Environment settings not updating in driver?

kaw4014

I'm working on a small single track route and I've been trying to change the environment settings in surveyor but it wont update in driver. In driver it always seems to go to the same thing; the sun in the North West and the shadows on the wrong side of the tracks, no matter what I change the time to in surveyor. I'll move the shadows to the other side of the tracks in surveyor and the sun stays in the North West, which is not where I want it. I've gotten to the point where in surveyor I turned the time to midnight and in surveyor it's still daylight with sun in the North West. Is there a way to make it update?

TRS19, base-version, works like all the previous versions of Trainz. In these versions, you essentially had two disparate but related entities that were connected via single common thread. The workflow consists of creating the route in Surveyor where tracks and track marks are placed, industries named, etc., and some operation settings set for specific assets. Once the route is setup, a Driver-session is created. In this session, you configure your train consists, assign AI drivers, and setup industries among other things. This was the setup that worked forever, but there's now a slight variation. In the olden days, the environment could be set during the route-creation, but in TRS19 this changed so that now the environment needs to be set when the session is created.

So, what you need to do is setup your environment by clicking on the route in the main menu, under Driver/Surveyor, then clicking on View Sessions.

If you are to run a quick-drive operation, you'll have the same as you have setup in Surveyor, so if you want to run a full operating session, you need to go to the menu first then choose your session there.

Back