Question about membership into the various levels.

jjslll54

Member since Nov 2001
Hello,

I bought TRS19 when it first came out and pd about $70.00 for it. My question is how would the various levels of membership affect me if I decided to buy one? My issue is if I buy, say a Gold membership, and then create content, such as a layout or route, using items I could only get through my membership and upload this to the download station will this then force others to buy a gold membership in order to download and enjoy my content. This seems very unfair to me and is what has kept me from upgrading. I may be just misunderstanding how it works, thus the question. There may be others with the same concern. I appreciate anyone who can clear this up for me.

Jacob

Membership levels has nothing to do with specific assets chosen and used.

It's up to the content creator to track and use appropriate assets. For instance, philskene uses only assets in his Routes/sessions that come with the base install. Thus, everyone with the appropriate version app can use his routes. Others prefer to use specific assets that may be needed for a prototype route they are making. Some creators will say up front that "Payware" assets are used (thus, you must own that payware to have the asset), some even explain where they come from and how you can get them, but mostly you find out when you install the route and see for yourself what assets are missing. You then can use the route with missing assets (if they are non-critical), you can try to find missing assets, or you can give up and delete the route.

Some creators also have two separate Trainz installs, - a basic one that they build their routes in for uploading to the DLS and another one with all the bells and whistles and updates, DLC & etc that they play trains in (if you excuse the expression).

If you just get the Plus Membership which is just under the cost of the stand alone version and includes an FCT but does not include the "Free DLC" other than what your permissions already entitle you to then there would not be a problem as you would effectively have the same content as the stand alone version but with the early access to new features and betas.

See the differences halfway down this page. https://store.trainzportal.com/page...-90286893&mc_cid=aa92a52a1b&mc_eid=1ac89f446f

Back