Do I get TRS22 free if I already have Trainz Plus membership?

So after a long time away from Trainz... is a yearly subscription worth it ?

That is a question that only you can answer. Subscription or not ... depends on each persons individual needs and circumstances.

I can only speak from my personal experiences.

Until recently my only software subscription was for an antivirus program - the one subscription covers all my devices including two mobile phones and it provides regular automatic updates. I have since added a subscription for a system cleanup tool which covers all my PCs/laptops and includes regular automatic updates. Both are annual subscriptions. I do not have a subscription for MS Office 365 as I don't use Word or Excel often enough to make it worthwhile - in fact I use the free LibreOffice.

I purchased a monthly subscription to Trainz Plus last November after using TRS19 Platinum Edition since it was released. This was mostly because of the regular new features that would be added (Surveyor 2.0 is the first) that it promises, and has so far delivered. I also took up the subscription as a way of supporting N3V. I switched just a few days ago to the yearly subscription to take advantage of the TRS22 "for life" offer.

Addendum: The yearly subscription is cheaper than 12 monthly payments and, in my case, avoids excessive currency conversion charges from my bank.

Also it needs to be said that if, after only a few months of a monthly subscription, you decide that it is not for you (hard to believe I know but then some people are strange) then you can bail out and save a few months of payments - but you can join again and restore your Trainz Plus at anytime.

My thoughts.

Last edited:
I have a GOLD Membership in which I have been paying N3V $14.99 a month for I don't know exactly how long--- but at least since December of 2019. Do I get the new Trainz 2022? All I need is a Yes or No. If the answer is "No" then I'm gonna feel cheated.

Choo Choo!

NO. Annual membership only.

Really! I've not been watching this thread but that seems a bit odd given a regular payment is still $.

I would have bought TS22 anyway even though I think I get one for free. N3V do strange things. When I purchased TANE I got an additional U.S. and U.K. edition - both boxed. Never installed them.

Dave should probably get a freebie given his support to the Trainz community.

Really! I've not been watching this thread but that seems a bit odd given a regular payment is still $.

I would have bought TS22 anyway even though I think I get one for free. N3V do strange things. When I purchased TANE I got an additional U.S. and U.K. edition - both boxed. Never installed them.

If you think about it, getting TRS22 'free' after one monthly subscription wouldn't be smart.

I have a GOLD Membership in which I have been paying N3V $14.99 a month for I don't know exactly how long--- but at least since December of 2019. Do I get the new Trainz 2022?

No! As Stagecoach has pointed out, Annual membership only.

Yes, but instead of the payments "trickling in" during the year (and reducing when some subscribers decide to cancel after a few months) it comes as one lump payment which can provide more immediate benefits.

With great respect to Dave for all the work he has done, the same could be said of many others in the community. So where do you draw the line because there would be some who will be asking "How come these people got the free TRS22 and not me?". IMHO best to leave the "freebies" out of it.

My opinions.

If you are paying monthly anyway.... paying annually will save you a good bit of money - and yes... I understand not everyone has that yearly sum available and must pay monthly.

Well, I sprung for the annual Gold membership. It's cheaper than a monthly membership and I can evaluate after a year if I want to continue my subscription.

Well, I sprung for the annual Gold membership. It's cheaper than a monthly membership and I can evaluate after a year if I want to continue my subscription.

Guess What Friends. . . . I did too!! Guess I'll get Trainz 2022 now, right? But when?

Guess What Friends. . . . I did too!! Guess I'll get Trainz 2022 now, right? But when?

You should be able to download it now using the Trainz Plus Beta stream. Last I heard Tony was suggesting this might also be a release candidate.

There are instructions for accessing your TS19 userdata folder but I just copied the whole thing in case it went to custard. Worked for me.

Back