Trainz Plus Beta 115926 (PC) and 115925 (Mac) now available

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
New beta builds are available via the Trainz Plus Beta patch stream.

PC - Trainz Plus Beta 115628 to Trainz Plus Beta 115926
PC - Trainz Plus 114800 to Trainz Plus Beta 115926
Mac - Trainz Plus Beta 115635 to Trainz Plus Beta 115925
Mac - Trainz Plus 114841 to Trainz Plus Beta 115925

There is a long list of fixes and improvements in this update, mostly relating to S20. Changelist is in post #6.

A reminder that while we do monitor the forums, the best way to ensure any issues are identified and addresses is to use the Trainz Bug Report.

Known Issues:
* Older DLC may show as not active - update the asset if there is an update available (or wait for our update to resolve the problem).

Last edited:
Downloaded and installed without issue.
Cab windows now see through, ARN appears to be working correctly, skin changers work as normal, no disappearing point blades.
Great work N3V, so far no new issues.
cheers
Graeme

Downloaded and installed.

One issue, a missing dependency.

<kuid:565249:100506> Prod Passengers 2019 - unknown location.

It has no known earlier versions. This is a dependency of <kuid2:450495:100004:6> 02 Winter Park Express - Eastbound (Evening) which is a session in the <kuid2:57230:100258:7> West from Denver - Moffat Route (packaged, payware), The route and session had no issues or missing dependencies prior to this update.

Recent changes

• Enabled assertions.
  • Replaced TRS19 logo with TRS22 logo on loading screen.
  • Improved hit-testing behaviour for the Free Move tool in S20.
  • Fixed a rendering issue with MacOS Ultra PostProcessing.
  • Improved CM list refresh performance.
  • Fixed assorted problems when dragging objects in S20.
  • S20 Tool Options now allows a scale above 100%, which is useful for some non-texture scenarios.
  • Prevent entry of non-numeric characters into S20 Tool Option text fields.
  • Fixed the display of 'procedural track failure' (i.e. red spline endpoint).
  • Disable clicking on interactive objects such as junctions when using the S20 Brush tool.
  • Tweaked the S20 spline endpoints to make them easier to target with the mouse.
  • Assorted MPS fixes.
  • Fixed a usability issue where the user could trigger a module switch during a cutscene.
  • Changed the S20 Marquee anchors to behave like every other anchor.
  • Added keyboard shortcuts for S20 tool activation.
  • Added keyboard shortcut for the S20 Gizmo menu.
  • Fixed a rendering issue with non-PBR ground textures.
  • Fixed an issue where painting with an Effect Layer Preset could incorrectly generate redundant effect layers.
  • Improved the handling of the S20 "Presets" filter and its assets.
  • Fixed a texture replacement conflict.
  • Fixed an issue where menu icons could overlap menu item text.
  • Fixed a mismatch between S20 marquee selection and S20 marquee copy/paste.
  • Fixed the Session Options dialog.
  • Added support for saving mesh object "Pitch" rotation.
  • Fixed a bug with scrolling menus on MacOS.
  • Fixed a bug where changing region at route creation and then extending the baseboard could result in an incorrect texture being applied at the baseboard join.
  • Fixed some S20 scenarios where a child spline could be inappropriate detached from its parent object.
  • Improved the readability of the Asset Palette thumbnail view selection highlight.
  • Bogeys now show as highlighted when the parent train car is highlighted.
  • Fixed some doubling-up of height edits (etc) on trackside objects.
  • Avoid switching from the Free Move tool to the Brush tool in S20 when changing filters.
  • Add support for the 'control' keyboard modifier to the S20 Eyedropper tool, to copy the clicked asset directly to the picklist.
  • Attempting to unlock a layer via the Info palette will now warn if the route is locked.
  • Assorted minor bugfixes and performance optimisations.
  • Improved multiplayer train interpolation.
  • Fix the behaviour of Copy/Paste with hidden layers.
  • Fix a case where the I-beam mouse cursor could become stuck on.
  • Add a "Randomise Rotation" anchor menu command in S20.
  • Fix the missing progress spinner on the S20 Asset List palette.
  • Fix 20 Marquee Height Adjustment.
  • Fix some flickering in the Windows GUI.
  • Fix some scroll tearing in the Windows GUI.
  • Additional S20 menu options for controlling overlays.
  • Assorted S20 minimap behaviour fixes.
  • Removed an unsupported turntable asset from the MPS content set.
  • Fixed the behaviour of the S20 marquee tool when there are no extant ground sections.
  • Improved a case where unnecessary drivers were created while editing in Surveyor.
  • Fixed an occasional issue with speedtrees flickering on macOS.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]chris[/FONT]

One issue, a missing dependency.

<kuid:565249:100506> Prod Passengers 2019 - unknown location.

Thanks - it looks like there are a few issues with the new content set. We'll need to update things again.

There are also a number of DLC routes showing as not active. We'll address this tomorrow.

Great, now I don't have to look at the cars and locomotives with the same numbers, the ARN was one of my complaints especially the ones from Trainz forge and Jointed Rail.

I have a simple question. How can I disable the display of (I assume) MPS routes in the in game list of routes. If I can't then that feature should be added.

Downloaded and installed - no issues.

look if there is a shortcut key for fine adjustment tool and placement tool not see yet.
Use it a lot if not most.
thanks for the patch.

I have a simple question. How can I disable the display of (I assume) MPS routes in the in game list of routes. If I can't then that feature should be added.

IF you man in Driver/Surveyor...

First thing I do Is set the "Source" filter at top of screen to "installed." MPS routes won't show.

Actually, I lied. First thing I do if wanting a particular route is to just start typing the name of the route I want as the cursor is in the "Search" field when that screen opens.

I'm at build 115628 and my update stream shows as TNI Physics Beta. Am I OK to switch to Trainz Plus Beta? Thought it best to check before doing so.

Thanks, Jack

Just one question - What is this "interpolation"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpolation

in other words, the system that decides the position of the trains in between updates from the server. So if you're watching a train that is travelling at 1m/s, it will move forward at 1m/s on your screen. If the player in control then hits the brakes, it will carry on at 1m/s until the new information is delivered from the server, at which time the train will be repositioned. (This is a very basic outline, there's a lot more to it than this).

Updated OK and loading my route shows AI driver commands now acting as they should also ATLS is working correctly. The only thing is scenery is slow to load but there is a lot.

Back