Welcome to TRS22 from the CEO

Congrats on 20 years. Haven't been here that long myself, started with TS12, but have enjoyed the game very much.

Here's to many more years of Trainz.

The Online Store says: "TRS22 includes six brand new route packages. See full details of each package below." But "below" I only see five routes. Is "six" a typo or will there be an extra route later?

The Online Store says: "TRS22 includes six brand new route packages. See full details of each package below." But "below" I only see five routes. Is "six" a typo or will there be an extra route later?

Tony's post #20 above states

there are 5 x $40 value routes included for your $70.

So I would assume that the "six" in the advert is a typo.

Congrats on 20th anniversary, just purchased TRS22 and I have been with this adventure since version 1.2, pre-SP3 (which does not even appear in the forum banners). Time flies when your having fun.

Well, best of luck, but that's TR19 you reselling, so nope.

It's also quite sad you guys can't even go back and complete old goals. That guy made a great point about Cat wire from T:ANE kickstater. That be a great feature, going back and getting what has been most requested for, for years now.. But hard to get that when you just opening photoshop and changing the logo and text from 19 to 22 and saving file. "Those who fail to learn from history, are condemned to repeat it". You guys are also just straight up copying the business model from the other big train dev too now with 'yearly renaming releases'. Sad sad sad state the industry is in right now. From indie devs, to sim devs, to AAA devs.

Back to enjoying T:ANE for me!

You guys are also just straight up copying the business model from the other big train dev too now with 'yearly renaming releases'. Sad sad sad state the industry is in right now. From indie devs, to sim devs, to AAA devs.

Back to enjoying T:ANE for me!
You can join me in the naughty corner for former customers! Sadly it seems if you post an alternative view on this board, as I predicted you just get flamed and all but told to "foxtrot Oscar".
And actually, Dovetail haven't charged for the classic TS update for many years - it is funded by sales of DLC. Likewise this year's Rush Hour core update to TSW2 core was free, entirely optional to buy the Season Pass which gave you the three new routes.

As I said, the price for the non subscription version might just have scraped in if S20 included, but a few changes and new routes I'm unlikely to play is not worth £55 or as the CEO put it 20c a day.

Last edited:
Okay, a few concerns, questions and suggestions:

Having never upgraded a Trainz version (I did go from '04 to '19 but there was no content to port), I'm wondering how I am expected to port my 600,000 assets to this new version! I believe Trainz should have a bulk asset port feature, where the new games can detect your content file and immediately move it from the old game to the new game, or have the new game replace the original game files and certain other aspects but keep all screenshots and content. This will stop people's drives from becoming black holes with all the information they possess.

Will there be platinum and regional variants of the game and will the price go down during normal sales?

Will we eventually get a launcher that can launch all of the games from the same window? For example, say I just got done playing TRS22 and I wanted some nostalgia, so I can open '04 straight from the launcher already open.

If possible, could we have a local content database for our stuff inside a folder marked "Trainz Content," and in this folder is all your content ever. If you could get it to work you could open TRS2019 and it would select all assets compatible with TRS19 and let you use them, while graying out other assets, and open TRS2004 and have all compatible assets for it. No need for 3 content files for 3 games taking up hard drive space, just 1 for all 3.

Thank you!

Well done on 20 years, I've only been here for 13 but on the whole it's been worth it.

Strikes me that 12 months of Plus membership and keep TRS22 for $64.49 (£52.19) which includes Surveyor 2 plus FCT and keep forever, is a better offer than stand alone at $69.99 (£52.56) with buy your own FCT on top of it. You don't have to go for Gold Plus unless you want the DLC as well. Seems a no brainer to me. Do the maths as they say.

You had me at “forever”.
Thanks to everyone at N3V for bringing a little extra joy to retirement life. Here’s to another 20 years.
casey

You can join me in the naughty corner for former customers!
Considering you're allowed to flaunt a competitor's sim in your signature and 90% of your posts are barely, if at all even slightly constructive, it's some "naughty corner" you inhibit :eek:

Perhaps Rule #13 (one I'm most familiar with) of the CoC might be worth reading before you continue to contribute so negatively towards Trainz.

Just my 20c

Tony,
edit: -withdrawn- answered elsewhere

Updating from monthly to yearly Gold.

Enjoy a piece of 20th Anniversary cake! I just discovered Trainz with TRS-19 Early Release but I've had a blast over the past several years.

Last edited:
Congratz on the 20 years !
Big thanks for the wonderful train Sim for all these years
Big Thanks to Tony for his persistence, patience and wisdom.

Sadly I missed 11 years of it (got overworked by 2006 .texture issues)
but have always believed in the Trainz series and the people behind it.

I will take the "20th Anniversary special offer", though not a fan of the subscription model,
understand the need for income and you guys deserve it.

May Trainz live forever !
cheers GM

Well done on 20 years, I've only been here for 13 but on the whole it's been worth it.

Strikes me that 12 months of Plus membership and keep TRS22 for $64.49 (£52.19) which includes Surveyor 2 plus FCT and keep forever, is a better offer than stand alone at $69.99 (£52.56) with buy your own FCT on top of it. You don't have to go for Gold Plus unless you want the DLC as well. Seems a no brainer to me. Do the maths as they say.

Yep, that is how I see it. My FCT expires in 20 days so I look at it as getting TRS22 for $30. I'm not that excited about running alpha/beta software as I had my fill being a betatester for TS2009, TS10 and TS12. But I'll likely download it to at least see what is new. Thanks Tony,

Considering you're allowed to flaunt a competitor's sim in your signature and 90% of your posts are barely, if at all even slightly constructive, it's some "naughty corner" you inhibit :eek:

Perhaps Rule #13 (one I'm most familiar with) of the CoC might be worth reading before you continue to contribute so negatively towards Trainz.

Just my 20c
So disagreeing with the pricing policy is negativity? At least I was speaking abstractly and not launching personal asides at other forum members.
As regards my signature, so what? If the mods or admin have a problem with it, I'm sure they would have told me by now, so mind your own ……. business.

Congratulations Tony and team for the imminent release of TRS22 and also on your 20th anniversary with Trainz. I started my journey with TS2004 and then moved onto TS2009 WBE and never looked back. The annual subscription TRS22 purchase deal sounds very good only as an OAP it won't fit my budget at the moment due to having to pay for house repairs, - which I hasten to say is not N3V's fault in any shape or form.
As a former coarse scale 'O' gauge modeller I tend to take a more simple approach to route and asset creation than many Trainz folk working at the cutting edge of route and asset creation do; - However I'm also installing larger hard drives and doing data transfers so I can install S20 and TRS22 at a later stage so I can generally kick the tyres and sniff about without affecting my other Trainz installs. Taking a penny each way kind of approach if you like.
I understand very well that TRS22 is still a long term work in progress and there are all kinds of things that each of us would have like to seen included in TS22 this time around, but this is just how it is and we're just going to have to be patient. My daughter worked as a software troubleshooter fixing busted and badly written code for the corporate sector until the pressure of it all broke her health, - so I know very well that anything to do with software is neither straightforward or easy. Good coding takes time and can't be rushed; - and folk who say, 'Can't you just......', - when they've never written an inch of code in their lives should just go away and let those who can write code get on with it.

I'd like to add my congratulations for Trainz 20th anniversary. :Y:

I've spent countless hours immersed in Trainz over the years. Honestly don't know what I would have done without it.

Bit early for me to speculate on TRS22 though. Time will tell.

Cheers

Got a question regarding my CPU: Will Trainz 2022 work with this? It's an AMD FX-8320E Eight-Core Processor 3.20 GHz.

Congratulations Tony and everyone at N3V! Thank you for all the hours I have enjoyed Trainz, even though I am a relative "Noob", only having been here since 2013! Looking forward to enjoying al the new aspects of 22!

Last edited:
Congrats to N3V and the entire crew and celebrate this event the fullest even with the omicron covid restrictions.

I would go one step further and congrat all those content creators and beta testers who all those years relentlessly hammered,tweaked and tuned this little monster. hahaha.

I did order a Golden membership a few days ago even if my time as a content creator NOT allows me to play with trainz like most trainzers are able to do.

Only the testing moments, especially now with S20 are really enjoyable which is unique in the history of my trainz experience.

Roy

That was my immediate reaction too, but then I noticed post #4 from this thread. I'm just taking my first look at surveyor 2 right now and I really like what I see, but I have to be honest, without it there's nothing much in TRS22 that makes me want to spend 60 euros.

Back