the main. However the signal off the the siding stays at red even after the switch is in the right postion. and the Session Ends after to run the red signal

One of the first things I do when running sessions is: At start I go in and delete the rule that kills the game if you pass a "stop" signal. There are just too many issues with red signals it seems.

Further to the saga of my "unknown location" problem...

1. Reinstalled TRS19 SP3 (build 114841) from scratch (empty data folder), then upgraded in two steps via 115925 to 115993.
Played a bit of a Kickstarter-2 session, looked OK.
2. Just out of curiosity pointed to my old fully populated data folder: items from Content Vault and all of Roy's original (not DLC) CPR routes + my sessions.
No, again hundreds of "unknown location" assets, just like my original problem.
3. Pointed to the new mostly empty data folder again and started to import items from Content Vault, including Roy's CPR routes (in turn including my own sessions).
That worked fine, but then I found I couldn't edit my own sessions because they now were DLC Payware... that's no good...
4. What to do? I decided to uninstall Roy's routes from Content Vault - then planned to return to my old data folder in order to make CDP-archives of the original
routes and sessions that could then be imported into the new data folder... but ...
5. ...to my surprise, the old data folder had no longer that "unknown location" problem. Everything works fine, with the *only* faulty item being the Kickstarter
Halloween session missing an unknown version of Kickstarter-2 (different from the built-in one).

I'm speechless, what happened here?:confused:

It strikes me that all sessions in 115993 play at a much lower frame rate compared with 114841 or even 115635.
This is using exactly the same performance settings on my M1Pro MacBook Pro.
For example, a session that would show a typical 40fps in the older builds now only does 20fps. It happens both in Kickstarter-2 sessions and my own sessions in Roy's CPR routes.
Am I the only one to experience this performance regression?

Back