Edit Issue with 2019 and 2022

jjeff1955

There is a new Bug that has come up in the 2019 & the 2022.:eek:

Using the Surveyor Classic Tools I no longer can Delete a Spline point for the Roads and Tracks at the edge of my Map.
This would be a very difficult Bug to report as it is at certain areas of the Map that the edits no longer work.

Example-
I needed to delete some Spline point for the Roads, Track, Telephone Poles the X Delete no longer works, I can move the Road and Tracks around but no delete option, only the CTRL+Z will remove them if recently placed.
The odd thing is the edits do work just a few meters away from the affected areas.

The Ground smoother and straighten is also non functional in those same areas.
This issue has come up with the latest Updates for the 2019 and the 2022.
Cheers.

I have TRS19 Platinum SP4 on one PC, and can't duplicate the problem.

I have had other problems that were simular and found that these were the issues.

• Right click desktop and choose Display Settings and make sure Scale and Layout are set to 100%
  • Under Mouse Pointer settings use the smalest size and default pointer

Don't ask me why, but these settings really confuse Surveyor

I just installed TRS22 Plus Beta and can't comment on that one yet.

I have TRS19 Platinum SP4 on one PC, and can't duplicate the problem.

I have had other problems that were simular and found that these were the issues.

• Right click desktop and choose Display Settings and make sure Scale and Layout are set to 100%
  • Under Mouse Pointer settings use the smalest size and default pointer

Don't ask me why, but these settings really confuse Surveyor

I just installed TRS22 Plus Beta and can't comment on that one yet.

That sounds like a screen resolution or scaling issue to me. The pointer appears to be on the object but it's not pointing at the object and is instead pointing to somewhere else nearby. I will say that this is definitely a bug because there are those of us who are sight-impaired and need special scaling and resolutions in order to see the screen.

Thanks for the replies.
Yes everything is correct with the Scaling and Resolution settings.
This issue is very weird indeed, as it just started happening after the last Beta updates for the 2019 & 2022.

I tried looking straight down at the Spline and the pointer right on top of it and the issue still exits.
What is strange it only happens toward the edge of the Map. I tried a test Map and the issue is not happening there, just in my Custom Map.

Update.
I have found that a huge part of my Map is affected with this issue, not only at the Map edges but Miles of road leading into the middle of the Map is also non editable.

My Discord friend Lewis65 tested my map and also had the same issues in the latest 2019 update. This issue is not happening in the earlier versions of the 2019.
At the present time I no longer can edit my Map, until someone else has this issue and a Bug report can be made.

I would try and do a bug report myself, but I do not know how to describe this issue as it seems to be my Custom Map only that is affected.
If someone would let me stream this issue to them on Discord the problem can be shown very easily.

Send a Trainz Bug Report here. Upload your route to a hosting service and include a link to the route.

It does sound like your route may be corrupted, but we'll take a look.

Thank You Tony for your suggested help.
I deeply appreciate you, and all of the Trainz members for trying to help me.

I have found a solution to this issue, and it will be tough to explain, but I will try.:eek:

It seems that the Layer System is bugged, The Roads & Tracks that are added in that area of the Map will not delete or edit, they only can be moved around. and the height can be moved up and down.
No- X delete, Straighten, edit spline points functions are not working do to being stuck in another layer.
Unhide that layer, and then all is good for edits.

The layer System states that these assets are in the route layer and that is a false report in the layer menu.
I can unhide another layer called Drivable Track that is on top of the Roads and I can then edit all options for those assets.

The Lock layer has no affect, it is the Hide layer that is bugged.
I tested in the earlier version of 2019 and the layer system is ok.

I am so very happy that it was not a serious issue, and there was a work around.:)
The Dev's need to take a closer look at the Layer system, maybe they can find the issues, but for now I can still work with my Map.
I most likely could merge that layer with the issues and get the Track and roads back into the Route layer.
I was never angry with this issue, just trying not to loose my last 2 weeks work in my Map.
I will attempt to try, and do a bug report, but sending the Map will confuse them as it did me,
it is very large in size and over 2,000 assets attached to it.

Jon,

I think I know what's happening here.

Your drive-able track is in the way of the road splines. Sometimes you can grab the spline point, thus move it, but deleting is difficult. This becomes more of an issue if the spline points overlap, meaning road splines lineup right on top of the track, or nearly on top, but that's not always the case and it's all about the angle and clicking the road or track just right. This is an issue I ran into ages ago when I placed tracks on a road to create a street running area on my route. I deleted the road by moving the track spline a smidge off the track spline.

Thank You John for that possible issue.
That is not what is causing this problem. as I had moved all of the Road Track Splines away from the main Roads.
The Road track is not the same as the Roads, it is a drivable Track from the Track selection, a different type of Spline than the Roads.

In the layers (Route Layer selected).
If I go to Roads, or track and Stretch out a new Piece of Road. or Track in that area and it becomes permanent with no Delete, straighten, or add Spline points options. The only way to to delete that asset is to Ctrl+Z to get rid of it, the only option that will delete it, is the undue.

But if I unhide the Layer Road Track then select the Route Layer the area becomes editable again.
I tried resetting the Layers to default and they still do not function as they did in the back versions of TRS19 and 22.
It is a Broken Layer System with the latest updates for 2019, 2022,
I can not reproduce this in any other Maps. or Test maps. Seems to be my Custom Map related issues from the recent Trainz+ Updates.

John if you get the time I can stream this issue on Discord for you to see and you would know exactly what I am having issues with.
Cheers!

Update
I was able to reproduce this issue in a small 1 Square Test Map, got it sent up to the Bug Report.
Was easy reproduce. I am very happy that it was not my Custom Map that was causing this issue.
Thank You Trainz team for your replies and support.
I do not know what I would do without your help.
Cheers!

I just stumble by accident on your post.

definetly is the layer system not working properly as usual.

I had the system problem layers hide unhide or assets "moved' to another layer which i had many times in 2019 and I for sure did not movedd anything.
The layer for me is the weakest spot in the whole syystem and not work properly.
Takes most of my repair times on any given route to keep it sort of in working order.

So unhide all layers and doublecheck if the asset is still on the layer you put them on.

Thanks RoysTrainz for the reply.
Yes, you are correct about that Layer System being Bugged. maybe it will get patched now, since I got a decently explained Bug report into them.
I was very worried that it was my Custom Map, it took me a while to figure out that it was not my Map after all.
The strange thing is that I had never run across this Layer issue in the past version of Trainz as you had said, guess I was luck not to have the issues.
Cheers.

PLEASE NOTE: Locking or hiding a layer does not make assets immune from all actions. For example, raising the terrain will raise the ground under items in a locked or hidden layer. To prevent this, lock the route layer (which prevents all ground changes).

Also things do not move layers unless they are told to move (i.e. something happened that caused them to move). You need to figure out what happened to cause this.

That said, there is a known issue in your current build with selection and hidden layers and it is quite possible other bugs exist as well. (So currently hidden items can be selected and copied which is a bug, and that selection can interfere with other selection and shouldn't).

Please check this page of the documentation and if you identify any bugs please let me know. Also note that a bug report isn't "this happens sometimes". We need to know when it works and when it doesn't and what the differences are between the two.

https://docs.trainzsimulator.com/docs/using-the-layers-palette

Last edited:
Hello Tony, it had nothing to do with the Lock Layers Options, it is the Hide layers that is causing these issues.
I did a Test map and the same issues came up with the hide layer option.
Luckily it was not my Map that was corrupted, easy to reproduce in a new Map.
I got the Bug report in, and got a response saying that they were aware of the issues and would be patched in the next updates.
Cheers.

Back