Underground Water?

Little_Boy921

Route Building Rocks
Okay before you ask let me explain. So Im messing around with a route I've been building when, messing with the terrain height, I noticed what I thought was water I thought I accidentally placed by accident. However, instead of it being blue it was black and it turns it it wasn't water because I couldn't delete. And after messing with the heights of the terrain more, I realized it wasn't just that one area. You lower the terrain height of anything elevated, you'll uncover this block globs which remind of oil. I've eventually called them underground water as it does look a lot like the water texture. Here's some pics
Underground-Water%3F-The-Sequel.jpg

I-dont-even-know-what-to-call-this.jpg

Im kind of at a loss as to what this is as this has never happened before. Anyone else experienced this?
view_media_post

view_media_post

I had this one a route someone else made that I was making changes to. The original creator had just raised the ground up around it to hide it... probably something you can't do in the bottom picture. What I did to fix it, was to copy an area of ground from somewhere else near by and paste it over top of the water.

peter

I had this one a route someone else made that I was making changes to. The original creator had just raised the ground up around it to hide it... probably something you can't do in the bottom picture. What I did to fix it, was to copy an area of ground from somewhere else near by and paste it over top of the water.

peter

That actually worked 0_0 I gotta say this is one of stranger bugs(?) I've experienced in this game? Do you know what this stuff actually is called?

I'd be placing a few oil rigs there young fella.
Seriously, what build version are you using? Your issue is suspiciously akin to the new way of using water on a route.

If you don't want water at all you could delete the water layer (with S2.0). Otherwise under the Tools when you are manipulating the water, set height to height-down and you can delete the water where you don't need it. In the S2.0 water has the same treatment than the ground.

See the First Look video here about 1 hour 10 minute mark for "first look" at water... it may help..

I have it queued up at close to proper start point using this link: https://youtu.be/8RIdYfcdXfc?t=4228

Sorry for the late reply. Watched the video and I think I might know what happened. While messing with the route environment, I think found a button that said "upgrade water to effect layer" which might be the cause of these "oil mounds"

Back