Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Surveyor 2.0 feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by lenscab View Post
    I have a long train. I can select one car, then by holding the shift key I can select additional cars one by one. How do I select the entire train? I think I saw the answer to this somewhere, but I can't find it now.

Double click the consist.
    Len
    Thats it. Thanks

Another question. In classic surveyor there is a feature I use a lot, but apparently isn't available in Surveyor 2. Under "settings, control settings, surveyor" there is a Search Panel options. One of the nice features of this option is that it has a drop down which gives you access to a group of files which contain often used assets. I have a file of trees, wildflowers, and textures.

Is this feature still a work in progress?

In Surveyor 2.0 there are lots of ways to create groups of items.

These include Picklists, custom Search Filters and Scrapbooks. Read the doco here: https://docs.trainzsimulator.com/docs/s20-tutorials
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

I have a new problem in build 116243 (It may have been in earlier builds, but I have updated them to current build).

I can no longer find the Tools Palette or the Tools Option Palette even though they are checked in the Windows menu. I have a second install of TRS22 and things are OK there. I can turn the Tools Palette on and off in the windows menu.

This may have happened because I was trying to resize the windows. Also, the asset menu on the lefthand side of the screen now only displays a half column of assets. I can't seem to stretch it so a full column of information is available.

The bottom line is that I no longer have access to the tools palette for building or modifying my routes.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Bert View Post
    I have a new problem in build 116243 (It may have been in earlier builds, but I have updated them to current build).

I can no longer find the Tools Palette or the Tools Option Palette even though they are checked in the Windows menu. I have a second install of TRS22 and things are OK there. I can turn the Tools Palette on and off in the windows menu.

This may have happened because I was trying to resize the windows. Also, the asset menu on the lefthand side of the screen now only displays a half column of assets. I can't seem to stretch it so a full column of information is available.

The bottom line is that I no longer have access to the tools palette for building or modifying my routes.
    Uncheck and recheck the tools pallet and it will reappear. This is true for the others as well if they get hidden.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    Trainz-PLUS: 117669

I first had to minimize the windows and then reopen each of the windows I wanted.

United States of America, New Hampshire, Wolfeboro

Is there a way to change the default tool. Having the "Bruch Tool" tool as a default can get you in trouble. So would having the "Placement Tool". My preference would be to have the "Fine Placement Tool" as the default. I would be more efficient (I use it most often) and it would keep me out of trouble (e.g. I'm not painting or placing something I did not intent to do)

Just tested in build 117092 Russ
    here the default tool is the "free move" tool
    (when editing a route, saving, going out, then edit again)

United States of America, Washington State, Tacoma Area

Build 117540

Has anyone tried to use "snap track" in Editor 2.0? I was trying to assemble my turntable kit and can get things to snap together. Am I missing something like a new button?

Don
    Don49plm

The operation should be pretty much the same. Just match the vertex nodes (the small squares).

My guess is that the turntable you're using has a duplicate attachment point which I've seen in some road junctions.

Please provide the KUID of the turntable and track and a screenshot of what you're attempting.
    Tony Hilliam

Tony,

This is a list on turntable assets. They are hosted at The Erecting Hall. These have worked since TS12 un-changed. There suppose to snap together and everything lines up.

<kuid2:387111:100165:1>
    <kuid2:387111:100167:1>
    <kuid2:387111:100166:1>
    <kuid2:387111:100662:1>

Don49plm

Does it snap together in Classic?
    Tony Hilliam

Tony
    Yes, it does. It works in everything but 2.0. Don

Edit:

This turntable has been in Trainz forever. It too works the same way with snap track.
    Last edited by DON49PLM; May 25th, 2022 at 09:10 PM.
    Don49plm

Can we get something in the options that is a checkbox that says something like "Only Display Usable Content" This way when we are in Surveyor 2.0 it will only show assets that can be placed. A lot of times when searching or using the filters there is a lot of clutter because its displaying routes/loco parts etc. So basically when that is checked certain categories would not get displayed in Surveyor 2.0.

Don49plm - apparently the ability to snap objects isn't yet supported in S20. So for now user Classic.

Hert - the default asset categories already do this. If you create your own filter then you'll need to add in filters to remove unwanted items using AND NOT Category = Train component for example.
    Tony Hilliam