Just Preordered TRS22 - What Next

SRKing783

''Trainz Veteran''
Hi all,

I'm feeling good right now. Wanna know why? I've just gone ahead and preordered TRS22, even if I'm not getting a new laptop for myself (though it's more likely I will.) So... what now?

Is TRS22 available for download from my Products page? Can I just download it right now and start playing? Or should I just wait a bit to download? Also, what content is available currently?

Seriously, I'm excited for TRS22, and cannot wait for what the next generation of Trainz has to offer.

EDIT: Just thought of something else... when's a Mac version coming out? Or will I have to wait for the full release of TRS22 to come out? Because I really hope I didn't waste $70... though I assume that the preorder has installations Windows and Mac, even though the beta is Windows only.

Last edited:
Speculation: It is a Pre-order so the actual product will not be available just yet. As far as I know there is no TRS22 beta version to download - the only beta version is Trainz Plus (for subscription holders) which contains all the TRS22 features.

So, patience Grasshopper.

Only Trainz Plus users get the beta? Well, last I checked… I’m not one of them. And I think I can probably wait - TANE can still hold me out for the next few weeks, months, years even. Of course, there’ll be a time one day where I will have to upgrade… so might as well upgrade now.

All in all, I’m quite excited, but I can wait a bit longer for Tony & the crew to fix anything, release new content, etc.

It might have to do with the fact that the beta is availanle for those who bought TRS22, like me. I do have the beta available… but I can’t run it, as… you know the rest, at this point.

the column for "TRS22 Purchase" "Pre-Order Now" shows that you get "Immediate Beta Access" - and "TRS22 Access January"

Wondering... What is the "immediate Beta Access?"

Speculation: Could the "beta access" be to the current Train Plus with S20 (which is the only current beta I am aware of) and then when TRS22 is released in January you will lose the S20 features which are Trainz Plus only feature. Does seem strange.

Speculation: Could the "beta access" be to the current Train Plus with S20 (which is the only current beta I am aware of) and then when TRS22 is released in January you will lose the S20 features which are Trainz Plus only feature. Does seem strange.

That was my guess but I'm so often mistaken (ie: wrong). Maybe the chart is in error. If I were a pre-order customer I'd be getting in touch with support to find out what that item is exactly...

Another possibility is that there may be a TRS22 beta. Since there has been no original TRS22 release it makes no sense to release a beta unless it is to those who have pro-ordered TRS22. Again speculation.

More info required.

TRS22 pre-orders do have access to a beta version of TRS22 right now. It's the same build number as the Trainz Plus version with different permissions. Grab the installer from MyTrainz, install, enter your username and you're up and running.

Is there or will there be an offline installation file? The current download says:
Online Installer
Build: 115628
Note: This will download a small installer which will then download the rest of the game.
For those with two computers, a small one that goes online and a bigger gaming computer that is on a local network but normally has no internet access.

There is a Mac .dmg file and PC installer in MyTrainz. If you have problems, submit a helpdesk ticket for more assistance.

I also asked because with the MAC, you only have to download the data once. With the PC, the online installer has to download the data again if for some reason the first installation gets corrupted

I also asked because with the MAC, you only have to download the data once. With the PC, the online installer has to download the data again if for some reason the first installation gets corrupted

Is your antivirus stomping on the file as it's being downloaded?

The alternative to installing from the Launcher is to use the Patch-installer instead. Navigate to the program directory and use Patch-installer.exe. I've had better luck with this, and this is also better when there are multiple patches. Install the first then repeat the process again for the second so that the DBR doesn't kick in automatically after the first go round.

I guess my question was not very clear.
I download the TRS22-Beta-Online-Installer (2.87 MB). Then when I run it, it first downloads over 9 GB of data, then it starts the install process. If later I want to re-install TRS22, just because. If I re-run the TRS22-Beta-Online-Installer that I already have, it will again download all of the data, taking up time and using more data allowance. I see the Patch Installer in the main TRS22 folder is 2.38 MB so I assume it too would have to get the files. again.

The MAC people can download a Full Installer at 10.2 GB That sounds like a one time effort.

Can the PC crowd also get a Full Installer?

This is an update for myself:

Today, I noticed the TRS22 beta installer for Macs. And I just so happen to have a Mac. Now, I have two questions:

1. Is the beta in general a stable build?
2. Is the beta compatable with the M1 Pro MacBook Pro? (I ask because I plan on downloading the beta after I get one of the new MacBook Pros… so in simpler terms, will the beta be stable for Apple Silicon?)

I’m sorry that Windows users have to deal with not having a full installer. That is a bit odd, but I’m sure N3V has their reasons.

How do I install a patch?

TRS22 pre-orders do have access to a beta version of TRS22 right now. It's the same build number as the Trainz Plus version with different permissions. Grab the installer from MyTrainz, install, enter your username and you're up and running.

I've spent the past 2 hours, literally, trying to find out how to patch my current install of TRS22. I have been unable to find the instructions I need.

Please help!

I have Trainz Plus 115985 installed. I understand I can patch it up to 116493.
When I follow Tony's instructions, I get to https://www.trainzportal.com/mytrainz/index but I can't find the "install" he refers to.

Very frustrated! :'(

I've spent the past 2 hours, literally, trying to find out how to patch my current install of TRS22. I have been unable to find the instructions I need.

Please help!

I have Trainz Plus 115985 installed. I understand I can patch it up to 116493.
When I follow Tony's instructions, I get to https://www.trainzportal.com/mytrainz/index but I can't find the "install" he refers to.

Very frustrated! :'(

Optionally, you should see the TRS22 installer available to you on the My Trainz page. You can download it there. When you install, it'll show Trainz Plus even though the .exe is TRS22.

When you do install, it may or may not put an icon on your desktop and it will not touch your current TRS19 data.

You can create a desktop shortcut by navigating to the C:/Program Files/N3V Games/TRS22 directory then right-clicking on the TRS22.exe. On right-clicking, choose Send To and then Desktop (shortcut).

By default, the program will setup its own data folder. You can optionally choose your TRS19 data folder if you want by going into Trainz settings and the install tab and changing the path there to your TRS19 data folder by clicking on the ... in the right corner and navigating to that folder.

Once setup, it'll run a DBR and you'll be good to go.

Back