TRS19 SP5 Beta 115943 now available

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
TRS19 SP5 Beta 115653 to TRS19 SP5 Beta 115943 is now available via the TRS19 Beta and TRS19 PE Beta patch streams.

This build has assertions enabled.

(If you're on 114800 you can patch to 115943 with a couple of small steps).

Changelist:
  • non-PBR ground textures now apply at the correct height (track not buried)
  • ARN working correctly
  • Sessions options working correctly
  • Environment settings remembered
  • more tba

Known Issues:
  • Tidewater route requires updating
  • Signals can be flipped if track joined to industry

Last edited:
Good job and Thank you Chris, Terry and Tony !

Updated from beta 115653 to beta release assertion 115943
-download time less than 1 minute 35mb
-DBR less than 1 minute 3794 items only
-Manage Content CM opens instant

Confirmed Fixed
-Texture replacement (incl.ARN) changing on 1 loco does no longer affect the others
-Minimap arrows are back and working
-Sessions Options works again
-Non PBR groundtextures no longer drown, track and roads in higher shader settings
-<kuid2:523:19723276:5> USRA Light Pacific, DCC mode, Internal view, injector switch seems fixed

Crucial Fixes:
-PBR-ground textures too high upon placing, drowning even built-in Procedural track

Recommended Fixes/checks:
-Remove (now obsolete)consist data handler rule from the standard new session list
-Main menu the top main buttons, Type: LOCOMOTIVE is truncated (at 1920x1080) same for ROLLING STOCK
use a smaller font? (or wider buttons)
-freedom (and easy way) to use any grid in any region
-Driver Setup rule Properties, shows a 0 (zero) in the upper right corner(add 1 driver to see)
-Junction Arrows, cleaner without the red blob (circle)

-scripted embedded object minimap in driver, options to set what is visible (will try to script it)
-Check if the Cabin (kind interior) tag opacity has changed in SP5, 4gy4tl4n
use Auran cab <kuid:-25:1168> gen 1044, in SP5 to test
-LLCR <kuid2:87589:90002:7> Loco Lighting Control Rule, back in built-in content

-New water needs further development, more user friendly, color, transparency, easy removing, good manual
-Clean up of unused Surveyor2 files in TRS19
-Edit Environment, green dot at default session time (10.00h) (for easier setup). euromodeller

Seems I am the only tester, your own personal pita :)
keep up the good work
greetings GM

Edit, tried a procedural junction
-in surveyor, switching, gave noise but no animation
-and after a little moving of spline points I got this

Last edited:
Thanks for the update.

You'll need to unpause Surveyor to see the animation.

Re the PBR/non-PBR blending, there really isn't an option for them to work together. The solution is avoid this situation in areas where it matters.

Other fixes/updates/suggestions you've mentioned are currently lower priority than other tasks.

Tried to visit test track from CM

pressed continue and now it is stuck on the loading screen
waited 5 minutes then stopped it with taskmanager
quite sure it was ok in beta before this

Last edited:
Update went well. Very quick. No major issues so far.

For me the great thing is no faulty assets after the last two updates.

Install went smoothly.

Still have derailments when using COUPLE TO command. Not allways, but 6 out of 10 times.
Tried to reduce approach speed and used onther couple commands but the problem reoccurs and not every time at the same consist.

Thanks for checking

Fast, smooth update. All my settings preferences were retained.
Quick check of key sessions and routes checked out well...
Congratulations and thanks to the N3V crew and all fellow beta testers.
Please have an enjoyable and relaxing break - and we'll see you again in the New Year for a momentous ride!

Still have derailments when using COUPLE TO command.

Which KUID?
How do you reduce the approach speed?
Try turning down all performance sliders and seeing if that makes a difference (as it may be frame rate related).

.. thankz for the update .. went quick and easy within 3 min, including dbr .. after a 1st start i did a prebuild with launcher/developer/run trainzutil command, which made the screen build up a lot faster .. everything is faster ..

my test was this time focused on copy, paste and merging ..
because last week i merged in another (philskene)version build 114800 2 routes : <kuid2:69871:3625:1> TRS19 - The Jenn Erik RR & <kuid2:69871:3503:3> TRS19 - The Phootnote & Fourword RR ..
before merging i had a lot of work with copy, paste, adding/deleting grounds (have detailed report with pics) .. but it worked finally .. the merging went well and was ok ..

.. after the update of my (work)version 115653 to trs19.5b, i installed from dls the 2 mentioned routes into this build 115943 : copying, pasting, adding and deleting grounds went very quick and easy .. and even better .. thankz for that ..
however : when i wanted to merge the 2nd route to the 1st, it didn't .. the merge-window showed the warning that i had to merge the same-named-layers, which i did .. after that the merge-window showed the 1st route without the 2nd .. i checked ok .. and after an hour the game was still thinking .. so, i interrupted ..
after a dbr i tried again .. and again with 2 of my own dioramas .. and again with other dls-routes .. i tried at least 10 times : never showed up the 2nd in the merge-window .. hope you can reproduce that ..

i will send a detailed bug report with pics ..

Try zooming out - it is possible that one of the routes is offset a long way (which happens if people delete lots of baseboards).

Actually, scratch that idea. Merge is broken.

Last edited:
Try zooming out - it is possible that one of the routes is offset a long way (which happens if people delete lots of baseboards).
.. thankz tony, for the quick responce .. i did zooming as far as i could .. and i have deleted only 4 baseboards ... i also tried merging with unedited routes ..

Which KUID?

Different rolling stock and different locs. As i said, not always the same result. Sometimes it passes and sometimes it don't.
wagons -25:52 or
<kuid2:127320:300023:2> amongst others
locs <kuid:499064:100362> or <kuid2:404575:101200:1> amongst others

How do you reduce the approach speed?

I use in line speed signs
<kuid:53425:20025> V.lim invisible combined with the "set max speed to" command (<kuid:450022:90002>)

Try turning down all performance sliders and seeing if that makes a difference (as it may be frame rate related).

All the sliders are at the lowest because I run a quite heavy session with about 80 AI trains.

At the moment the loc is about to couple, after it reduced speed and stopped for a short moment, you see it hesitating and then run really into the wagon followed by the derailment. As it stops too late.

Thanks for checking.

Another problem solved, now on the DLS "kuid2 661281 120000 1 Grid Region"
Download it and you can have the old grid as base for route building, TY Tony :)

All the sliders are at the lowest because I run a quite heavy session with about 80 AI trains.

At the moment the loc is about to couple, after it reduced speed and stopped for a short moment, you see it hesitating and then run really into the wagon followed by the derailment. As it stops too late.

Thanks for checking.

The more load you put on the game engine the more likely you will have derailments (or SPADs). For example if Trainz "hangs" for a few seconds during a train exiting a portal it will almost certainly derail.

Hi Williang,

I notice these 'hangs' regularly, and yes often while executing couplings. Perhaps I must postpone the start of additional trains over a longer time.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

I noticed the derail on coupling in some DLC sessions in build 114000 and reported it only to be informed I should take it up with the author. Now in 115943 the same issue is present in more DLC sessions and it is exagerated because in the Mojave session Walong Stall the consist that the player is expected to couple to has no visible locomtives until the player reaches the coupling position at 3mph (tested in both arcade and realistic modes). When the coupling occurs the consist locomotives appear and all vehicles derail.
From a ticket I submitted I understood that the issues with the Mojave route were to be addressed in the SP5 update, those are long standing issues, the non functioning ATLAS crossigs and the displaced ground at tunnel 9 (I think) at the end of the loop. That said it seems there are now derail on coupling issues with the sessions to be addressed as well.

Rather than a bug, can I suggest that we keep this feature outside of the Beta releases? If you could configure it to show the driver name instead of the consist number it will be useful on larger layouts with many AI trains, since you don't always know which train is locking up junctions.

access-0.jpg

Back