Screenshot of The Week: December 12 to December 19 2021 (No Theme)

2021-12-07-184106.jpg

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

It's the 1970's, and six Southern SD40-2 are screaming their hearts out pulling the last third of their TOFC train up Saluda Grade. The engineer has the throttle in notch 8, and is pouring sand onto the track to make sure he gets to the top of the grade. The grade is currently a little over 4.8%, and he's not yet met the maximum grade of 5.04%. He has already conquered the grade twice, taking the first two-thirds of the train to the top of the grade. Once he gets to the top of the grade, he will combine the sections back into one train before continuing onto a crew change at Asheville, North Carolina.

Last edited:
The grade is currently a little over 4.8%, and he's not yet met the maximum grade of 5.04%. He has already conquered the grade twice, taking the first two-thirds of the train to the top of the grade.

And this is why I never will want to be an engineer on the Southern railway in the 1970's and 80's. Long hoods limiting visibility, steep grades and other reasons.

Sorry for off-topic, just wanted to say something :)
Great shot by the way.

And this is why I never will want to be an engineer on the Southern railway in the 1970's and 80's. Long hoods limiting visibility, steep grades and other reasons.

Sorry for off-topic, just wanted to say something :)
Great shot by the way.

And that is why I love the Southern of the '70s and '80s. Southern Steam Program, Southern 4501 in Crescent colors, need I say more?

Submissions are now closed. There are 8 entries so please vote for 1. Voting ends December 26; please post your votes below.

Back