Update to 115653

Hi Guy's, after updating to 115 653 of trs 2019, i must say some one in the dev team has been sleeping?
The baseboards are green, the wire frame is hardly visible? Who thought of that as a major upgrade??? Or do i really need new glasses? (i dont wear glasses yet)
Has anyone the same complaint?

Actually, 115653 a "cross" between 19 and 22. I have Plus... My copy of 115653 only has Surveyor Classic option but creating a new route does put green texture on the board and I see no way to switch to "grid" option as is provided in S20 in 22. My wireframe looks normal.

But I could be missing something as I've been using and focusing on S22 beta....

Last edited:
Actually, it's a "cross" between 19 and 22. My copy of 115653 only has Surveyor Classic option but creating a new route does put green texture on the board and I see no way to switch to "grid" option as is provided in 22. My wireframe looks normal.

I see the the option wire frame in the drop down menus, and i see grid lines, but they are hardly visible. much to light and not like it used to be, clear and good to work with.. I wonder if i am the only one who find this very annoying and hardly workable?

I see the the option wire frame in the drop down menus, and i see grid lines, but they are hardly visible. much to light and not like it used to be, clear and good to work with.. I wonder if i am the only one who find this very annoying and hardly workable?

As I said.. I think this is due to being a "cross-over" between 19 and 22.. It's supposed to be 19, but it's a v5 build so it's a "cross over" release and very un-common. (I would expect this to all be worked out for the final SP5. Meanwhile, I'd submit a bug report for both items (green texture on board and your wireframe)

Last edited:
Was already looking for the link for a bug report, do you have the link for me? Was searching but couldn't find it? Thx for answering anyway!

From the Surveyor 2.0 guide at https://docs.trainzsimulator.com/docs/creating-a-new-route

What's Changed?

The first thing you'll notice is that the ground is now textured by default. Each Region can have it's own default texture. This means you don't have to spend time filling each grid and if you do have any missing or untextured areas, they are less conspicuous.

You can switch to Grid or Wireframe mode at any time in the Display Menu:

The Display > Ground menu has three options:
  • Textured ---> as the green texture
  • Transparent ---> as the wireframe
  • Grid ---> as the original grid patterm

The default texture for a region can be the original grid pattern, which is a texture.

-- Open Windows File Explorer and browse to where your data is located. For most installs, this folder is located in C:\Users\<your login name>\Appdata\Local\N3V Games\trs19\.

The folder is named build-something. (The something is some sequence of letters and numbers).

-- Write down the name of the folder with the recent date on it, in case you have others in there.

If you still have the original TRS2019 download, you can reinstall that again directly, if not, you'll have to download TRS2019 from your My Trainz account.

Let the installer do its thing and even setup its own new data folder.

Once done, at the Launcher, click on Trainz settings.

-- Click on Install tab.
-- Click on the ... on the right side of the data path.
-- Browse to the data folder that belongs to your currently broken install, the one you wrote down
-- Click on the folder.
-- Click on Select.

TRS2019 will do a update translation-tables and will want to restart.

Once restarted, a DBR will run. This can take some time, depending upon how much data you have. If it runs really quickly, I'd be suspicious and check that the proper path was selected.

Back