TRS19 Platinum menu in mixed languages

wmm1216

wB8totw.jpg
[/IMG]

The above mixed language menu appeared after:
1) a surprising request to re-enter my username and password, and
2) loading the routes Edinburgh and Sebino Lake to get missing KUIDs for other routes,
3) downloaded sessions 2-4 of the Stockton and Eastern route. That's when I noticed the menu change.

Not sure what is going on here or how to fix it.
Any ideas from anyone??

Thanks in advance!
- wmm1216

Last edited:
One possible fix is to learn Russian :D

Failing that, check the language setting in the Trainz Settings --> General tab.

Hello, I also downloaded Stockton Terminal and Eastern sessons 2-4 today but I certainly didn't get any russian in my menus. I trust you did the obvious quit and restart and also re-entering/re-setting your account name and password in the game. But why you'd have two languages in a menu is odd indeed. btw.. Sockton Terminal route is simply awesome.

But why you'd have two languages in a menu is odd indeed.

I have seen that before after installing a driver command which did not have an English username (or title) and English command options. However it is unlikely that the OP has unexpectedly installed that many Russian language only driver commands, so my best bet is that the Trainz Launcher language setting has somehow been changed.

I have a similar problem as to the original post. On one of my large layouts, when in "driver mode", the HUD in the top right hand part of the screen has changed to Russian. (just the top half of the HUD, not the bottom half).

I have no idea how this has happened. I'm wondering if I may have used a Russian .cdp (scenery, loco, rolling stock)??? in the layout that may have caused the change. Can anyone please tell me how I can change this HUD back to English.

I can"t find anything in either Tane or TS2019 about where you can change the language on the HUD. If somebody knows, could you let me know the path.

Many thanks, Cheers, Mac...

Something that might work:

Set the overall language to one different than the two you now have, close Trainz, then restart it. Go to the menu and change it back to English, close Trainz, and restart. This resets the internal language back to where it should be. The "General" tab of the Settings item on the splash screen is the language setting.

Bill

Something that might work:

Set the overall language to one different than the two you now have, close Trainz, then restart it. Go to the menu and change it back to English, close Trainz, and restart. This resets the internal language back to where it should be. The "General" tab of the Settings item on the splash screen is the language setting.

Bill

I thought I had actually done all you suggested but I guess I did not log out far enough. I tried it again and made sure I logged out completely, then went back in and all was as it should be, (whew):wave:

Back