Any GWR broad gauge routes?

STLSF4003

Anyone willing to help a yank out? ^^;

There's a ton of track and rolling stock available in that gauge, I just haven't found a route to run it on yet and I wouldn't know the first thing about building an accurate route for one either.

There's some very old routes from TS2004 on the DLS, but they aren't what you'd call historically accurate. About the best one is 'Turks Castle' by trackplate <KUID:129486:1803135>. However be warned that all he did was take the modern West Somerset line's track plan and convert it to Broad Gauge track. The GWR buildings he used were what was available at the time so aren't correct for late 19th century Somerset, but overall what he did wasn't too badly done all things considered.
I've been rebuilding the 'Turk's Castle' route to be historically correct, but it's a long slow project so don't hold your breath waiting for me to upload it.

<kuid:149790:100409> GWR - Tristyn is on the dls. I have it dowloaded but haven't tried it or the session yet.

There are also
<kuid:102457:100019> GWR England Railway Branch Layout (TANE) on the DLS.
<kuid:149790:1118> Gwladys Ddu (GWR) - version 2.8

There are also a few version 3.6 - 3.8 GWR routes, but I think these are for Mobile? Does anyone know if Mobile versions work in regular PC Trainz? I am thinking it depends on how code has to be changed for Android or IOS?

EDIT: I don't know that any of these are specifically Broad Gauge. I guess it is Caveat Emptor, but since they are free downloads it only costs time. :D

Last edited:
No those ones aren't Broad Gauge Forester. They are nice 20th century GWR layouts, but it would take a huge amount to work to properly convert them to Broad Gauge.

I don't know if you are into Trainz Model Railway format layouts or not, but I did build up an 'O' gauge Broad Gauge layout that's a lot of fun to operate. It's built for TS2012 3.7, but some folk have installed it into TANE and TS2019 without any real problems. It does look better in TS2012 though due to the later versions messing up the trees.

DWW MR O gauge 'Lynborough' Broad Gauge-FINAL V2 <kuid2:768291:12786:1>

EDIT: You will need to download the GWR footbridge kit from Steve Flanders's website http://www.jatws.org/ing4trainz/gwr-buildings.htm

YFbP1pR.jpg

FpVvSK5.jpg

Last edited:
No those ones aren't Broad Gauge Forester. They are nice 20th century GWR layouts, but it would take a huge amount to work to properly convert them to Broad Gauge.

I don't know if you are into Trainz Model Railway format layouts or not, but I did build up an 'O' gauge Broad Gauge layout that's a lot of fun to operate. It's built for TS2012 3.7, but some folk have installed it into TANE and TS2019 without any real problems. It does look better in TS2012 though due to the later versions messing up the trees.

DWW MR O gauge 'Lynborough' Broad Gauge-FINAL V2 <kuid2:768291:12786:1>

EDIT: You will need to download the GWR footbridge kit from Steve Flanders's website http://www.jatws.org/ing4trainz/gwr-buildings.htm

YFbP1pR.jpg

FpVvSK5.jpg
I'm not really a fan of model railroad type routes, but since there's not much else out there at the moment, I think I'll give your route a try.

Bit of a bump, but just wondered what range of GWR Broad Gauge locos and stock are available (on the DLS).
Looking for something a bit different to get my teeth into!

Bit of a bump, but just wondered what range of GWR Broad Gauge locos and stock are available (on the DLS).
Looking for something a bit different to get my teeth into!

Look for my stuff with BG in the name.

Cheerio John

I could do that as a temporary measure but we come back to the old chestnut of partial stuff on the DLS and then sending people on an external asset hunt! I always try and keep anything for eventual distribution to built in/N3V payware/DLS.

For Broad Gauge assets it's difficult to get past having to download from Steve Flanders's website since a high percentage of the Broad Gauge assets available for Trainz were made by him. Accessing Steve's website is not quite the same thing as having to hunt all over the internet for obscure Eastern European websites like some route creators expect Trainz folk to do.

Back