Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to TRS22 from the CEO

United States of America, Beaver Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    West from Denver is for TRS22 only. Check this link for the options to purchase/access TRS22: https://store.trainzportal.com/pages...simulator-2022
    Have they fixed the sessions yet? Be nice to run it with good sessions.
    TRS22+ 117669
    i7 6700K @ 4.0 ghrtz, nVidia 970
    I don't have a PhD, I have a DD214 - Freedom carries sacrifice

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by RJArtim View Post
    Have they fixed the sessions yet? Be nice to run it with good sessions.
    Tony said not yet because fixing the passengers asset will break other content. He said this and the other layers issue will be looked at with more effort after this is released and that will be another beta aimed strictly at fixing those issues even though some work was done on the layers problem this go around.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 114800
    TRS22 Beta tester

I would like to request the pleasure of the company of an N3V TRS22 representative at the Post link below. My thanks in advance. Stay safe. Take care. Colin

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...witch-problems

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

Tony, I have a question about the memberships for TRS22. I've got a Silver membership for TRS19 and noticed that that is not one of the options for TRS22. What happens to those that have a Silver membership and buys TRS22? I'm not interested in Beta testing, but I still want access to the Content Vault.
    Owner of Freeman Locomotive Works.

Silver membership gives access to the DLC "Content Vault". Buying TRS22 gives access to TRS22 and the new TRS22 routes. TRS22 will run all the older DLC content.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

United States of America, Arkansas, Jonesboro

Tony, are you guys going to look at the road traffic issue? After the last update for TRS2019, road traffic has dropped significantly. Before, there was plenty of traffic on the roads.... now, after the last update, just a vehicle here and there, sometimes none for long periods of time (15-20 minutes).

Thanks

Dave Snow

Quote Originally Posted by davesnow View Post
    Tony, are you guys going to look at the road traffic issue? After the last update for TRS2019, road traffic has dropped significantly. Before, there was plenty of traffic on the roads.... now, after the last update, just a vehicle here and there, sometimes none for long periods of time (15-20 minutes).

Thanks

Dave Snow
    Only just realised this myself yesterday.

Thanks,
    Paul

This is true! I hadn't realised, but all the traffic has gone - hardly anything is coming out of the spawners.

Paul

A quick test suggest this isn't new. We're investigating.
    Can you provide specifics before/after on a specific route to compare against.
    Last edited by Tony_Hilliam; February 21st, 2022 at 01:13 AM.
    Tony Hilliam

A quick test suggest this isn't new. We're investigating.
    Can you provide specifics before/after on a specific route to compare against.
    Yes, either my Alma Valley Route (on the DLS and a smaller route) or my Cotton Belt Route (also on the DLS but a much longer route). Both of these routes were filled with traffic (using my Right Hand Drive Region) before the last update, but now these same routes have very little traffic.

Thanks for looking into this,

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks Dave. a bit more info would be useful When did this change? All roads or just some? Can you quantify “filled with traffic”?
    Tony Hilliam

Thanks Dave. a bit more info would be useful When did this change? All roads or just some? Can you quantify “filled with traffic”?
    It changed after 114800. In my experience it happened on all roads. When I say "filled with traffic" I mean the traffic was constant. Any time you looked out the cab window you could see cars on the roads. I don't mean bumper-to-bumper, but just several vehicles going down the highway, like maybe 8-10 car lengths between them. That's all I know how to explain.

Our tests show the same traffic in 114800 and 116492 (which is not much, but that's a different issue). I think this issue has been around much longer than this most recent build - but if you can quantify a difference, please let me know.

Btw, checking your Alma route, position yourself at Delbarton facing south. The traffic spawner (<kuid:101046:105239> Traffic Spawner Fast Speed DES) there pops out plenty of vehicles (~1 every 10 seconds or so). They then all turn right (not sure if they always did?). They eventually turn left over the bridge.

I'd add a bunch more traffic spawners and problem solved (I think).

Remember also that cars only spawn at road ends (which is all the spawner really is).

And last but not least, having the tag carrate = 3 in your road config file will get you the maximum number of cars on any given stretch of road. Carrate 35 used on the main road in the route is set to 35, so ~10 times less cars than possible.
    Last edited by Tony_Hilliam; February 22nd, 2022 at 02:21 AM.
    Tony Hilliam

Thanks, Tony. I'll go set my carrate to "3" on all my roads and see how that works.

Dave

Went into the game and watched this spawner for about 20 minutes. Not one car.

Went and changed all my road spawners, roads, streets, highways, etc with a carrate of 3. Committed assets. Went back into the route at the same place and watched the car spawner and road for another 20 minutes. Stiil NO traffic spawned. Don't know what else to do.

Anyhow, thanks for responding,

Dave Snow