How Do I post in Freeware Announcements?

temp_acc11

I want to post a launch for a Freeware Item I have been working on, Yet the "Post new thread" Button does not show up. I Cannot reply as well. Could someone tell me what I'm missing?

Don't even bother, I've contacted them days ago about this and captcha for every post, no answer just an automatic answer. As if they want to torture new posters lol. Half my time on these boards is correcting the captcha I've entered.

The helpdesk is handled in-house by a small staff if not by a single person, mean Zec Murphy. Give them time and they will respond.

Just for kicks, have you tried clearing your browser data, meaning cookies and other cache information, and logging in again?

The helpdesk is handled in-house by a small staff if not by a single person, mean Zec Murphy. Give them time and they will respond.

Just for kicks, have you tried clearing your browser data, meaning cookies and other cache information, and logging in again?

Cool, yeah, I do that regularly, on 2 pc's. Can't post in many areas and every post I make I have to complete some ancient captcha thingy, done it about 500 times since coming to these boards lol.

I have never seen a captcha on these boards. Is that unique to Freeware Announcements?

This is what it looks like with Firefox...maybe it's a browser issue.

Everytime I post I must fill in the top captcha box:

Screenshot-2021-12-09-140106.jpg

And I get this message if I reply to a post in the freeware or other boards in there (There is not even a start topic button), I thought this was normal though, many forums have this, but yea....

Screenshot-2021-12-09-140238.jpg

It's a permissions thing and the issues has to be taken care of on the server. This has occurred a couple of times in the past.

Check to see that it says "Welcome, easywolf32" at the top right of the browser. Maybe you are not quite logged in?

Check to see that it says "Welcome, easywolf32" at the top right of the browser. Maybe you are not quite logged in?

I checked the top right of the browser and mine says " Go away" JimDep. I guess I'm logged in.

Anyway, I use Firefox and I've never had that happen either. I'm probably next. :eek:

Its probably the number of posts. Once you reach a certain number they no longer see you as possibly spam or a bot, so maybe they give you more permissions and get rid of the captchas.

Back