Question regarding Trainz+ Membership & TRS22

as said before I never took a membership of any type in the past so I'm here with a question maybe naive: when you get TS22 with the TrainzPlus option you still get a download link for the sim or what?

Oh maybe I solved this question thank to Tony reply in this other thread https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?165958-Just-Preordered-TRS22-What-Next
TRS22 pre-orders do have access to a beta version of TRS22 right now. It's the same build number as the Trainz Plus version with different permissions. Grab the installer from MyTrainz, install, enter your username and you're up and running.

Last edited:
A bit confused on the whole 22 buying to own it. Weather you pay for the 68.00 dollar one or you subscribe to one why can't you keep it period? It sounds like in order to own it you have t keep paying for it. Am I missing something here? Thanks.

A bit confused on the whole 22 buying to own it. Weather you pay for the 68.00 dollar one or you subscribe to one why can't you keep it period? It sounds like in order to own it you have t keep paying for it. Am I missing something here? Thanks.

You can buy it from a seller or do a single annual membership and in both cases, it is yours to keep. You can purchase the annual membership and then cancel it, but the membership expires at the end of 12 months and you keep the basic 22.

I choose the yearly membership so I will be able to enjoy all the nice membership goodies and anyway keep my TRS22 at the end.

All the advertising say's when you buy 22 you can keep it forever. What circumstances would not allow you to keep it forever? Add also say's conditions apply. What are the conditions? No explanation on what they are. Kinda vague.

Last edited:
conditions apply is said on the trs22 obtained with the yearly membership. It means if you get the yearly membership you'll get your TRS22 forever even if you will not reneview your subscription the next year.

Well I bit the bullet and got 22+ and played in surveyor and it's a bit similar to dovetail games trains. Seems a bit easier to build in so far but one never knows. Is there a tutorial on building routes yet? That would be helpful. Back to + I go.

I found these links and they are helpful thanks. I like new as well as old and 22 offers both. Until I get more comfortable with 2.0 I'm using the classic surveyor to build in which is a nice feature. The new Amtrak Loco is great as well as west to Denver. So far I like 22+ How do you add baseboards in 2.0? Thanks all.

Using the Surveyor 2.0, you drag a marquee over the empty space beyond your baseboards. You can drag to add up to 10 baseboards.

Using Surveyor 1.0, you go to the advanced button on the topology tool and the add baseboard button should be there. I haven't checked because I've been poking around in the new one.

Thanks for the tip on baseboards 2.0. I've noticed when I place speed signs on the route the locomotives will automatically slow down at a station or crossing then resume posted speed. Strange I think.

Thanks for the tip on baseboards 2.0. I've noticed when I place speed signs on the route the locomotives will automatically slow down at a station or crossing then resume posted speed. Strange I think.

You're welcome. I read about it and just tried it myself. This also works in a similar fashion to delete baseboards, and I wish we had this feature ages ago.

The speed change like that is odd. I haven't done any driving yet in this version so I must go see and experience this special effect. :)

This is probably a bug, I'm sure.

Regarding speed signs. Seems if they are too far apart the speed is quirky. If they are placed at regular intervals the speed is ok.

Back