What are your favourite North American Freight routes for TS2019?

easywolf32

Looking for some modern looking ones. So far loving:

- Coal Country
- Midwestern Branch
- Lafond Regional Rail
- Legacy of the Burlington Northern II
- Canadian Rocky Mountains Baker Crk to West of Calgary
- Beavermouth to Ottertail
- Mojave Sub Division
- Fall Harvest Nebraska
- Leadville Subdivision (Excellent map!!!, wish it had a scenario/session or 2)
- Lone Pine Breach (Haven't tried it yet, looks great though)

Loving all the Canadian Rocky Mountains maps (Although some have really old looking graphics - trees mostly), especially the post 2020 ones, only thing I don't really like in some sessions, are some older CP Loco models that kind of look plasticky, is there anyway I can permanently replace them with some awesome CP Loco models I see when I am adding/editing trains on a route?

If you guys know other nice looking North American freight maps with a session or two in the download station please let me know, thank you.

Last edited:
You can clone the sessions, replace the locomotives, and reassign the engineers to the new locomotives by editing the rules and setup in edit Driver session.

Leadville Sub does have sessions but only on the DLS. Here is the list of sessions for the route:
kuid:605579:102152 LSD: Aurora Duties
kuid:605579:102153 LSD: Grain Train
kuid:605579:102155 LSD: Log Runner
kuid:605579:102154 LSD: String of Trailers
kuid:605579:102156 LSD: Westbound Intermodal
kuid:605579:102594 LSD: To Mallstown - Part 1

Cheers

Hi there, you mean one like this one correct?:

LSD: Aurora Duties - hiawathamr
20th March 2021

Description
Please note this session require Trainz DLC Leadville Sub in order to play.

--Session Description--
Preform switching duties while serving the industries at Aurora.Type: Session | Version: TRS19 | KUID: <KUID:605579:102152> | Filesize: 660.28 kb | File Type: .cdp | Downloads: 362

I also found the jointedrail site, some real nice ones there also.

There's no way I'd know how to edit rules, unless I found some really well written simpleton type of instructions somewhere.

Last edited:
Hi there, you mean one like this one correct?:

LSD: Aurora Duties - hiawathamr
20th March 2021

Description
Please note this session require Trainz DLC Leadville Sub in order to play.

--Session Description--
Preform switching duties while serving the industries at Aurora.Type: Session | Version: TRS19 | KUID: <KUID:605579:102152> | Filesize: 660.28 kb | File Type: .cdp | Downloads: 362

I also found the jointedrail site, some real nice ones there also.

There's no way I'd know how to edit rules, unless I found some really well written simpleton type of instructions somewhere.

Yes sessions with the LSD: in the name are for Leadville Sub Division route.

Cheers

Corpus Christi Terminal, Crawford NE, Cumberland to Connellsville, and Proto Clinchfield.
i like the Mojave(TPR) but it is broken. i am presently working on it trying to get trains from one end to the other.
ejb

easywolf32, I believe you should be able to access that forum. Perhaps notify the help desk? I don't think any special permissions are required other than having a registered TRAINZ, but I could be mistaken.

EDIT: FDL Fon Du Lac for TANE is also out there, which should run fine in 2019. RHK has just posted two new sessions for it.

Last edited:
Corpus Christi Terminal, Crawford NE, Cumberland to Connellsville, and Proto Clinchfield.
i like the Mojave(TPR) but it is broken. i am presently working on it trying to get trains from one end to the other.
ejb

Nice man thanks, in the process of getting all these ones too.

PS> Will I be ok if I only have Trainz19 platinum and some dlc installed? I don't have anything Tane installed.

Last edited:
wolf32 --

A route from left field. Not quite like the ones you listed or have been suggested in the posts above. Certainly freight focused. But more for fun. Actually one route in two different flavours:

Electrified:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...w-TRS19-route-The-Rivercide-Electric-Railroad

Non-electric:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?157492-Newish-TRS19-route-The-Rivercide-Railroad-Co

All built-in or Download Station content. Not too many downloads either. Both have sessions which are more like puzzles than the conventional sessions for other routes by other authors.

I also have a number of model railroad layouts on the DLS which may or may not interest you. Again, the focus of all of them is on freight operations.

Phil

UltraMegaRoute, or simply "UMR" is a favorite of mine for sure. It's absolutely huge and offers a great variety of switching and mainline operation. I'm convinced that it's impossible to cover every mile of that route. And there's a new version every year, so it's always being expanded. It can be grabbed from the DLS.

I also really love the payware Marias Pass Route X from HP-Trainz (hp-trainz.de). It was originally released for TS10/12, so it's a bit dated by TRS19 standards, but it's still a blast to run on. Mainlines through the mountains and prairies, plus a few branch lines for local and switching ops, and tons of active industries. The CFAC plant alone offers hours of fun if you like 24/7 switching operations.

There's also "GTW South East Michigan Lines" by Dericm on the DLS. I just picked it up the other day, so I haven't run on it much yet, but it's another big route with plenty of mainline and branch line action.

I love threads like these because they allow me to promote some of my favorite works by the community while learning about routes that somehow slipped under my radar.

Matt

Haven't seen <kuid:73500:100013> Baltimore to Cumberland Mega Route mentioned yet, but that definitely has some freight potential! As does
<kuid:73500:100153> Arkansas and Missouri Railway,
<kuid2:101340:100287:1> Northern Pacific Billings and Laurel yards 1960 revised,
<kuid:850934:100217> Port Tillamook RR TRS19 V2
<kuid:526403:100547> Powder River Basin V2

wolf32 --

A route from left field. Not quite like the ones you listed or have been suggested in the posts above. Certainly freight focused. But more for fun. Actually one route in two different flavours:

Electrified:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...w-TRS19-route-The-Rivercide-Electric-Railroad

Non-electric:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?157492-Newish-TRS19-route-The-Rivercide-Railroad-Co

All built-in or Download Station content. Not too many downloads either. Both have sessions which are more like puzzles than the conventional sessions for other routes by other authors.

I also have a number of model railroad layouts on the DLS which may or may not interest you. Again, the focus of all of them is on freight operations.

Phil

Phil, thanks a lot. I checked some videos of yours on Youtube and learned quite a few tricks. Great stuff man. I'm not into model railroads atm but yours make me want to try them lol. I'm just stuck on American freight and huge railroad lines 1960's-present nothing else, maybe some vintage Amtrak passenger ones, like phase 2-3-4 dlc.

Last edited:
Haven't seen <kuid:73500:100013> Baltimore to Cumberland Mega Route mentioned yet, but that definitely has some freight potential! As does
<kuid:73500:100153> Arkansas and Missouri Railway,
<kuid2:101340:100287:1> Northern Pacific Billings and Laurel yards 1960 revised,
<kuid:850934:100217> Port Tillamook RR TRS19 V2
<kuid:526403:100547> Powder River Basin V2

Nice man, hey Forester, for the ones that say version Tane Sp2-3, will they work for Trainz2019?

Do you guys have a quicker way of knowing what dependencies or payware you will need before downloading a new route? Or do you grab them than check if any faults, updates, etc?

Last edited:
UltraMegaRoute, or simply "UMR" is a favorite of mine for sure. It's absolutely huge and offers a great variety of switching and mainline operation. I'm convinced that it's impossible to cover every mile of that route. And there's a new version every year, so it's always being expanded. It can be grabbed from the DLS.

I also really love the payware Marias Pass Route X from HP-Trainz (hp-trainz.de). It was originally released for TS10/12, so it's a bit dated by TRS19 standards, but it's still a blast to run on. Mainlines through the mountains and prairies, plus a few branch lines for local and switching ops, and tons of active industries. The CFAC plant alone offers hours of fun if you like 24/7 switching operations.

There's also "GTW South East Michigan Lines" by Dericm on the DLS. I just picked it up the other day, so I haven't run on it much yet, but it's another big route with plenty of mainline and branch line action.

I love threads like these because they allow me to promote some of my favorite works by the community while learning about routes that somehow slipped under my radar.

Matt

Sounds great Matt, will check them out! Ran into a fault the last time I downloaded UMR2021, a local church asset, it would download than go into open for edit mode, I would close it and it would just uninstall itself lol.

Back