My Trains in Saved Sessions Disappear - Was a fix ever found?

torino72

I backed away from my TRS-19 North American Version, a year or so ago because of this problem. I was/am still using Windows 7. I would run a session for a while and then save it. I would restart the saved session and run it until I got tired and then save it. I might do this 10 or so times. Then one day I'd restart the last saved session only to find my train was gone. I could usually find it somewhere in a field or where ever with the cars all piled on top of one another. If I reopened a previously saved session it had also been destroyed, all the way back to the original saved session. This problem was reported but I never saw a "cause" or a "fix" although I was not the only one reporting this problem. I finally just abandoned TRS19 and went back to TS2010, which to date has been my favorite version in spite of its "buggy" and very slow CMP.

Last edited:
I suspect there was a bug way back then. I haven't heard of this issue occurring recently.

When I start TRS19 (North American) version, which is at build 105096, I get the message that a patch is available. I have tried several times to apply the patch that take TRS19 build 105096 to 105100 but the patch fails each time at Step 1 of 2 with this message, "Patch failed:failed to read source data: 'http://dl1.n3vgames.com/Patch/STREAMS/trs19_q3/460/db4479ba28356db3349788612a916a3f.txt' "

Am I supposed to be able to patch this version of TRS19? If so, what does this error message mean?

Back