Surveyor 2.0 and what am I doing wrong?

jeff1959

I have copied the yard from one route to the scrapbook. When I clone that into a different route, I have crashing problems. It pastes the scrapbook contents just fine. When I attempt to move the yard, boom...the whole thing crashes to desktop. When I paste it, I need to rotate it about 135 degrees. So, I click on the circle thingy to rotate. It crashes. So, let's try this again. Instead of rotating, I try moving it. It crashes again. It crashes almost as fast as a 16 year old boy in a muscle car.

I have read the instructions (yeah, I know...a guy reading instructions?). Is this a known bug? I am sure someone out there has had this happen. I could not find anything about this.

Could someone help me solve my dilemma? I'd rather not have to relay the track, put in all the little details I am trying to copy.

Hi Jeff - please create a .cdp of your yard asset (select it in Content Manager > Create .cdp) and send it in to helpdesk and we'll take a look.

Hi Jeff - please create a .cdp of your yard asset (select it in Content Manager > Create .cdp) and send it in to helpdesk and we'll take a look.

I am not quite sure how to create a .cdp for something that is a collection of assets. However, I discovered that in the "Info" section, I can change Position and Rotation of the item. It took some trial and error, but I was able to turn the yard and move it to where I wanted it to be.

I just didn't experiment or look around enough to find what needed to be done. It all still feels rather clumsy still, but so was Surveyor 1 at the beginning of time.

Thanks for taking the time to reach out. For all the griping people do, you definitely are trying to help us out.

If you do have a reproduceable crash, we'd still like to see the route.
Just select multiple assets then r-click > export to .cdp.

Back