Thread: info wanted

Default info wanted

Hello,

It has been several years since I last used anything to do with Trainz, and as I am about to get a new computer I am currently looking restarting with the 2022 version.
    My previous version (2012 if I recall correctly) was on a DVD/CD but since that time I have gone onto a linux based machine but am planning a dual boot (Window's/linux) on the new computer that's in the works, there has also been a growing tendency for software etc. to go on the cloud.
    As the recent promotion says 2022 will be able to be kept, does this refer to the software being on a disk and not in cyberspace (cloud)?

Thanks

To dualboot windows/Linux you MUST install windows first, at least that’s what I’ve been told.

TRS22 will be the first Trainz game that will not have a disc release.

The reference was in regard to the fact that N3V now has subscription plans (Gold, Silver, Plus). Normally, If you use a subscription plan and pay monthly or yearly your software goes away when you "quit" the plan. So the "keep your software" is a perk. They are saying if you pay for a years subscription you "keep" the software (available as a download on your MyTrainz account) even if you quit the subscription program.
    22+ beta 116243; 19+ SP5 beta 116210; 19-Std SP3; Tane
    Win10, GTX1060-6, 1TB SSD(C), 2TB SSD(D)
    Mac M1 Mini, Big Sur - 19+