Having a Conflict of Interest with this year's Music City [American Football] Bowl

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
Now I know that Americans who follow college football know it's bowl season, which is when the football teams go to different bowl games across the country. The conflict of interest comes from this year's (2021) Music City Bowl, which is held in Nashville, Tennessee. Now I'm a fan of the University of Tennessee, as both of my parents attended that campus and I was born in Tennessee, and most of my relatives live in Tennessee, I go to Chattanooga, Tennessee a lot, and I visit Pigeon Forge, Tennessee many times throughout my life. The problem is the competing team: Perdue University, whose football team is The Boilermakers, and whose mascot is a steam locomotive built on a truck frame. Now, being a railfan, I would naturally root for Perdue, but because the University of Tennessee Volunteers are in it, and naturally I would root for Tennessee because they're my home team, I have a conflict of interest regarding which team I would root for, along with every other railfan who's a Tennessee fan. Ultimately, I will not betray my fellow Tennessee fans for my love of trains.

Just cheer for the great plays on either side and enjoy the many talents on the field. That's what I do when I have a conflict. I root for both of them, but figure only one gets to win, so they both need to play their best. Enjoy the game!

Purdue University

Cheer for the Vols and enjoy the Purdue band and Loco mascot. I believe at one time the Purdue Band boasted they had the largest drum in the world.

Sadly, the Tennessee Volunteers lost the game on a controversial ruling by the officials. Purdue did have interesting helmets with railroad track going from front to back along the crown of the helmet.

Sadly, the Tennessee Volunteers lost the game on a controversial ruling by the officials. Purdue did have interesting helmets with railroad track going from front to back along the crown of the helmet.

Yes. I watched it. And it sucked. I think Purdue probably bought off the officials to give them that ruling.

This thread is in the proper subforum. Some of us do have interests outside of Trainz. On that note, my school, class of 80, had no trouble with Cincinnati last night.

Back