Welcome to TRS22 from the CEO

The price of the software is small compared to the price of decent hardware to run it :confused:

I have my 71st birthday this month and my 4 sons have each received an email with a link to the TRS22 sales/info pages and a link to a new SSD at eBuyer, I hope that they take the hint :D

Cheers,
Graham

There seems to be a problem with the Content Store as of the four DLC routes that I downloaded three had issues with missing dependencies and a couple of assets missing their config files, - so I gave up on doing that and decided to work on one of my old layouts from TR2019 SP0 days instead. It's noticeable that the environmental lighting is improved and while I was playing it safe with using the original version of surveyor everything I did seemed to be going more smoothly than when I was working with SP4 yesterday. I know that's a subjective assessment that I can't prove without saying, 'Try it yourself', - but there you go.
I downloaded a couple of old locomotives from TS2009 and they were perfectly happy with no errors, but when I downloaded a locomotive built for TRS19 that runs just fine in SP4 it came up faulty. TRS22 didn't like something about the PBR textures from what I could see. My main interest at the moment is to find out how good TRS22 is for building routes so I'm not paying much attention to faulty assets or faulty dependencies which seem to be 98% DLC content at present. All part of the joys of being an apprentice beta tester I suppose.

Thats a pretty serious accusation Roy, accusing people who post negative comments about NV3 of being paid by the opposition to trash any new nv3 product ? now who is being "unpolite" , unless you have some evidence to back that up, i suggest you amend your post. For instance, amiga cooke has 18 versions of trainz, going back to 2004.... do you seriously think hes a long term plant by the opposition,? I'd cool down and think about what you just said if i were you, I often state my frustration over the state of the software, are you going to accuse me of mo working for the competition too because i don't think NV3 is infallible ?
Thank you Dan. I also recall as a payware provider, Roy has a vested interest in Trainz’ success and while no one is saying he is not entitled to his opinion, maybe his posts should be accompanied by a statement of that fact. Back in the day when I was engaged first by 3DTS and latterly by Blue Arrow to do payware for MSTS, part of the NDA was that you limit or even refrain from posting in public about the product, no matter how much other peoples’ opinions might wind you up or in your eyes be wrong.

Anyhow feeling massive deja vu now in this thread, so time to chill with a coffee.

Thank you Vern, DunDun and AmigaCookie for not taking the bait.

I give up - some people just want to let their emotions control their mouth.

Appreciate the support. At this point I must reiterate neither myself or anyone else in the thread has bad mouthed TRS22 or urged people to boycott it, nor have I said I won’t be buying it. If I didn’t like Trainz just a little bit and find Surveyor useful, creative and relaxing I wouldn’t be here full stop. It is simply a case of meeting personal criteria, either price, content or a little bit of both. At £55 and no S20 those criteria are not met, regardless of how few pennies a day that equals. The one certainty is that at some future point I will ​be buying TRS22, when is dependent on my judgement of its value over TANE and TRS19, plus initial unbiased reviews.

Appreciate the support. At this point I must reiterate neither myself or anyone else in the thread has bad mouthed TRS22 or urged people to boycott it, nor have I said I won’t be buying it. If I didn’t like Trainz just a little bit and find Surveyor useful, creative and relaxing I wouldn’t be here full stop. It is simply a case of meeting personal criteria, either price, content or a little bit of both. At £55 and no S20 those criteria are not met, regardless of how few pennies a day that equals. The one certainty is that at some future point I will ​be buying TRS22, when is dependent on my judgement of its value over TANE and TRS19, plus initial unbiased reviews.

I think that is a fair assessment. I think many people on this, and other hobby discussion groups, view constructive criticism as a "negative" view when, if fact, it isn't. Tony Hilliam and his team run the business, they know what sort of revenue stream they need to generate to cover the costs of development and continued support. As always, there will be a curve - an initial rush of orders for those jumping on board now, another little surge once the first non-beta game is released and then a steady trickle from then on, bolstered by the percentage of Annual Subscribers who continue at renewal time. The N3V team will have looked at the likely effects of pitching the game at different price points and decided on their strategy.

As far as I am concerned, the pleasure I have had from Trainz over the years, and the promise of Surveyor 2 of fixing things "on the fly", means in my case the investment is worth it and I will buy into TS2022 at some future stage ...........just not yet. I had to miss Trainz Classics 1 and 2 and wait for Trainz Classics 3 and TRS2009 due to recovering finances after losing my job, but eventually I moved back into Trainz' Leading Edge. I wish the Trainz team every success for their 20 year celebrations and I look forward to your continued success (I hope the original "Brew Crew" members who had to be "let go" when Auran was in financial trouble are invited to any celebratory dinner function or party!)

Please don't confuse constructive criticism with negativity - it isn't. As for Vern, he has been around a long time - had his own Train Sim website at one time. He built routes for the old "Microsoft Train Simulator", as was, and I think he had a hand in the Beta Diesel Railcar Simulator on Steam. People should always be allowed to voice an opinion (as long as it isn't insolent or vulgar) as that is how the N3V team cultivate ideas to improve the game or make it more appealing to a wider market.

To the future...............

Not attempting to persuade anyone either way, however for those after more accurate information, the TRS22 Portal page appears to have been updated. https://store.trainzportal.com/pages/trainz-railroad-simulator-2022
The what's included now has 6 new routes, OK one is on the DLS but has been updated using a Lidar DEM and all the Plus stuff from TRS19, Surveyor 2 isn't mentioned for TRS22 other than as a Plus Beta Option, a lot more info though to help make a decision either way. That should clarify a few questions other than when or if surveyor 2 become available to non plus users.

As I see it TRS22, the non plus version adds a few new routes or will do and include all the current TRS19 Plus features and presumably fixes to date plus additional ones, Change log would be handy I suspect for some?

Surveyor 2.0 will be included in a "future Trainz product". As to which one that is, it depends on many factors. It will be Trainz+ for Phase 1, and beyond.

Ok, it looks like the people without a CC can't join in to the new surveyor 2.0 then? Bummer, there are people like me who don't have a CC and don't need one. An option could be to make it posssible to pay with paypal for instance. This way i don't seem to need to buy the new 22 version of trainz. Pity, i consider this a missed change..

Ok, it looks like the people without a CC can't join in to the new surveyor 2.0 then? Bummer, there are people like me who don't have a CC and don't need one. An option could be to make it posssible to pay with paypal for instance. This way i don't seem to need to buy the new 22 version of trainz. Pity, i consider this a missed change..

Paypal is available. I know this because it's what I've always used to pay N3V for routes, subscriptions & etc.

The title of this thread is: Welcome to TRS22 from the CEO Somewhat pretentious?

Nevertheless, I find it refreshing, to be able to speak directly to upper management in a world where companies have installed permanent communication insulation with their upper echelon.

Nevertheless, I find it refreshing, to be able to speak directly to upper management in a world where companies have installed permanent communication insulation with their upper echelon.

I think Tony has to double as the permanent communication insulation ;)

On most forums, I never see the CEO actually respond to consumer complaints, let alone actually admitting to some problems. I find Tony very humble, if you ask me.

well I just watched a live stream of a guy trying out surveyor 2 and I'm very impressed , I still wont be buying it for a while,I have too much time invested on my Tane route in progress but some of the grouping tools are sorely needed and other features could save a lot f time wasting effort.

pretentious

/prɪˈtɛnʃəs/

adjective

• attempting to impress by affecting greater importance or merit than is actually possessed.

I'm CEO - fact. While I could equally have used Community Manager, CFO, QA Manager, QA Tester or Marketing Manager, I thought I'd use my official company title. You know you're up against it when facts are called out.

I guess an alternative would be to ignore our customers completely, but I'll stick with my current plan of helping out wherever I can. If you're not happy with that, please find another place to hang out.

I guess I’m somewhat included in this as well. I would like to say that I wasn’t saying that everyone being rude was my issue. If you want to give out constructive ciritcism, by all means. It was those who hated TRS22 without trying it. However, I understand that my temper did get ahold of me. If I’m one of those people that you’ve described, then I’m sorry about that.

To Vern, DunDun, and Amigacookie - I apologize if my posts were rude to you. If you don’t want to buy TRS22, then I have no problem with that. And none of you were even being rude - you were just stating your opinion.

If my posts seemed rude to any users, then I truly apologize.

Actually, you weren't rude. You were right. I haven't taken issue with most of your responses to my posts (you corrected me when I criticized N3Vs 20 year old assets, and I apologized). There was a lot of non-construtive complaining and criticism in some of the other threads (and I have been guilty of some of it) and I can imagine alot of people were extremely annoyed, which is why they responded so aggressively. When I was referring to the people who immediately praised and defended TRS22, I wasn't referring to you. You did nothing wrong IMO.:)

Last edited:
well I just watched a live stream of a guy trying out surveyor 2 and I'm very impressed , I still wont be buying it for a while,I have too much time invested on my Tane route in progress but some of the grouping tools are sorely needed and other features could save a lot f time wasting effort.

You are missing an opportunity S20 already does a more than good job and replaces the classic surveyor way by all means.
The time you invested in TANE for so long will be the reward of S20 usage that will gobsmack you, i promise!
Sticking to TANE is a shame if you ask me.
I moved my major route in W.I.P. to S20 5.0 after 4-5 days of fiddling and sniffing around and like absolutely everything even untuned .
Most handy is for those commands not handy yet in S20, one can switch instantly from S20 to classic surveyor functionality and back.
Same great productivity improvement like the super feature Surveyor and drive mode command.

my 2 cents.

Back