Thread: No 20th aniversary offers ?

Default No 20th aniversary offers ?

Where is a digital version of Trainz: The Complete Collection ?

United States of America, Illinois, Rockford
    Blog Entries

This isn't like the 15th anniversary back in 2016 but since things just got started I'm sure we'll see more - hopefully

Cheers

NARM's site^

My personal site: https://hiawathamr.weebly.com/​

Great to see the 20th anniversary, but yeah, not going to bite for a year of Plus just for the FCT. I was kinda hoping there would be an early adaptor special or something for those of us who just want to buy the program without dealing with subscriptions. Maybe that is something they will do in January, but for now, no reason to get excited. When Tony dropped the hint about an FCT, I was hoping there would be a special there too, but not. Again, not going with a year of Plus just to get the FCT.
    EDIT: Actually, I may have to take that back. With the current deal I can buy a year of Plus membership for $69.49 and get 22 with it, so in essence, I can look at that the same as buying 22 with fifty cents off and getting a year of Plus for free!
    Last edited by Forester1; December 1st, 2021 at 04:44 PM.
    Have a*´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Wonderful day! *

Quote Originally Posted by Forester1 View Post
    Great to see the 20th anniversary, but yeah, not going to bite for a year of Plus just for the FCT. I was kinda hoping there would be an early adaptor special or something for those of us who just want to buy the program without dealing with subscriptions. Maybe that is something they will do in January, but for now, no reason to get excited. When Tony dropped the hint about an FCT, I was hoping there would be a special there too, but not. Again, not going with a year of Plus just to get the FCT.
    @Forester1 - This is an honest question, not a challenge. You don't think a year of Plus which gets you your owned copy of TS22, FCT, and Plus for year is worth 19 cents a day? Would be interested in your view...

On a slightly different front, I admit, I'm wondering what people will be saying one year from now when their subscription expires and their newly owned TS22 reverts to Standard without the Plus features. That will interesting. I am assuming the Plus features will be gone if they don't stay on subscription. However, N3V may have added more features and may make S20 and such a part of Standard 22. But we don't know do we?
    22+ beta 116069; 19+ SP5 beta 116009; 19-Std SP3; Tane
    Win10, GTX1060-6, 1TB SSD(C), 2TB SSD(D)
    Mac M1 Mini, Big Sur - 19+

So if I take up this "offer", what happens to my 4 x 365 FCTs that I haven't used? Will they just remain there until I cancel the subscription and then restart?

Also, from when I last looked at the subscription models (I did have silver), Do I have to keep a new install of 22 as well as my other installs of 19, 19PE, TANE & MR2017. Looks like a lot of Disk space.

Very confused, to say the least and nothing to get excited about for me as I don't intend to use any multiplayer features at all. I just want all my older versions fixed. (ie. no obsolete assets that can't be upgraded. - New versions are payware non active.)

Perhaps, it is time to say - "no more" and make do with all that I have now.
    Win 10 X64 - i7-8700 16Gb Ram GTX 1060 3Gb
    TRS19 Platinum Build 114800
    T:ANE Build 105930 (SP4)
    TMR17 Build 85470

no obsolete assets that can't be upgraded. - New versions are payware non active
    >>
    Please provide a list of KUIDs affected (and probably we will need to know which package they are from - you can get this info from Content > Report containing packages).

Do I have to keep a new install of 22 as well as my other installs of 19, 19PE, TANE & MR2017.

It's up to you which builds you want to keep. You can run all the content from those versions in TRS22, so the only reason to keep an old version is if, for some reason, you want to use that specific build.

Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Blog Entries

Hi All
    There are a few more things coming (these will be announced in our newsletter tomorrow ).

what happens to my 4 x 365 FCTs that I haven't used? Will they just remain there until I cancel the subscription and then restart?
    The tickets will remain unused/unactivated until you decide to start them.

The subscription will add a 'subscription' FCT to your account, so you will see an active FCT when you have an active subscription. If you cancel, you will then be able to activate the other FCTs when desired.

Note, our system only allows 1 active FCT at a time, and as such you won't see an 'activate' button on unused FCTs whilst another FCT is active.

Regards
    Zec Murphy

Customer Support Rep
    N3V Games (Auran)

*Please do not use Private Messages for support. Support can only be provided via the helpdesk, or via the forums.

Also to answer the OP, there are 3 offers - $10 gift, All DLC option and the Trainz Plus special offer.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

1611Mac, actually I have been considering the subscription option since they started it, but I am one of the slow ones to change. Also, I seem to spend so much time fixing and searching for content, I actually run a small percentage of the routes I have, and I need to reorient my priorities there as well. It could be after a year of Plus I might see it as worth just continuing, as I know that is the hope behind the offer. Six months of retirement, and I am still waiting for my schedule to slow down! .

Your mention of 22 Standard does concern me though, because if there is a premium option somewhere along the line with more routes and content, I am going to want to upgrade to that somehow going forward. I waited until 2019 Platinum came out to upgrade from T:ANE, and whereas I started with a T:ANE Standard box set, I also bought the T:ANE premium and TMR bundles when they came out (a lot doesn't show on my timeline!)
    Have a*´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)

1611Mac, actually I have been considering the subscription option since they started it, but I am one of the slow ones to change. Also, I seem to spend so much time fixing and searching for content, I actually run a small percentage of the routes I have, and I need to reorient my priorities there as well. It could be after a year of Plus I might see it as worth just continuing, as I know that is the hope behind the offer. Six months of retirement, and I am still waiting for my schedule to slow down! .

Your mention of 22 Standard does concern me though, because if there is a premium option somewhere along the line with more routes and content, I am going to want to upgrade to that somehow going forward. I waited until 2019 Platinum came out to upgrade from T:ANE, and whereas I started with a T:ANE Standard box set, I also bought the T:ANE premium and TMR bundles when they came out (a lot doesn't show on my timeline!)
    Forester1 -
    Thank you for the kind reply. I'm on Gold so I have access to "everything." But like you, I run a small percentage of Routes. The advantage of having all the Routes and actually installing them is that you have all that content (assets) and you are much less likely to have "unknown/missing" assets when you install a route, be it DLC, DLS, or cdp from 3rd party.

For instance, I just installed UMR2022 (in testing stage) and I had several Payware assets "missing" even though the author didn't want Payware in the Route (he's cleaning that issue up somewhat for the public release). There were also a few missing/unknown assets. So though I didn't have a bunch of Routes installed in that particular test install I installed them just to get the assets. To me, that's one of the great advantages of Gold. Not having all the Routes themselves but all the assets that are in the Routes. And though I have Tane SP4 (part of Gold) and I run Tane routes in Tane, I still install them in TRS-19 and '22 just so the assets are there.

So yes, I have Gold and I just made my yearly payment so I can keep TS22 in 12 months. However, I know that for the small cost of Gold and the ASSET advantages it brings, I'll be on Gold (including PLUS) for as long as it's offered likely. If you enjoy beta testing and running 3rd party and freeware routes even if only once to learn and see what others are doing, Gold is a good investment. (If paid yearly it's .35 cents a day.)

So in my view the Gold "subscription model" isn't so much about the TRS19 or the TS22 app. It's more about the fun and challenge of all the beta releases, but even more so it's really about having "all Store content" available just for all the (mostly) Payware assets included. Too many route creators end up with Payware in their freeware routes.

By the way.. I download as much JR (and other 3rd party) freeware as I can for the same reason (well, and also because it's great stuff). I keep folder libraries in my Dropbox account so that when I want to create another install (like TS22) all the 3rd party stuff is there and organized ready to install.

Sorry for long ramble... didn't intend to say so much. And to be clear, I refuse to use Adobe products because of the high subscription price and I too balk at the subscription model. But because of advantages gained I happily yield and do the Gold subscription.

As for "retirement," I hear you. I just had my 69th birthday and I have more work than I can do. (Websites, opt-in mail lists, creating eBooks from manusripts, etc.)
    Last edited by 1611mac; December 2nd, 2021 at 08:28 AM.

United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham

I bought TRS19 North American edition and when Platinum came out there was a special upgrade offer for me of like 35% off and it was on sale too. I think I paid $23 to go to Platinum. I assume there will be a similar path for TRS22 in the future. It would just be good marketing sense.

Right, I am just concerned with how it is mixed up in the Plus/22 thing. I suppose it will be the same option as you mention though.
    Have a*´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)

Right, "Platinum" is TRS19 "standard" with "additional features" such as camera's and UDS. "Platinum" itself has nothing to do with beta releases (Plus) or DLC access/content (unless you consider the routes included in the Regional editions which are really just packaged content included with purchase.) Silver sub gives you content. Gold sub gives you Plus and content. I hope I said this correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    Also to answer the OP, there are 3 offers - $10 gift, All DLC option and the Trainz Plus special offer.
    Sorry , i'm not interested in TRS22 or any of the bundled offers .