problems

stocky36

hi
i have recently returned to Trainz
while I was away I updated to windows 11
I am now encountering problems I have never had before
Is 2019 platinum compatible with windows 11?
for example I was running a goods train on AI and when it came to a station it slowed to 0 and then got up speed this happened twice i have run trains through these stations many times before without having this problem.
I have had other problems but they have been solvable like having to go into session editor and tick the driver instruction box to be able to program the trains to run on AI schedules
and what happened to quick drive?
thanks for any help

TRS19 is compatible with Windows 11.

Platinum has the new Universal Driver-Surveyor Interface (UDS), which means Quick Drive is no longer needed. Instead of going into Quick Drive, you now switch directly between Surveyor and Driver and back as needed. With this, you can drive a long, find something out of place and fix it and continue instead of jumping in and out of the menus. When doing this, use caution because on complex routes can end up with consists out of position if you save the Session while make a change on the Route.

Why are your AI drivers acting more off than normal?

It's because they're AI driver, of course! Just kidding!

There are a couple of things here.

If you've upgraded to a latest service pack, open your session and save it to update it. I have run into this same problem previously, and this was the fix/workaround for that issue, but that may not help you here. There are some older stations that have script issues which maybe the problem you are seeing. I recommend trying my simple method first and see if that helps.

HI
thanks for your help.
with regard to the trains stopping going thru the station, I now see a message come up "Excessive acceleration"
they are not accelerating. I have never had this problem in the many years I have been playing Trainz
I am on build 114800.
As I said I have been away from Trainz for about 6 months, something has happened in that time that is causing these anomalies
thanks if you can help

Hi Stocky36! That is a known - bug? - Not sure, but it has been greatly complained about in 2019. You get messages like that and "rough handling" whether you do anything rough or not in some sessions.

You get messages like that and "rough handling" whether you do anything rough or not in some sessions.

Part of the problem is that some locos show the message while others, under exactly the same conditions, do not. Strong suspicion it is related to the engine specs of individual locos.

I have narrowed this down to something that has happened in the last week or so. Previous to that I was running goods trains thru these stations without this problem.
Has anything changed in that time, could it be caused by outside updates eg Microsoft or Dell?

When the train runs through the station instead of stopping, does the station remain as the next item in the schedule, or does it drop off the schedule as if it had stopped?

If the station remains as the next item, then what I have found is that the AI is confused. Often this is caused by the station and the neighboring area having been copied/pasted from elsewhere on the route (something I often do which is why this has happened to me many times).

Sometimes the fix is just to point to the station and then click "?" and "enter", even though you made no changes. But if this doesn't work, just delete the station, then rebuild it in the same place, hook up the track, give it a slightly different name, save, then modify the session to use the new name.

No it's when I am running a goods train or any train with an engine to NOT stop a that station but to run thru.
when I say any train with an engine it doesn't happen with a class 377 type train for example
I have tried with various British engines and an American one but that didn't help

Back