Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What are your favourite North American Freight routes for TS2019?

Blog Entries

UltraMegaRoute, or simply "UMR" is a favorite of mine for sure. It's absolutely huge and offers a great variety of switching and mainline operation. I'm convinced that it's impossible to cover every mile of that route. And there's a new version every year, so it's always being expanded. It can be grabbed from the DLS.

I also really love the payware Marias Pass Route X from HP-Trainz (hp-trainz.de). It was originally released for TS10/12, so it's a bit dated by TRS19 standards, but it's still a blast to run on. Mainlines through the mountains and prairies, plus a few branch lines for local and switching ops, and tons of active industries. The CFAC plant alone offers hours of fun if you like 24/7 switching operations.

There's also "GTW South East Michigan Lines" by Dericm on the DLS. I just picked it up the other day, so I haven't run on it much yet, but it's another big route with plenty of mainline and branch line action.

I love threads like these because they allow me to promote some of my favorite works by the community while learning about routes that somehow slipped under my radar.

Matt
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU, 3.7GHz
    PNY GTX 1070 GPU, 8GB GDDR5
    16 GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
    1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD + 4TB HDD

Haven't seen <kuid:73500:100013> Baltimore to Cumberland Mega Route mentioned yet, but that definitely has some freight potential! As does
    <kuid:73500:100153> Arkansas and Missouri Railway,
    <kuid2:101340:100287:1> Northern Pacific Billings and Laurel yards 1960 revised,
    <kuid:850934:100217> Port Tillamook RR TRS19 V2
    <kuid:526403:100547> Powder River Basin V2
    Have a*´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Wonderful day! *

Quote Originally Posted by philskene View Post
    wolf32 --

A route from left field. Not quite like the ones you listed or have been suggested in the posts above. Certainly freight focused. But more for fun. Actually one route in two different flavours:

Electrified:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...ctric-Railroad

Non-electric:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...de-Railroad-Co

All built-in or Download Station content. Not too many downloads either. Both have sessions which are more like puzzles than the conventional sessions for other routes by other authors.

I also have a number of model railroad layouts on the DLS which may or may not interest you. Again, the focus of all of them is on freight operations.

Phil
    Phil, thanks a lot. I checked some videos of yours on Youtube and learned quite a few tricks. Great stuff man. I'm not into model railroads atm but yours make me want to try them lol. I'm just stuck on American freight and huge railroad lines 1960's-present nothing else, maybe some vintage Amtrak passenger ones, like phase 2-3-4 dlc.
    Last edited by easywolf32; December 8th, 2021 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forester1 View Post
    Haven't seen <kuid:73500:100013> Baltimore to Cumberland Mega Route mentioned yet, but that definitely has some freight potential! As does
    <kuid:73500:100153> Arkansas and Missouri Railway,
    <kuid2:101340:100287:1> Northern Pacific Billings and Laurel yards 1960 revised,
    <kuid:850934:100217> Port Tillamook RR TRS19 V2
    <kuid:526403:100547> Powder River Basin V2
    Nice man, hey Forester, for the ones that say version Tane Sp2-3, will they work for Trainz2019?

Do you guys have a quicker way of knowing what dependencies or payware you will need before downloading a new route? Or do you grab them than check if any faults, updates, etc?
    Last edited by easywolf32; December 8th, 2021 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by epa View Post
    UltraMegaRoute, or simply "UMR" is a favorite of mine for sure. It's absolutely huge and offers a great variety of switching and mainline operation. I'm convinced that it's impossible to cover every mile of that route. And there's a new version every year, so it's always being expanded. It can be grabbed from the DLS.

I also really love the payware Marias Pass Route X from HP-Trainz (hp-trainz.de). It was originally released for TS10/12, so it's a bit dated by TRS19 standards, but it's still a blast to run on. Mainlines through the mountains and prairies, plus a few branch lines for local and switching ops, and tons of active industries. The CFAC plant alone offers hours of fun if you like 24/7 switching operations.

There's also "GTW South East Michigan Lines" by Dericm on the DLS. I just picked it up the other day, so I haven't run on it much yet, but it's another big route with plenty of mainline and branch line action.

I love threads like these because they allow me to promote some of my favorite works by the community while learning about routes that somehow slipped under my radar.

Matt
    Sounds great Matt, will check them out! Ran into a fault the last time I downloaded UMR2021, a local church asset, it would download than go into open for edit mode, I would close it and it would just uninstall itself lol.

Blog Entries

I almost forgot, escd84's NS Sandusky District is another great route for TRS19. It's on the DLS and well worth checking out.

Matt
    16 GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM

Anything T:ANE should run fine in 2019, although there have been some oddities crop up with the latest 2019 service packs. But most of them are known, such as derailing starts of sessions, floating assets, and others.
    If you set your CM to "Download Station" and double click each route, often the author will say in the description if it is all DLS, or if assets are needed from payware or other sites. You can also find forum threads for most of these routes where people post missing assets and get help finding them, so you can usually get links to third parties if necessary.
    Have a*´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Wonderful day! *

Quote Originally Posted by epa View Post
    I almost forgot, escd84's NS Sandusky District is another great route for TRS19. It's on the DLS and well worth checking out.

Matt

Yup, that def looks great. It says stage 2, is there a Stage 1 route that I need, or is that just the name? Maybe an elder Stage 1 in previous Trainz versions? Thanks.

I'm pretty much going to get every Trainz19 version route and session you guys mentioned in this thread, exactly what I was looking for. Will download them one by one to check if anything is faulty, etc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by easywolf32 View Post
    Yup, that def looks great. It says stage 2, is there a Stage 1 route that I need, or is that just the name? Maybe an elder Stage 1 in previous Trainz versions? Thanks.

I'm pretty much going to get every Trainz19 version route and session you guys mentioned in this thread, exactly what I was looking for. Will download them one by one to check if anything is faulty, etc.
    Stage 1 is the first version. I believe Stage 2 is an expanded version. I'd say get that one.

Matt
    16 GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM

Try this on the BNSF:Clovis to Lubbock route (by "maxwerks") listed previously in this thread....

On your computer fire up Google Street view. Have Trainz in NON windowed mode. Set Google Street view and game so you can easily toggle between to two windows. Now "Sync" the Clovis to Lubbock route location in game to google street view by finding a common spot where the highway runs along side of the railroad. Navigate thru game and Google, move by move, so you are comparing street view with the route. As stated, you need to be on a highway very close to the track. You will be amazed at how the Route represents the real thing.

I did this for a good while. In google Street view I passed a house that had one of those old giant satelite dishes in the front yead... Yep, in game there was the house WITH A GIANT OLD DISH! This is typical of the reality of Clovis to Lubbock. It is amazing.
    Last edited by 1611mac; December 9th, 2021 at 06:27 AM.
    22+ beta 116069; 19+ SP5 beta 116009; 19-Std SP3; Tane
    Win10, GTX1060-6, 1TB SSD(C), 2TB SSD(D)
    Mac M1 Mini, Big Sur - 19+

Cool! It says it's for version Tane SP2/3, I have a Steam version of TRS19 so I just click on show only TS19 content in the download station going forward because I had a ton of issues downloading elder routes from Tane and just finished a 3 day reinstall. So just want to be more careful this time. Also, I don't use google anymore and noticed I can't download anything from the download station but I can get them from within the game's downloader.

May I ask you something, when I download from within the game, it first says retrieving kuids at first, than downloading than installing. Sometimes they install after a few seconds or minutes, but some seem to get stuck in the installing or downloading process for 15-30 minutes and than I just close the whole game thinking it's a glitch or something. Have you ever encountered this "issue" or is it just me being impatient? Should I let it complete the install even if it takes say 12 hours?

Thanks Mac.

I'm not sure what you are addressing... I don't use the Steam version so I don't know about Steam and steam procedures.

Not sure what you mean "when I download from within the game." There is freeware on CM (Content Manager) and Payware in Content Store (or download window depending on version you have.) Download times, processes vary greatly depending on many factors.

You should consider making a signature stating what "version" game you have. I assume you have "standard" but perhaps not as my timeline doesn't say Platinum yet I have all those featues because I'm on Plus. The more info you give people as to your specifics (like "build" number) and whether you have Plus the better people can assist.

You also say "It says it's for version Tane SP2/3." Are you referring to the Clovis route I mentioned? It runs fine in '19. You may have some missing assets but you need to remember that a missing asset may be a car, a person sitting on bench, a bush, or who knows what. And who's going to miss that?

As far as that goes, you can buy Tane for $6.99 and run all those Tane routes in Tane, as many sessions fail in '19.

Hope this info help....

When you log into the game, don't you ever click on routes/download station/ and do a search for a specific route like umr2021?

When you start downloading it, doesn't the asset downloader open up?

That's all I'm talking about, nothing to do with steam, we probably have the exact same game and layout.

Here, check it out:

Last edited by easywolf32; December 9th, 2021 at 12:46 PM.

When it says "installing" the file is downloaded and it's working on installing that downloaded file. URM2021 is a HUGE route and it will take a long while. Note that the file is 2gb. For '19 to install that file it's going to take some time.

Note that you appear to have '19 Standard. I have Plus which has a different way of installing DLC ("Content Store"). And I still don't understand why UMR2021 shows in your DLC window as it's not Payware. Wondering if this has something to do with your being on Steam platform. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
    When it says "installing" the file is downloaded and it's working on installing that downloaded file. URM2021 is a HUGE route and it will take a long while. Note that the file is 2gb. For '19 to install that file it's going to take some time.

Note that you appear to have '19 Standard. I have Plus which has a different way of installing DLC ("Content Store"). And I still don't understand why UMR2021 shows in your DLC window as it's not Payware. Wondering if this has something to do with your being on Steam platform. Anyone?
    Oh ok so yours really is different..This UMR2021 is 2gb but the download and installation went well. Some other smaller files tend to sometimes freeze up though.