SAP Passenger Stations

chili46

I have been reworking a version of Saginaw Sub. Recently I replaced all of the passenger stations with the following:

• SAP_Passenger_Station1_1T_PBR
  • SAP_Passenger_Station2_1T_PBR
  • SAP_Passenger_Station3_1T_PBR

None of these seem to be working. They do not load or unload passengers. I set all of them to Small Station, Double Peak, and various passenger levels. I always use the Drive To command and LM3D unload - load command at passenger stations and have never had a problem until I tried the SAP ones. I do recall that awhile back (a very long awhile back) someone suggested that we should use the Call At command for passenger stations. Tried that. No go. Same results. I even tried using the load/unload commands instead of LM3D to no avail.

Am I missing something in the configuration of the SAP stations or are they just plain broken. I kind of like the looks of these, but they could use a higher platform (and closer to the track). I can, and have, make my own so that's an option. I've used some of DES's Amtrak stations and really like those. Well done and they work.

Any suggestions?

TIA,
Chili

or they use a differnt passenger kuid than the passeger car you are using.

Last edited:
A nice tut was written by n3v here
to have trains and stations work with other products from the same product group

A nice tut was written by n3v here
to have trains and stations work with other products from the same product group

Thanks GM. I can always count on you for good answers. Not exactly what I wanted to hear, but I've modified many a config file in the past so this is not a difficult thing to do. Not something I would like to do, but then again, there are a lot of things I have to do anymore that I don't really like to do. :eek:

I have been reworking a version of Saginaw Sub. Recently I replaced all of the passenger stations with the following:

• SAP_Passenger_Station1_1T_PBR
  • SAP_Passenger_Station2_1T_PBR
  • SAP_Passenger_Station3_1T_PBR

None of these seem to be working. They do not load or unload passengers. I set all of them to Small Station, Double Peak, and various passenger levels. I always use the Drive To command and LM3D unload - load command at passenger stations and have never had a problem until I tried the SAP ones. I do recall that awhile back (a very long awhile back) someone suggested that we should use the Call At command for passenger stations. Tried that. No go. Same results. I even tried using the load/unload commands instead of LM3D to no avail.

Am I missing something in the configuration of the SAP stations or are they just plain broken. I kind of like the looks of these, but they could use a higher platform (and closer to the track). I can, and have, make my own so that's an option. I've used some of DES's Amtrak stations and really like those. Well done and they work.

Any suggestions?

TIA,
Chili

As my passenger station content items say: Uses my Passengers-SAP product.

This means you have to have that product installed in TRS19 and you have to configure the passenger car to use that product.

Have you done this? If not, things won't work.

PS: You are lucky I saw this. Normally folks post question in my dedicated support thread at: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?83363-Content-by-MSGSapper for questions like this on my content items.

Bob

As my passenger station content items say: Uses my Passengers-SAP product.

This means you have to have that product installed in TRS19 and you have to configure the passenger car to use that product.

Have you done this? If not, things won't work.

PS: You are lucky I saw this. Normally folks post question in my dedicated support thread at: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?83363-Content-by-MSGSapper for questions like this on my content items.

Bob

Thanks sarg. I see the reference in the description and I have it installed, but how do you use it? There's no references in Driver Setup or Driver Command. When I use the ? to configure a passenger car or one of your stations, there is no options referring to Passenger-SAP. Quite confusing to say the least.

Thanks sarg. I see the reference in the description and I have it installed, but how do you use it? There's no references in Driver Setup or Driver Command. When I use the ? to configure a passenger car or one of your stations, there is no options referring to Passenger-SAP. Quite confusing to say the least.

I ran a check on SAP_Passenger_Station1_1T_PBR in TRS19 and everything appears to be working fine with that station. Once you click on the "?" button for the station item are you then next clicking on the station track to get the popup dialog? See the following screenshot:

Passenger-Station-SS1.jpg

After that you need to configure the passenger car to handle the correct passenger product. First of all you have to click the "?" button for the rail car item and then next click on the car itself. Then you click on the "+" icon and add the "Passenger-SAP" product from the product list to the car and configure it. Adding a product to a passenger car is very similar to adding a product to a freight car. See the following screenshot:

Passenger-Station-SS2.jpg

Are you doing these things?

Bob

Got all that, except the passenger type, which doesn't seem to matter. It is working with Passengers 2012 just fine. Let me qualify. It is working on my test track. On a large Saginaw map is where I think I was having the problem. I'll go back to that map and change out one of the stations with yours and test again. Could be I was doing something wrong the other day - yeah, right, that never happens... NOT!

BTW, I got out of the Navy a couple of years after you went in. CTR1 (NSG). Thank you for your service (and the Trainz work too).

You also could add all the passenger kuids to your passenger cars in there config file so they always will load them. So you dont have to do it ever time you load a route.

You also could add all the passenger kuids to your passenger cars in there config file so they always will load them. So you dont have to do it ever time you load a route.

I've modified a config file or two, but that's the last thing I want to do - have a bunch of custom content for my Trainz. If I can get around making any drastic changes the better it would be.

Back