surveyor 2.0 not available in trs22

jbcz

I have successfully downloaded trs22 beta and imported my old content from trs19, but when I go to surveyor I only have the option of surveyor classic. Any suggestions?

If you don't have an active Trainz + or gold membership then you'll only get surveyor classic.
You need to have an active Trainz + / gold membership in order to get access to s2.0.

Cheers

Hello All,

I am a bit lost also.

I have 115653 showing on my launch page.

I am only able to find "Edit in Surveyor Mode"

Any help in basic English would be much appreciated.

Russell

Hello All,

I am a bit lost also.

I have 115653 showing on my launch page.

I am only able to find "Edit in Surveyor Mode"

Any help in basic English would be much appreciated.

Russell

If you have Plus or Gold membership you open your route as normal. You can then go to the drop-down menu at the top of your route. You will have a choice of the S2.0 surveyor, driver mode, or classic surveyor. If you only see driver mode and surveyor mode then you don't have S2.0.

To summarize:_

• TRS22 (beta) installed as a stand-alone package does not have Surveyor 2.0 as an option. The beta version is the only one currently available but the full retail release, when it comes, will also not have Surveyor 2.0 as an option.
  • Trainz Plus (non beta) does not have Surveyor 2.0 as an option but when Trainz plus SP5 is released it will include Surveyor 2.0 as an option as well as Surveyor 1.0.
  • Trainz Plus (beta) includes Surveyor 2.0 as an option as well as Surveyor 1.0
  • TRS22 installed after purchasing a Trainz Plus annual subscription before Jan 15th 2022 includes Surveyor 2.0 as an option as well as Surveyor 1.0 for as long as you maintain the subscription. If you discontinue the subscription then you will keep TRS22 but it will no longer have Surveyor 2.0 as an option.

Adding just as a reminder..

It's not only the "build" that provides features, but also your account (if you are "Plus" or "Gold"), and, the update stream you have set in game. ("beta" for example).

Another reminder... Beta software is just that... Beta! Please don't expect beta software to act like stable public releases. It will not have all features... It will have issues that need fixing. You should not use beta software as your "main" app. It should be a separate install to use for testing and learning.

• TRS22 installed after purchasing a Trainz Plus annual subscription before Jan 15th 2022 includes Surveyor 2.0 as an option as well as Surveyor 1.0 for as long as you maintain the subscription. If you discontinue the subscription then you will keep TRS22 but it will no longer have Surveyor 2.0 as an option.

Thank You!

That part I had not understood, and that part tells me I am not going to stress getting back into Trainz at the moment. I had read the pay and get to keep for ever part, and that was tempting, but to get a tool and then lose it the moment life catches up and I can't be on the subscription is to me the same as I am staying away.

I hardly been into Trainz a few years now, but my husband finally got his Freedom December 3, 2021 by dying...
And I need to find ways to make life feel worth it and my Cripple Creek interest needs a distraction from time to time.
But, seeing how hard it is to get inspired to do stuff and have been like this for years, decades, and now with all living cost going way up, and the income getting to be around 1/3 of what it was before July 8, 2020 when I got "forced separated" by the backside of Norway's Healthcare system putting him into nursery home and locked me out, as they did not understand or even wanted to listening to what damage they did to me and my husband as they did not understand neither of us, I have to really watch the money way more then I have had to since 1996 when I moved into a relationship, by moving to Belgium with my then boyfriend, later husband.

Surveyor 2 sounds tempting, but as I expect it will take a long time to find my way around this life that is left, I do not know how much energy I will have for Trainz and hence paying for something I then lose if I do not keep paying, that is then better not to have known it in the first place my mind say.

So thank you all for having this thread, it was helpful for me to try make some plans for my future.

Linda

Linda

Sorry to hear about your loss and hardships.

Surveyor 2.0 is tempting but it is still a work in progress with many bug fixes needed (some of which were released in an update today) and many more to come. From my limited experiences of it so far it is a significant advance over Surveyor 1.0 but it does have a learning curve.

Surveyor 2.0 will eventually make it into a non-subscription version of Trainz further "down the track" (TRS25, TRS27, who knows??) and by then it will be a more more polished product. You would probably be wise to wait until then. Meanwhile TRS19 Platinum is an excellent product.

My thoughts.

Last edited:
Linda,

I am sorry to hear about the recent events in your life. Grief can be all encompassing, please be kind to yourself.

My condolences and best wishes.

Alan

My thoughts are with you, Linda.
It is so difficult after the loss of a loved one.

I've had so many dark moments in the last few years, but being a member of the Trainz community and using the software really helped me through those times.
I hope that you can find a way to return to the fold, remember that anything you create for the community will be much appreciated and will remain here for future new members to enjoy, that's what keeps me going.
As a 71 year old on state pension I really do understand how much we are bring affected by price rises for just the basics in life, it is becoming increasingly difficult to manage our budgets.
Maybe you could try one of the subscription models of the software and spread the cost that way?

Whatever you decide I wish you good health and good luck for the future.

All the best,
Graham

Thank You Graham

I tried modeling a couple of years ago, older 3dsmax and ran into things to dark in Trainz and just put it aside as to hard for my brain then.
Appreciate the words, and take care back, always try to find what bring joy into our life, whatever that is at the moment.

Linda

This is why I ended my Gold subscription, I had renewed it when I heard of the the new Surveyor 2.0 but then, recently, I saw I have to pay for a year's sub in advance, I just cannot afford such an amount of money right now and tbh, I am kinda pissed at N3V for not having announced this earlier, whatever the reason for that is. I spend about 95% of my time in TRS with routebuilding and Surveyor 2.0 was the reason I had renewed my sub.
So now I am working with TRS 19build 114800, no more N3V sub for me.

Ron

You only have to pay a year in advance if you want to qualify for the offer of keeping TRS22 forever. The monthly sub will still continue and you can use TRS22 and S2.0 until you stop paying for the sub. If your present sub is an annual one you don't need to purchase a new annual sub until it expires sometime before Dec 2022

Last edited:
I know, but as I wrote in my previous post, I cannot afford it right now, monthly would be no problem but a year subscription is more to pay in advance than a monthly fee...not all of use have a nice financial income.
So 'only have to pay a year in advance' is easy to say if you can afford to pay $129.49 before the 15th......but I can't, I have to eat.

Ron

I know, but as I wrote in my previous post, I cannot afford it right now, monthly would be no problem but a year subscription is more to pay in advance than a monthly fee...not all of use have a nice financial income.
So 'only have to pay a year in advance' is easy to say if you can afford to pay $129.49 before the 15th......but I can't, I have to eat.

Ron

As just stated above you can still pay monthly....

Back