How Do I add thumbnails to consists?

STLSF4003

I've been try to upload a consist to the DLS, but it keeps getting rejected due to it not having a thumbnail.

Could someone in the know walk me through this?

You need to edit the config.txt and add in a thumbnails container.

Code:
thumbnails
{
  {
    image                               "screenshot.jpg"
    width                               240
    height                              180
  }
}

Create an image at 240 x 180 pixels.

"screenshot.jpg" is your image name, you can use whatever you want.

The image needs to be in the asset folder.

Once you've made the change, be sure submit the asset.

Hope this helps.

Deleted, as I just duplicated John's answer. Although when I tried it, the thumbnail did not produce any error in CM (I did not attempt an upload) but the thumbnail image does not appear when I double click the asset in CM. That is not normal for an asset thumbnail unless consists have a different rule.

Last edited:
You need to edit the config.txt and add in a thumbnails container.

Code:
thumbnails
{
  {
    image                               "screenshot.jpg"
    width                               240
    height                              180
  }
}

Create an image at 240 x 180 pixels.

"screenshot.jpg" is your image name, you can use whatever you want.

The image needs to be in the asset folder.

Once you've made the change, be sure submit the asset.

Hope this helps.

I've got a screenshot that I'd like to use but the dimensions are too big. 1920 X 1017

Then you will need to use a graphics editor to scale and/or crop the image down to the required 240 x 180 pixels.

You can download a free app called Irfanview, then bring up your image and go to "Image - Resize/Resample" and save it as the smaller size.

Since you are new to image editing, do your "experimenting" on a copy of the screenshot and not on the original.

There's an automatic way in TRS19 - click on Content>Automatically Generate Thumbnails.

Seems to work best if you open the asset first. The image is fairly basic, but at least it is quick. It will do multiple files at once.

There's an automatic way in TRS19 - click on Content>Automatically Generate Thumbnails.

Seems to work best if you open the asset first. The image is fairly basic, but at least it is quick. It will do multiple files at once.

Hey! Thank you. That worked.

Back