Question regarding Trainz+ Membership & TRS22

Prince271088

Can I just verify that the only difference between (in my case) paying monthly for Gold Class and paying annually for Gold Class is I won't actually own TRS22 but it will still be available as long as my sub is active? I will still receive all other benefits that the annual pass gets with the exception of actually owning the game?

Thanks

That is what I read in the details I looked at on the TRS22 page. Now it appears that if you convert your subscription to annually billing anytime up to December 1 2022 you qualify for the deal of getting TRS22 to keep. That seems to be an exception to the January 15, 2022 deadline for non-subscribers and will allow anyone that has a plus or gold membership currently to renew when it runs out and receive TRS22 to keep. All in all a very nice deal.

Same here... been on Gold/Plus for a couple of years and it sounds like all I need do is make a single yearly (annual) payment instead of monthly in order to "own" TS22 at the end of that year.

Last edited:
I have a life-time FCT. Does that mean I'm eligible for a free download? It's been awhile, but I think I had to pay for TRS19 when I got it. Full price! A few months later it was half price. If I have to pay, I might as well just wait until the price has dropped and all the bugs have been fixed. :)

I have a life-time FCT. Does that mean I'm eligible for a free download? It's been awhile, but I think I had to pay for TRS19 when I got it. Full price! A few months later it was half price. If I have to pay, I might as well just wait until the price has dropped and all the bugs have been fixed. :)

No, a first-class ticket is not the same as a membership paid anually.

I don't thank it should make a difference, were still paying the same price in monthly payments, and wasn't that the hole idea of having a Gold or whatever? Come on!!!!!!!!!!

Same here... been on Gold/Plus for a couple of years and it sounds like all I need do is make a single yearly (annual) payment instead of monthly in order to "own" TS22 at the end of that year.

I just did that and saved a few bucks in the process. It works out to be a bit of a discount when changing to annual payments.

For me I am thinking no brainer. Buy 22 for $69.99, or buy a year of Plus for 69.49 and get 22 into the bargain. SWEET!

Hate to confuse the issue but you could invest the $69.99 and perhaps make a $1 but then I guess in 12 months time the majority of us will be running TRS22 however we go about getting it on our machines while maintaining that love-hate relationship only Trainz can inspire. Peter

In the past I always bought Trainz without membership subs etc. This time I'm seriously thinking to buy a yearly TP, enjoying all the nice TP features and keep my TRS22 copy for ever (even losing the nice features tied to the membership). Anyway nothing is sure about the S20 could in future become a standard feature for all users and buyers. Why not...

No, a first-class ticket is not the same as a membership paid anually.

I never heard about "membership" until it came up with the announcement of TRS22. I looked at the comparison charts and I don't see any benefit of a "membership" (for me). Thank you, but no thanks. Some are making comments that sound like if I don't have a "membership" I will loose my TRS19 copy or if I buy TRS22, it won't be mine to keep. How dumb is that?

don't worry, chili46, no need at all for membership to keep your TRS19 or TS22 copy. It's just another way to have it. I can say that if I have to choose between $69.99 to buy it or $ 69.49 to have it through a yearly subscription (and then TS12 is mine anyway) I'll go for the second and enjoy all the nice memebership's feature for all the year long. Anyone is free to select the better (for him) option.

I never heard about "membership" until it came up with the announcement of TRS22. I looked at the comparison charts and I don't see any benefit of a "membership" (for me). Thank you, but no thanks. Some are making comments that sound like if I don't have a "membership" I will loose my TRS19 copy or if I buy TRS22, it won't be mine to keep. How dumb is that?

Honestly I take the membership because it solves the problem of DLC and FCTs. I pay for a couple of services relating to Trainz and personally find them beneficial but everyone has a different play style and different requirements when it comes to Trainz.

I don't thank it should make a difference, were still paying the same price in monthly payments, and wasn't that the hole idea of having a Gold or whatever? Come on!!!!!!!!!!

You have paid monthly and received a benefit for that. An annual member has paid annually and received a benefit for that. You did this and determined if you were getting value for money or not with each renewal.

What we're saying now is that with our 20th Anniversary deal for 2022, if you pay up front for the year, save 28% on the monthly amount, you get to keep TRS22 forever.

Regarding waiting and paying a lower price - that's always an option as well.

What a lot of moaners.
it still a damn more expensive than having a REAL trains modeling set up where ONE good loco would cost a years full membership. :'(

Thats what I cant understand, if I pay monthly you make more than if I pay annually, so why would you cut your own pay for something, you guys must need Christmas money bad.

I just did that and saved a few bucks in the process. It works out to be a bit of a discount when changing to annual payments.

Yeah I did the same thing. I really enjoyed being a gold member this year and looking at the numbers you save a few bucks per month by switching to a yearly plan.

Thats what I cant understand, if I pay monthly you make more than if I pay annually, so why would you cut your own pay for something, you guys must need Christmas money bad.
It's called a discount. I've been on an annual Gold sub since it started and there has always been a discount for annual membership, so I doubt they're doing it for an extra slab or two for Christmas. It makes sense to discount an annual revenue stream rather than rely on a transient monthly one.

Hi Tony, thanks for answering here.

I am still a bit slow. I have a TrainzPlus with annual payment - i think - so if i am due to extend for 2022, does that mean, i ll automatically get TRS2022 ? And what will happen to my TRS19 then ?

Looking forward to TRS 2022 with an anual subscription - as always.

Cheers from Germany

Ulli

Back