too large for a CDP

martinvk

since 10 Aug 2002
The received wisdom is to always save a route as a CDP, before doing any thing major, just in case something bad happens and you need to restore it. What to do if it doesn't fit?
In TRS19 114800, I got this error message: "Folder contents are too large for:... " when I tried to save my 3573 MB route file to a CDP. Any suggestions on how to make a backup?

Last edited:
The workaround I use Martin, is open the route in explorer in Content Manger. Copy all the files from within the open window into a new folder on your desktop or wherever you wish to save the route . A bit labour intensive and fiddly but it works. I have found that i have to do this for routes over 1 GB. I then save the folder to my chosen destination folder or storage area.

Thanks, I guess this is a limitation of the CDP file. I suppose 20 years ago they never thought people would be creating such huge routes.

cdp still not fixed on more than 4GB, actually 2GB I think right now. Use explorer like bolivar said.

Perhaps save your route and sessions separately. Use NTFS in preference to FAT32 which has a 4GB file size limitation. Peter

Back