Ghost Trains?? or Missing Trains??

boleyd

I have at least 5 individual trains that can be searched for, and found. But, there is nothing at the indicated location. I think long ago I actually dug down until I found the "missing" item. However, with the number of items makes dumping the route a better idea. Many month into it but now portal emissions have stopped and the only reason that seems relevant is the missing assets.. ??:confused:

build 115653

There's a bug that causes a session to "lose" its rolling stock. The rolling stock isn't actually lost. The consists have somehow moved to the world origin and are usually arranged in a circle around the point. I reported this to the QA Team, and they subsequently reported it to the developers.

There is a variant of this that does in fact somehow lose the content. In this version, the assets appear to have derailed, but can't be removed. There is a way to remove the rolling stock, however. This is done by running delete missing assets.

Exhumation complete. Delete missing assets "appears" to have violated the graves and gave them a proper burial. Now I have to remember the trick (with a touch of logic) to Delete Missing Assets.

THANKS

I'm not sure from the OP whether the trains are disappearing while the session is running or that when you load a saved session the train is no longer visable. In my case I'm sure the train was there when I saving the session but it had disappeared with symptoms similar to yours (shows on the menu but when you click on the train it is not there but it can be located somewhere on the map as a bunch of cars piled on each other in the middle of no where). Here is/was my problem and I posted this a year ago (Mid 2020 & January, 2021). I assume that if this is still happening after the "update" to build 114800 that the problem has not beeen fixed.

One final comment. I have used TRS19 very little since mid-2020 because of the disappearing consist problem reported a year or so ago. I have not seen anything that indicated this has been diagnosed or corrected. In my case, the disappearing consists were comprised mostly of Build 3.3 (TS2010) content that I moved over to TRS19. These kuids still use the IM files. I don't know if the IM files or lower build numbers have anything to do with the disappearing consists but I thought I'd mention that. Unless or until that problem is resolved I see no reason to continue using TRS19. In my case I run sessions and save them and come back later and run some more and save again. Let us say I have saved 10 times with 10 separate sessions. When I open session 10 and find my consist out in a field somewhere looking like it was stomped into the ground vertically by the Jolly Green Giant I am not happy. I go back to an earlier session and find my consist is missing there as well all the way back to and including the original session. All I can do is delete all saved sessions, edit the original session, and start over. I cannot trust TRS19.

Back