Reminder - Check Build Number on DLC Routes - 5.0 Routes now exist!

1611mac

- - . -
I thought I had an issue. In my TS22 beta install I downloaded DLC Route "West From Denver" by Jaco. I did some checking on fps and wanted to compare to TRS19 SP5 beta. The route had installed in TS22 with no errors. But in TS19 SP5 beta I had 7 Auran assets that showed "Unknown Location" in the Sessions.

Then it occured to me! The "West From Denver" route is Build Version 5.0. The 7 problem assets are "Built-in" to TS22.

Thus... a Reminder: When installing routes check the Build Version. At least one 5.0 route is here!

Tony/N3V - Non-compatible routes should not show in "in game" store? Correct? This does show in the '19 "cross over" 5.0 builds but assets have the "Unknown Location."

Last edited:
I thought I had an issue. In my TS22 beta install I downloaded DLC Route "West From Denver" by Jaco. I did some checking on fps and wanted to compare to TRS19 SP5 beta. The route had installed in TS22 with no errors. But in TS19 SP5 beta I had 7 Auran assets that showed "Unknown Location" in the Sessions.

Then it occured to me! The "West From Denver" route is Build Version 5.0. The 7 problem assets are "Built-in" to TS22.

Thus... a Reminder: When installing routes check the Build Version. At least one 5.0 route is here! (uploaded on 12/1/21 by jango)

Tony/N3V - Non-compatible routes should not show in store? Correct?

Saved me again lol. Was looking in to getting West from Denver. For Trainz 2019 Build 114863.

How is it decided which ones appear on Steam? Just curious.

Interesting... Store says "This item is currently available via Trainz Plus only" but I don't see that it mentions that it's a 5.0 (TSR22) build. It will work in the latest two (true) TRS22 beta builds only I believe.

It is one of the routes that come with the standalone TRS22. The confusion will be caused if you are a trainz plus or gold sub, as TRS19 SP5 beta is also build 5.0. I would also avoid downloading the new updates to Bairnsdale - Orbost, Beloreck and Liskeard to Looe as they are also meant for the TRS22 versions

I have downloaded and installed the DLC update for Liskeard to Looe on my Trainz Plus (the latest beta) and it is working fine.

I have downloaded and installed the DLC update for Liskeard to Looe on my Trainz Plus (the latest beta) and it is working fine.
But it won't work without missing assets in TRS19 SP5 beta, which is also 5.0, is what I was alluding to. It will only affect those with plus and gold. Plus is TRS22.

Last edited:
OK. Just got a bit confused - all these variations, builds, version numbers. Its enough to drive you to drink. Ohh, look at the time, the bar is now open:D

We're all entitled to get CRAFT every so often as we get older. :hehe:
Can't Remember A Flamin Thing. It's what you get from drinking Craft Beer.

Last edited:
If I am reading the OP correctly, the issue he saw is that the route uses assets that are built-in only to TRS22. While the route will load into TRS19 SP5 it will be missing assets. Given that Tony says that over 1000 new scenery assets are in TRS22, a route builder would need to not use any of those assets to make the route backward compatible to TRS19 SP5.

If I am reading the OP correctly, the issue he saw is that the route uses assets that are built-in only to TRS22. While the route will load into TRS19 SP5 it will be missing assets. Given that Tony says that over 1000 new scenery assets are in TRS22, a route builder would need to not use any of those assets to make the route backward compatible to TRS19 SP5.

OP here... Correct... the sessions used N3V assets that are Built In to TRS22 but NOT the 2 (or whatever) "cross over" or Plus builds that are labled TRS19 but yet new 5.0 builds. Few people would see this. (I actually thought i had deleted my post before I hist the "Post" button and I was surprised when I saw it live. Though it might help someone I guess.)

Back