Questions About Unwanted Date/Season Change

maxwerks

Hi All-

I recently started a new route by opening an old one, selecting "Save As" and saving it with a different name. The plan is to expand on the original route -- something I've done many times before.

The original route had a world origin and date that were saved along with the new route. The date was set for early May.

The problem is, whenever I made changes to the route and default session and saved them, seasonal assets such as trees and ground textures would change from their spring/summer appearance to fall, even though the date in the Edit Environment window stayed set at early May. If I changed the date to another and then back to the original May date, the seasonal assets would change back to spring/summer, but they would change back to fall again the next time I saved the route and session.

I tried saving just the route without saving the default session, but that didn't seem to help. Neither did resetting the world origin. The problem kept occurring.

I've simply deleted the world origin for now, and that seems to have eliminated the problem.

I'm running build 114800, and this didn't happen with SP3 routes. I'm not sure SP4 is the problem, but it's hard to ignore the correlation.

Does anyone know if (a) there's a solution to the unwanted season change and/or (b) if not having a specific world origin might create other problems?

Thanks,

Max (maxwerks)

It's a bug and has been confirmed and passed on by the QA Team.

Before you exit a route, after saving, go into your environment settings and set the date to a day before or after the day you want so the trees turn green.

This is a workaround I found for this right now until the bug is fixed.

Thanks, John! I'll give that a try.

It's a bug and has been confirmed and passed on by the QA Team.

Before you exit a route, after saving, go into your environment settings and set the date to a day before or after the day you want so the trees turn green.

This is a workaround I found for this right now until the bug is fixed.

Back