Help!

Jinty105

Does anyone know how to fix the green textures on the wheels of older stock? I've had this happen to me a few times now.

Last edited:
A unnatural green colour in an asset usually means that it has a missing or faulty texture file. You would need to identify the bogies used and check them for faults.

It says that the textures are missing. How do I recreate it? If it helps, I'm trying to fix the K&L Trainz L1s.

The description "K&L Trainz L1" is far too vague. My searches on "K&L" and "L1" did not reveal any bogies or train cars on the DLS.

If you can quote the <kuid> value of the bogie with the missing texture file and, if possible, where you downloaded it from, it would be much more helpful.

If it's the chrome texture on the wheels, it can't be repaired. This is the same issue with older vehicles with green windshields and chrome surfaces and has to do with the texture being misapplied and missing from the model. There is a fix for it, but it requires some hexadecimal editing in order to apply a new texture to the mesh.

The description "K&L Trainz L1" is far too vague. My searches on "K&L" and "L1" did not reveal any bogies or train cars on the DLS.

If you can quote the <kuid> value of the bogie with the missing texture file and, if possible, where you downloaded it from, it would be much more helpful.

I downloaded it from here:https: //kltrainz.com/product/prr-l1s-mikado/
Here is the <kuid> value: <kuid:68926:520004>
I hope this helps.

The item is, obviously, not on the DLS so I don't have it. I have a policy of not using anything that is not either built into Trainz or on the DLS as it causes problems for anyone who downloads and installs any of my creations - they then have to go and search for the missing assets.

The creator of that asset is giov2 (her/his username) and has never posted any messages in the forums or uploaded anything to the DLS. This will cause problems. Normally I would look in any other assets by the same creator to see if they contain the missing files, but as there are no other assets ....

The only advice I can give is to either ignore the problem or use other railcars that do not have missing textures.

Sorry, but that is one of the problems I have found with using assets from other "3rd party" web sites.

Someone else may know of an answer.

Use the command "View errors and warnings" on the loco bogey. That should tell you if a texture is missing. It's most likely one of the textures used for the glossy/reflect materials.

You may be able to add a texture using the program IMEditor - see https://contentcreation.trainzsimulator.com/im-editor-edit-im-files/ The program comes from a Russian site but seems to be OK and I've been using for a few years.

You can easily break an asset using IMEditor so make a copy of the affected assets first. I'd make two copies: one for safe keeping and another to work on.

This is what IMEditor looks like when viewing one of my (very old) bogies.

3Aa9fVZ.jpg

Back