Phishing email?

ColPrice2002

I'm subscribed to the newsletter and receive the emails from N3V, but this morning I received one from "Trainz", with a lot of Outlook formatting/layout text at the beginning. Then it had the 20th Anniversary pictures and links.

Anyone know if this is genuine? - or is it a naughty email?

Thanks,

Colin

Probably Phishing.

Hover your mouse over the links (don't click) and look at the bottom left of your screen.
In firefox you can see the address that the link points to, if dodgy mark as spam, then empty your spam folder.

Cheers.
Graham

Probably a genuine email that got "garbled in transmission". I also received the regular email with the 20th Anniversary pictures and links.

Thanks all,

I've just opened the email on the PC - this morning I was using the tablet - both have Spam/virus checkers, but the tablet is more limited.

It's a genuine email from "Trainz <newsletters@trainzportal.com>" - and in outlook it's perfectly formatted - not in GMail....
All the links check out - non blocked, so it's all good.

Thanks again,

Colin

I must say I thought the 20th Anniversary announcement was underwhelming. No nice anniversary loco or consist or anything, just options on how to buy.

I must say I thought the 20th Anniversary announcement was underwhelming. No nice anniversary loco or consist or anything, just options on how to buy.

More happy that more resources are going into to make TS19 SP5 and TS22 much better. Then diverting them for gimmick content that people would complain about anyways.

True that, I suppose. Still underwhelmed with 20th anniversary purchase options, but it is what it is.

Back