silly question? Stars

Pilot107

Some routes offer stars for doing things right. But repeating the same route / session does not add to total, OK, I see that. If I play simple controls one then realistic will those points add up.

Bottom Line,

66 year old, who loves the simulator when my back hurts. Or two wet cold outside..

I think very very few people actually "play" the sessions as a game to get points or stars. In fact, I wonder how many people even run supplied sessions. I think most people setup their own sessions and do their own thing.

Some routes offer stars for doing things right. But repeating the same route / session does not add to total, OK, I see that. If I play simple controls one then realistic will those points add up.

Bottom Line,

66 year old, who loves the simulator when my back hurts. Or two wet cold outside..

Star Points only accumulate while the session lives, restarting the session will reset the points to zero. It is a Trainz HTML Style and starts over/resets when the session is started, or more accuratly when the HTML page is first loaded. The creator of the route would need to save the point value, something like the tutorials, in order to retain the points, and I have not seen it yet, but would love to know how.

I play existing sessions for the stars, although sometimes they can be exasperatingly difficult! But I feel like I learn something with each one, even if it is the impression that the session creator has OCD. :hehe:

I, for one, have never bothered with the "star rating". I notice them on some sessions but pay no attention to them, likewise the points.

But it is annoying when you "crash out" of a session because your points have dropped to zero. After all, who doesn't enjoy ignoring the speed limit or skipping stops?

Back