Help needed with Surveyor 2.0

Lcruxon

Good Morning all,

I've been trying to get to grips with S2.0, and there are a couple of issues that I need some advice on:

1) The scrapbook tool doesn't seem to work properly. I can copy assets into a scrapbook fine, but when I go to either clone them or use the brush, the placement of the assets is completely random and looks nothing like the original that I took the scrapbook from. I'm sure it is me doing it wrong, but are there any instructions anywhere!?

2) Water effects layer. I am creating a new route and want to add a watery harbour area. My understanding is that using the route effects layer would give the best results. When I add the effect, the lowest height I can add the water is 1.25M, which is too high, so it floods most of the harbour error. Is there any way to have water lower than 1.25M?

Any hints and tips would be great appreciated.

In case it makes any difference, I am running TRS22 beta MAC edition.

Thanks,
Leigh

Good Morning all,

I've been trying to get to grips with S2.0, and there are a couple of issues that I need some advice on:

1) The scrapbook tool doesn't seem to work properly. I can copy assets into a scrapbook fine, but when I go to either clone them or use the brush, the placement of the assets is completely random and looks nothing like the original that I took the scrapbook from. I'm sure it is me doing it wrong, but are there any instructions anywhere!?

2) Water effects layer. I am creating a new route and want to add a watery harbour area. My understanding is that using the route effects layer would give the best results. When I add the effect, the lowest height I can add the water is 1.25M, which is too high, so it floods most of the harbour error. Is there any way to have water lower than 1.25M?

Any hints and tips would be great appreciated.

In case it makes any difference, I am running TRS22 beta MAC edition.

Thanks,
Leigh

1) when you paste the scrapbook content on the route places it using the scale as setted on the side menu so with a larger scale position on the objects could seem different. Check the scale and rotation before paste from scrapbook

2) you have to use the "set height" mode on the water layer to set the desired level of it. Water in S2.0 is like the ground and you can also create a slope of water if you wish

Has anyone figured out how deselect the assets in the scrapbook thumbnails so you can set what they really are. Mine show up in the thumbnail as selected and have the yellow highlight around them. Makes the difficult to see.

could someone tell me how to switch to the new surveyor in trainz 2022, i see the classic menu option, but no other way to change it to the 2.0 version.

Has anyone figured out how deselect the assets in the scrapbook thumbnails so you can set what they really are. Mine show up in the thumbnail as selected and have the yellow highlight around them. Makes the difficult to see.

Press CTRL+D to deselect. This will deselect the assets but not the image in the thumbnail. You may want to report that as a bug, but it maybe that the Devs are aware of that and it's on the list of many things needing tweaking and cleanup.

could someone tell me how to switch to the new surveyor in trainz 2022, i see the classic menu option, but no other way to change it to the 2.0 version.

Click on the tools wrench icon on the top menu.
Choose Surveyor 2.0

Last edited:
TRS22 does not have S20. It is possible you've patched to TRS22 not Trainz Plus.

If you have TRS22 116492 you can patch to Trainz Plus using the Trainz Plus patch stream.

When using the brush option to place the scrapbook contents they will be compressed to match the brush size. The solution is to increase the size of the brush tool.

When using the clone option the brush size does not matter but if the scrapbook contents take up more space than the size of the brush then you will need to paint the baseboard with the brush, circular brushstrokes seem to work well, to reveal more of the scrapbook.

I would really appreciate if it were made easier to paste perfectly 1:1, without having to figure out how large the selection was to begin with.

Perfectly 1:1 is what the Scrapbook Clone option does, no need to "figure out how large the selection was to begin with". When the Scrapbook "asset" (if I can call it that) is created it gives you the option of setting the height of objects within the asset to Absolute or Relative values. If you have selected Relative then you are actually painting the asset onto the existing terrain at the heights present in the terrain. Absolute simply drops the asset into place "as is" with its original height values regardless of the terrain height where you are placing it.

Back