street running trains on you tube like it; with stupid people

hello first

if i was an street running train engineer ill go not no 25 mph more like 45 or 55 mph. and those people who dont want to stop at the gate and run the gate while the train is within 50ft oh well to bad for you just became fertilizer for the ground. its like playing dodge ball with the train and the car will lose every time crossing the tracks just to beat the train and saved about what 15 secs instead of waiting; stupid go ahead and kill your self just because you dont and to wait for a few mins and the twisted bunch of metal that use to be a car will it just became kids playground equipment not really .

train is a business they have a time schedule from point a to point b if they dont make it then in the time period the company loses the contract; iam just saying thats what i was told. i dont know how true it. faster is better faster you get there from to point a to point b the better, so my point, if the trains go as fast as they can to get from point a to point b so good so they can trun around sooner load up on the consist go fatser. faster they go the more companies they will supply and more companies will be happy and keep the contract with the rail road. faster means money for the railroads.

o
next the tracks were there long before the town or city was there. so what mayor of the town decides to build a town around the track with the tracks going down in the middle of the road with businesses on both sides of it it well thats just bad planning those mayors knew the track were there and decieded to sy yeah lets bulild the town with tracks down the min road did they not think the safty of the vehicles traffic or better yet the safety of the pedestrians who visit the businesses with x amount of feet maybe 20ft on both sides iam just guessing

switchmen37

hello first

if i was an street running train engineer ill go not no 25 mph more like 45 or 55 mph. and those people who dont want to stop at the gate and run the gate while the train is within 50ft oh well to bad for you just became fertilizer for the ground. its like playing dodge ball with the train and the car will lose every time crossing the tracks just to beat the train and saved about what 15 secs instead of waiting; stupid go ahead and kill your self just because you dont and to wait for a few mins and the twisted bunch of metal that use to be a car will it just became kids playground equipment not really .

train is a business they have a time schedule from point a to point b if they dont make it then in the time period the company loses the contract; iam just saying thats what i was told. i dont know how true it. faster is better faster you get there from to point a to point b the better, so my point, if the trains go as fast as they can to get from point a to point b so good so they can trun around sooner load up on the consist go fatser. faster they go the more companies they will supply and more companies will be happy and keep the contract with the rail road. faster means money for the railroads.

o
next the tracks were there long before the town or city was there. so what mayor of the town decides to build a town around the track with the tracks going down in the middle of the road with businesses on both sides of it it well thats just bad planning those mayors knew the track were there and decieded to sy yeah lets bulild the town with tracks down the min road did they not think the safty of the vehicles traffic or better yet the safety of the pedestrians who visit the businesses with x amount of feet maybe 20ft on both sides iam just guessing

switchmen37

Then you would be fired from the railroad because you weren't following the speed limits, and with an attitude like that you'd probably wouldn't get hired by a railroad. Safety is their #1 priority. That is why speed limits on street running trackage is so low, to quickly stop a train when a car is obstructing the tracks. In most cases the railroad was there before the town developed around the tracks.

Trains are required by law as well to go slow on public streets so they can stop in case something happens.
The city I live in has a track by UP that runs in the street and the speed limit for the street is 30mph while the track speed is between 20-25mph.

I won't want to see a train going that fast when I drive right next to it.

Cheers

hey jordon412; yeah it was an idea that popped into my mind thinking that faster is better and to take on more companies that would the railroads would like but not at the expense of safety and liability. yeah i guess i dont want to see that 50 mph run down the middle of the street either.

i guess i goofed on that one. i guess i did not think that through. yeah bad post here :(

so, in my city of 40,000 the mph sign next to the tracks is at 50 seems a little high i want to say conrail put that there but seems new since dcr took over. people in my city did not like conrail. because they carry mile one train thats not it. its the speed they went through the city seems like they had no requard of saftey and the main line through the city is not really straight its more like a roller coaster if you know what i mean, oh now i know what you mean of your post jordon412 i just answered it . but ince dcr came they leveled out the track and replace ties, replaced rail where it needs it now its so smooth ,they even did the upgrades on the switch yard the same way; but conrail never did that. we did hve a couple derailmeants through city derailed bunch of grain cars closed off roads for 3 days. the verdict was speeding was involved. so jodor412 i see your point you kind of jog my memory when that happened. i should of taken pictures buy i was in jr. high when i saw these derailments. its something you will never forget.

switchmen37

This thread is literally about reckless endangerment and murder but I get an infraction for asking if the OP is dumb. Meanwhile this trash remains on the forum. BRAVO MOD TEAM!

This thread is literally about reckless endangerment and murder but I get an infraction for asking if the OP is dumb. Meanwhile this trash remains on the forum. BRAVO MOD TEAM!

To quote Jamie Hynemann from Mythbusters: "Think before doing."

007007, feel free to ignore anything or anyone you don't like. And like Thumper said, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

hello forester1,

yeah, i agree 100% forester1, thanks for the reply.

the moderators should have close down that members account and ban him for ever post another answer.
i have not seen any disregard with any other members but him. you just dont go around telling other members dumb or stupid. he should be kicked out for saying that to me. and i will defend my self any way i can if iam right or wrong if iam wrong i will say so, but in this case i did not think this through i spoke before i think and alot of people do that but does not give any one right to say dumb or stupid on a thread or post. i will post another answer in the future.

switchmen37

Last edited:
007007, first thing, this post i have was getting member input on this. and i agree with forester1,

if you dont have anything good to say dont say it at all also get out of my thread now, bullies not welcome here in my thread. i told you that i will take it easy on you the first time but now since another post of bad judgment nice is finished with. and here i go again defending my spot and i will now on 007007. first off you could have respond a little differently but you didnt so i have to take matters into my own hands. is standing up what i believe to protect me from bullies like you. i can. if i dont do it now then someone else will try the same thing and iam not having that.

swtichmen37

switchmen37

Well you got your input after making a foolish post. you need to just leave it.

This stupid thread needs to stop coming back to the top so we can just forget already that this drivel is allowed here.

norfolksouthern i will try to end this ( sorry you all for takeing up valuable space on forums :(

would one of the moderators please delete this thread; it has no place in forums for that type of thread that i made.

input from a foolish post and answers is one thing dont mind that, but calling some member stupid or dumb has no say in my thread,.

oh yeah, if i can delete this post i will but dont know how. maybe i can get one of the moderators to do it what do you think how would i get in touch with one of them to delete this thread? yeah i think you are right norfolksouthern its time to move on.

switchmen37

Switchmen - best way to contact a mod and request a post you created to be deleted is to report your own thread by going to post #1 and clicking on the small triangle with the ! symbol. You'll then be greeted with a message box which you can put in your request and then submit the message and wait for a mod to take action.

Cheers

Back