Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to TRS22 from the CEO

Congratulations Tony and too the whole team at N3V TRS22 looks to be an exciting time too look forward to in 2022 and considering what we have all been thru in the last couple of years with the pandemic I think this is a very welcome relief well it is for me so please keep up the great work.
    Pretty sure having a Gold Class Membership I'm in the new gang already and do not have to change memberships or purchase anything, But I'm trying to get the bank managers ( Wifey ) permission for a better PC in the new year so I hope to jump on board at some point then,
    All the best for the future team and keep up the great work.
    Cheers Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by easywolf32 View Post
    Tony Baby! I will definitely be buying Trainz 22 and keep supporting Trainz, love this franchise.

But we gotta start thinking 25th anniversary. I want you to make millions on this so this is what we're gonna do.

1. Re-organize everything from scratch. Websites, downloaders, launchers, sinkers, versions, stores, etc. Centralize everything. When a new buyer like me comes in, we're knocked out man. Everything is everywhere. Total confusion at least in the beginning. But most people will bail out faster than a blind date with Nancy Pelosi. Not me though, I'm sticking around. Love the way you've organized everything on Steam. Very neat, that's the way to go.

2. A new engine, worth the investment. Think of the buzz that would create around the train sim world. With graphics up to par, you'd knock this outta the park. Train Sim World while looking fantastic doesn't feel as good as Trainz.

3. Up the physics and sounds a small tad more. Not much more, as they are very fine already. A recent Union Pacific railroad driver/sim gamer tested 5 train sims on youtube. Train Simulator 2022, Trainz a New Era, and a few others. While Train Sim 2022 got an F, Trainz got a C-. That's what I felt too when I tried Train Sim World 2 after trying Trainz 2019. Trainz has better realism and physics. Just needs a tad more to get to say a B rating.

That's it, those 3 things would blow Trainz outta the park and be set for the nest 10-20 years.

Oh and please remove the dang Image Verification robo human checker thingy everytime we write a post. That was in style in 2000-2002 lol

Go Trainz!
    1. A good idea, but naturally the sim comes first when it comes to development bang for buck.
    2. TRS19 was the last upgrade to the new engine introduced in TANE and still has scope for further development.
    3. Really only messaging relating to train physics that needs tweaking.
    Your forum experience will improve with more posts and time. I don't have to do a verification to post. Perhaps contact the helpdesk to see when it will be removed. We have an annoying problem with SPAM which is the reason it exists for new members.
    So far I have found the TRS22 beta infinitely enjoyable, even getting to grips with S2.0 at my age.
    Congratulations N3V, on 20 years of Trainz and here's to 20 more.

I bought TRS19 on August 26 2018 which is 1,195 days ago which is even better better value at <6 cents a day and falling.
    And therein lies the problem. Our costs aren't covered by 6 cents a day, so the team remains small, and things take longer to implement.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Quote Originally Posted by easywolf32 View Post
    A new engine, worth the investment.....Up the physics and sounds a small tad more...That's it, those 3 things would blow Trainz outta the park and be set for the nest 10-20 years.
    I absolutely agree. TRS2022 (IMO) may be a lacking upgrade, but, learning from past experience, I think N3V still has the chance (and time) to make TRS2025 the actual pinnacle of train sims. The next version after this is what I'm now setting my eyes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    And therein lies the problem. Our costs aren't covered by 6 cents a day, so the team remains small, and things take longer to implement.
    Chicken and egg though. If the core game was capable of delivering the same experience as TSW2, timetables for the whole day, scenarios and Journey Mode, people would buy DLC by the bucketload. I just paid £11.99 for the new G6 loco which is absolutely fantastic and offers all the gameplay elements I mentioned in the previous sentence. No hesitation. No 2 hour refund.
    TRS22 Standalone - Please Add Surveyor 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    If we factor in the money I put into the KickStarter, that would probably kick it up a few more cents per day, even this long after the event.

I'll wait until there is a package with the features I want that appeals to me at a price I can afford. That's the reality of having to cover my costs rather than spend money on a product that is essentially a luxury.

I've been looking at the routes included in my TRS22 Plus beta. Two of them are absolutely outstanding in every respect and I've pm'd the creators to congratulate and thank them. Those two guys will probably end up being the ones who get N3V my year's subscription money. As for the other routes some of them are just straight up poor, some have no proper sessions, some are visually stunning but totally ruined by poor trackwork and quite a few are decent, but again marred by terrible and unrealistic trackwork. Obviously just my opinion and it's subjective.
    Last edited by weevil; December 4th, 2021 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    I've been looking at the routes included in my TRS22 Plus beta. Two of them are absolutely outstanding in every respect and I've pm'd the creators to congratulate and thank them.
    weevil, thank you for the appreciation of my work. I hope to please you with new products more than once.

Regards, Oleg
    Last edited by OlegKhim; December 4th, 2021 at 09:45 AM.

really don't see the point of trainz 22 when S2.0 isn't included in the base product, meaning 22 is really just 19 SP6 with some more content. also funny seeing everyone flame vern for daring to be opposed to a game that still thinks it has the moxy to flaunt a subscription service that people inexplicably pay real money for while giving people access to tools that should just be in the new game at base. just wait to release 22 until S2.0 is finished being tested lmao

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    I've been looking at the routes included in my TRS22 Plus beta. Two of them are absolutely outstanding in every respect and I've pm'd the creators to congratulate and thank them. Those two guys will probably end up being the ones who get N3V my year's subscription money. As for the other routes some of them are just straight up poor, some have no proper sessions, some are visually stunning but totally ruined by poor trackwork and quite a few are decent, but again marred by terrible and unrealistic trackwork. Obviously just my opinion and it's subjective.
    I saw the UK route is Liskeard to Looe. However unless it includes part of the Cornish main line, it is a short (around 8 miles) branch line. Yes, very scenic but operationally limited to one train working, even if the Moorswater freight spur is included. Once you've been up and down a few times not much else to do.
    No proper sessions brings me back to TSW2 and the recent Season Pass. £35 bought three long routes, London to Brighton, Dresden to Riesa and Boston to Providence all of which have extensive timetables covering most of the days operations.
    Last edited by Vern; December 4th, 2021 at 11:04 AM.
    TRS22 Standalone - Please Add Surveyor 2.0

but vernnnnnn you can't reference the competition and what they might be doing better cuz that makes your entire argument invalid!!!!!!!!!!

United States of America, California, San Jose
    Blog Entries

I find it interesting that Windows 7 is minimum specification... but, then there is this:
    • Microsoft ended support for Windows 7 at the start of 2020.

Make train simulators great again #MTSGA obiter dictum

I'm not paying $60 for a rebranded TRS19 with an identical game engine with new content and bug fixes. I can get DLC, routes, and locomotives from the trainz store any time I want. I expect something more than MPS to convince me to "upgrade". Also, does TRS22 fix the ugly lighting bug? Jagged shadows? Poor performance on low spec devices and overall low optimization? If it did something significant like that, I could consider it. There just isn't anything significant on the standalone version that I want compared to what I already have. I can take or leave the new routes and 1000 scenery items. But If N3V is going to call this TRS22 (and not TRS19 SP6), and expect me to buy it, I think a little more is needed, and S20 is exactly that.
    Last edited by dundun92; December 4th, 2021 at 02:40 PM.

And what about for people like me who didn’t buy TRS19, and stuck with TANE?

The forums as of late are just filled with people complaining nonstop. However, all of us should be thankful that Tony and crew are even able to consistently make new versions of Trainz. I don’t think many of you realize that N3V isn’t that big, but for them to grow bigger, they have to make money, and as a video game developer, making a new game will always rake in the most profits.

I have preordered TRS22, and do have plans to download the beta soon. Although Surveyor 2.0 isn’t included, I do hope that by SP3 it is included. However, I think that the game in general will be a massive upgrade, and I’m glad that I didn’t accidentally buy TRS19 when the new Trainz version is coming out.

Also, if I’m being perfectly honest, even if I had a Windows PC, I’d still buy Trainz over anything Dovetail Games makes, as Trainz has an incredible route creation tool, and thousnads upon thousands of high quality, free assets, regardless of if they had PBR.

Just something to think about.
    British Steam Trust Ltd.

The future of British mainline steam...

United States of America, Massachusetts (originally from NYC)
    Blog Entries

I invested the $70 USD just for the continuing support of N3V, just for being there and keeping Trainz alive. Any company needs a periodic injection of revenue to stay alive. If God forbid they were to announce they are to close their doors permanently after TRS22 and shutdown 20+ year legacy of Trainz, how many of us would be so critical? Sometimes we don't appreciate what we have until its gone.
    Last edited by deneban; December 4th, 2021 at 03:56 PM. Reason: corrected price