Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question regarding Trainz+ Membership & TRS22

Question Question regarding Trainz+ Membership & TRS22

Can I just verify that the only difference between (in my case) paying monthly for Gold Class and paying annually for Gold Class is I won't actually own TRS22 but it will still be available as long as my sub is active? I will still receive all other benefits that the annual pass gets with the exception of actually owning the game?

Thanks

United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham

That is what I read in the details I looked at on the TRS22 page. Now it appears that if you convert your subscription to annually billing anytime up to December 1 2022 you qualify for the deal of getting TRS22 to keep. That seems to be an exception to the January 15, 2022 deadline for non-subscribers and will allow anyone that has a plus or gold membership currently to renew when it runs out and receive TRS22 to keep. All in all a very nice deal.

Same here... been on Gold/Plus for a couple of years and it sounds like all I need do is make a single yearly (annual) payment instead of monthly in order to "own" TS22 at the end of that year.
    Last edited by 1611mac; December 1st, 2021 at 08:37 AM.
    22+ beta 116243; 19+ SP5 beta 116210; 19-Std SP3; Tane
    Win10, GTX1060-6, 1TB SSD(C), 2TB SSD(D)
    Mac M1 Mini, Big Sur - 19+

I have a life-time FCT. Does that mean I'm eligible for a free download? It's been awhile, but I think I had to pay for TRS19 when I got it. Full price! A few months later it was half price. If I have to pay, I might as well just wait until the price has dropped and all the bugs have been fixed.

ASUS 970 Pro MB w/AMD FX-8370 OC 4.5 GHz
    NVIDIA GTX-1060 6GB (OC)
    G.Skill DDR3 2400 Memory 32 GBs
    Trainz Build: 111951 (SP3)

Quote Originally Posted by chili46 View Post
    I have a life-time FCT. Does that mean I'm eligible for a free download? It's been awhile, but I think I had to pay for TRS19 when I got it. Full price! A few months later it was half price. If I have to pay, I might as well just wait until the price has dropped and all the bugs have been fixed.
    No, a first-class ticket is not the same as a membership paid anually.

United States of America, Fla., Spring Hill

I don't thank it should make a difference, were still paying the same price in monthly payments, and wasn't that the hole idea of having a Gold or whatever? Come on!!!!!!!!!!

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
    Same here... been on Gold/Plus for a couple of years and it sounds like all I need do is make a single yearly (annual) payment instead of monthly in order to "own" TS22 at the end of that year.
    I just did that and saved a few bucks in the process. It works out to be a bit of a discount when changing to annual payments.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 114800
    TRS22 Beta tester

For me I am thinking no brainer. Buy 22 for $69.99, or buy a year of Plus for 69.49 and get 22 into the bargain. SWEET!
    Have a*´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Wonderful day! *

Hate to confuse the issue but you could invest the $69.99 and perhaps make a $1 but then I guess in 12 months time the majority of us will be running TRS22 however we go about getting it on our machines while maintaining that love-hate relationship only Trainz can inspire. Peter

In the past I always bought Trainz without membership subs etc. This time I'm seriously thinking to buy a yearly TP, enjoying all the nice TP features and keep my TRS22 copy for ever (even losing the nice features tied to the membership). Anyway nothing is sure about the S20 could in future become a standard feature for all users and buyers. Why not...
    Roberto (sister)

Quote Originally Posted by stagecoach View Post
    No, a first-class ticket is not the same as a membership paid anually.
    I never heard about "membership" until it came up with the announcement of TRS22. I looked at the comparison charts and I don't see any benefit of a "membership" (for me). Thank you, but no thanks. Some are making comments that sound like if I don't have a "membership" I will loose my TRS19 copy or if I buy TRS22, it won't be mine to keep. How dumb is that?

ASUS 970 Pro MB w/AMD FX-8370 OC 4.5 GHz
    NVIDIA GTX-1060 6GB (OC)
    G.Skill DDR3 2400 Memory 32 GBs
    Trainz Build: 111951 (SP3)

don't worry, chili46, no need at all for membership to keep your TRS19 or TS22 copy. It's just another way to have it. I can say that if I have to choose between $69.99 to buy it or $ 69.49 to have it through a yearly subscription (and then TS12 is mine anyway) I'll go for the second and enjoy all the nice memebership's feature for all the year long. Anyone is free to select the better (for him) option.
    Roberto (sister)

Quote Originally Posted by chili46 View Post
    I never heard about "membership" until it came up with the announcement of TRS22. I looked at the comparison charts and I don't see any benefit of a "membership" (for me). Thank you, but no thanks. Some are making comments that sound like if I don't have a "membership" I will loose my TRS19 copy or if I buy TRS22, it won't be mine to keep. How dumb is that?
    Honestly I take the membership because it solves the problem of DLC and FCTs. I pay for a couple of services relating to Trainz and personally find them beneficial but everyone has a different play style and different requirements when it comes to Trainz.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayco-man View Post
    I don't thank it should make a difference, were still paying the same price in monthly payments, and wasn't that the hole idea of having a Gold or whatever? Come on!!!!!!!!!!
    You have paid monthly and received a benefit for that. An annual member has paid annually and received a benefit for that. You did this and determined if you were getting value for money or not with each renewal.

What we're saying now is that with our 20th Anniversary deal for 2022, if you pay up front for the year, save 28% on the monthly amount, you get to keep TRS22 forever.

Regarding waiting and paying a lower price - that's always an option as well.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

What a lot of moaners.
    it still a damn more expensive than having a REAL trains modeling set up where ONE good loco would cost a years full membership.