Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to TRS22 from the CEO

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fgd1998 View Post
    There are talks about the cost, and the proposal for innovation is ignored. Great!
    I don't understand the context of that post. Could you please explain?
    Development: Trainz Plus - b119450
    Testing: Trainz Plus beta - b119450
    GTX1050Ti, RTX3060Ti and RTX3050Ti, Win 10 & 11

Dear Tony,
    I have been with Trainz from the first days. I am now 84 and living in an assisted living complex.As you can see from my history, I have been very active with Trainz. The problem is that I purchased TRS22 and the download fails. The downloads here have had no problem, only with Trainz. I have the last of the intel based Apple MAC computers running OS Monterey 12.4. I checked and there is no firewall block in the system here, but the download always locks up, even at 3am.

One idea I have would be a flash drive for installation to by pass the download issue, extra cost would be acceptable. Please examine that option Tony.

Best wishes

Johnda1237

Has your drive got enough room for the complete download? It has two folders, one goes to your selected install drive and the other always to the C drive.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stagecoach View Post
    Has your drive got enough room for the complete download? It has two folders, one goes to your selected install drive and the other always to the C drive.

That would be a problem with the install process but he is having problems with the downloads not completing. The TRS19/Trainz+/TRS22 download files are quite large, 9GB to 17GB from my observations. These are much larger than most other software downloads - my download of the full LibreOffice installer, for example, was about 340MB by comparison. If his HDD does not have the space for the installer then that would certainly cause the download to fail.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Johnda1237 View Post
    One idea I have would be a flash drive for installation to by pass the download issue, extra cost would be acceptable. Please examine that option Tony.
    I do not know how it works with Macs but the full Windows installer can be downloaded to anywhere. I have copies of the installer on external drives, and even on a home cloud server. Once it was downloaded I was able to run the installer from the external drive.

Check your HDD storage space. The installer, depending on the version, can take from 9GB to 17GB of space before it even starts to install the program.

As pware says - check your available disk space. A disk should have a good amount of "head room" also (free space) so I wouldn't download unless I had at least 25gb of empty disk.

Report back with disk space available.
    On hiatus to Shangri-La

Hi Folks,

Just checked and I have 180 GB free on my HD.

Hi Folks,
    Where exactly are you downloading from? From what page and what link? If you are downloading from "MyTrainz" page and "My Digital Downloads" make sure you are downloading from the "Mac" button. Your browser is downloading the file so DO NO CLOSE THE BROWSER window (Safari?) untill it's done. You should be able to monitor the download in safari by clicking the Download icon in the top right corner (Down arrow icon). I just downloaded the file and its 10.39 mb. It will be in your "Downloads" folder unless you have specificied a different folder for downloads in your Browser setup (Safari)?
    On hiatus to Shangri-La

1611 Mac,

I have been doing everything as you said and watched the download lock up. I suspect the WiFi system ( This is an assisted living complex with WiFi). I tried 3am, same result. So, with the points I had, my download cost $50, and the program sits in my digital downloads hoping for better weather. My suggestion was to have a USB flash drive edition in order to obviate the download problem, but nobody responded.

I'm sorry, I doubt that N3V is going to make you a custom install on a USB flash drive and ship it to you from Austrailia to US.

Are you using Safari browser when you download your file? What are download statistics as you download the file?
    If you don't know how to monitor this, get the download running and then click the down arrow icon at top right of screen (left most of four icons). It will show the progress and data rate of the transfer and the amount of data downloaded so far.)
    1.) What is the name of file being downloaded?
    2.) What is your data transfer rate?
    3.) Does the download die at same place every time or is it random? Any error in this "status" screen?
    On hiatus to Shangri-La

Hi Folks,

Is this disk space on your C drive or another drive? Trainz installs two folders, one on your selected install drive and the other bigger one, only installs to the C drive which can then be moved to another drive. The operating install is about 21.6GB while the Data install can be well over a 100GB.
    Last edited by stagecoach; June 16th, 2022 at 08:27 AM.

Well, THAT was exciting! I was finally able to download TRS22. TRS22 is now installed and running smoothly. Thanks to everyone for trying to help. Much appreciated!

Blog Entries

Well, THAT was exciting! I was finally able to download TRS22. TRS22 is now installed and running smoothly. Thanks to everyone for trying to help. Much appreciated!

Proof that there is nothing that forum users cannot solve!! (World Peace is still on the "to do" list)

United States of America, Connecticut, Manchester

I agree with Vern here. Charging players for access to new features is a total EA move. If it's helpful and essential, then why lock it behind a subscription wall? The Railworks devs don't do that. He's not really alone either as I find this to be pretty screwy. Also, speaking the truth is not outrageous either. It's outrageous that you shut Vern down for simply expressing his concerns over Trainz Plus, but it's not outrageous that Vern simply wants to know why it feels like the Trainz Community is being milked. At this point, you might as well just say that N3V Games should be increasing their dlc prices by $10.

Blog Entries

Have I missed something between the 17th July and today (1st December)? Or is the above post misplaced?