Welcome to TRS22 from the CEO

AND, my hope is that Surveyor 2.0 becomes part of TRS22 over the next 12 months. That possible? Surveyor is an integral part of the game and I am pleased to see that the CEO states it will be included in the game – sometime - (Post Dec 1 2021 04:00PM) “With Surveyor 2.0 still being developed, this feature will remain a Trainz Plus feature until it has been fully fleshed out and then included in a future Trainz update.” The thing that is missing in the CEO’s post is of course is WHEN this is expected to happen.

If, at the end of this next 12 months, Surveyor 2.0 is not included in an update, I will have a decision to make. Do I stay - subscribing - as I will probably have been using Surveyor 2.0 for 12 months and could not face going back to Classic Surveyor? Or do I let the subscription lapse? Yes, I know - only 20 US cents a day to subscribe! I think I can safely say - gauging from posts I have read - that I am not the only one who thought Surveyor 2.0 was included with TRS22.

Right now, everything is in beta. Since you subscribed to Plus you can enjoy these features now and contribute to the bug finding which will make the product better. The good news is Surveyor 2.0 will be integrated into Plus now since this is the platform where new features are added first, and as new features are added in, we can test those now and enjoy them before they land in TRS22.

TRS22 is scheduled for release next year and is to include Surveyor 2.0 according to Tony, but let's get everything right first!

Being a beta tester, I look at the product being tested thoroughly rather than half-baked and sent out in a shoddy unfinished state. I would rather delay the release to ensure things are done right and not face the mess we had when TANE was first released. I'm not sure you remember that, but TANE was awful and took multiple hot-fixes and service packs to bring it up to where it is today. That being said, the more beta testers there are reporting the bugs, the more that are fixed and the better the product is.

To help ensure we have a better product, report any bugs you find here:

Trainz Bug Report (typeform.com)

Fill in as many details as you can, include any pictures, videos, and all the steps you took to find the problem. This will ensure the QA Team and the developers can fix the problems found and reported.

One correction John.

TRS22 is scheduled for release next year and is to include Surveyor 2.0 according to Tony, but let's get everything right first!

TRS22 will have Surveyor 2.0 only if you also also have the Trainz Plus subscription. Surveyor 2.0 is a subscription only feature, according to Tony. If you get TRS22 as a stand-alone package without the subscription, or have the subscription but later cancel it, then TRS22 will only have Surveyor 1.0 (now called Surveyor "Classic").

One correction John.

TRS22 will have Surveyor 2.0 only if you also also have the Trainz Plus subscription. Surveyor 2.0 is a subscription only feature, according to Tony. If you get TRS22 as a stand-alone package without the subscription, or have the subscription but later cancel it, then TRS22 will only have Surveyor 1.0 (now called Surveyor "Classic").

Ah, thank you for that!

Wow, I got paid early (due to the Christmas weekend), so I decided to purchase '22. I've only done a quick 'mess around' on Kickstarter County 2 but, so far, performance is notably better. Hopefully this trend of improvement will continue... :)
Thats great. Good luck ‘22:clap:

I created a route in TRS22, then exported via .cdp and then imported to TRS19. It shows up in TRS2019 CM but is grayed out. And it is not recognized by TRS2019 Surveyor.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or by design due to different file formats for routes between 19 and 22?

I created a route in TRS22, then exported via .cdp and then imported to TRS19. It shows up in TRS2019 CM but is grayed out. And it is not recognized by TRS2019 Surveyor.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or by design due to different file formats for routes between 19 and 22?

No, it's not a bug and this is normal. Even though they share the same build, there are data differences between the programs. Going "backwards" doesn't work as you've seen and is pretty common in many programs. This is another reason to keep data-sets separate.

Hello, and if I buy a game, then the routes will go from steam, and you can write a question while moving, you can make the wires stagger when the train approaches the station or the platform, as in reality, as the train approaches, then the wires stagger, they can do it or not the animation is like this !)?)
I'm talking about the KS contact support!) In trainze 2022!

Hello, and if I buy a game, then the routes will go from steam, and you can write a question while moving, you can make the wires stagger when the train approaches the station or the platform, as in reality, as the train approaches, then the wires stagger, they can do it or not the animation is like this !)?)
I'm talking about the KS contact support!) In trainze 2022!

Catenary wires are maintained taut so the pantographs have something to push against to maintain electrical contact. If you see wires flapping in the breeze, contact your railroad maintenance immediately. Maybe you mean lift up ever so slightly from pantograph spring pressure?

Last edited:
will West to Denver be available for Trainz 2019?
Will you be able to upgrade to Trainz 2022 directly from Trainz 2019?

Will you be able to upgrade to Trainz 2022 directly from Trainz 2019?

To answer your 2nd question, the upgrade path from TRS19 to TRS22 is to purchase a Trainz Plus Annual Subscription or a Gold Pass Annual Subscription before Jan 15th and you will get TRS22 as a bonus as well as Trainz Plus. The TRS22 (and Trainz Plus) will come with Surveyor 2.0 for as long as you maintain the subscription.

Alternatively, you can purchase TRS22 and still keep you current TRS19 but the TRS22 will not have Surveyor 2.0 included.

.. for the newest promises i made a new folder (p:\games\trainz\trs22 01beta) and cleared a new samsung t7 (2tb) for the local data folder ..

1st experience / impression :
- installed trs22 online > changed folder > entered account details > changed path stream > installing ...
- changed graphical settings > launcher build 115628 ..
- tab install > changed local data folder > restarted launcher ..
- tab content store > tab purchased > installed all .. (approx 5 hours) .. ticked many "view errors" + "retry" = installed everything ok (300 gig) ..
(!! kickstarter county 2 is not (yet ?) installed (not present in store list) = gives some "missings" in other routes ..
(!! port zyd shows in surveyor the same distortion as in early trs19 ..) = in driver ok

- tab developer > rebuild database .. (65 secs !)
(!! to copy the process-lines to notepad i couldn't use the dropdown commands "copy" and "paste", but it worked with ctrl+a (select all), ctrl+c (copy) and ctrl v (paste) ..
- tab trainz settings > tab dev > ticked "enable advanced debug tools" > restarted launcher ..
- tab developer > run trainzutil command .. > type prebuild .. (precached 39876 assets : 5 errors and 2365 warnings)
(!! copying process-lines : select all, copy and paste from edit menu worked now fine ..)

- restarted launcher > start trainz > my collection > filter "trains" > chosen consist ..
(!! chn d38 gray empty-xx and nohab - kickstarter reward are shown from the other side of the mainmenu ..)
- select route > .. > edit route ..
(!! when in surveyor, clicking "start game" in launcher it starts another game simultaneously ..) = hendy for "copying/choosing" assets from the other route ..

edit mode :
- workspace : several tabs in 2 columns at both sides of screen = can be moved/rearranged : not outside game window and darkgrey column remains when moving tabs to 1 side (scrollable) ..
it is very handy to have multi screens : pull one side of the game window to the other screen(s) ..
(i have 2 screens with stretched game window + 1 (twisted to portrait mode) with content manager)
- escape : keybutton didn't work : use system menu > exit surveyor/game
- new route : opens a ground with prepared texture (pbr grass 8 - seasonal (use eyedropper tool)) > display menu - ground > grid : gives (pre)historic grid ..
(for adding a "section" (ground) i went in tools menu - edit in surveyor classic ..)
- merge :
--- i installed my own (trs19) diorama cdp : new diorama (modified) and tried to merge it with a payware route, which was grey-out : so not allowed ..
--- i merged my new diorama (modified) with (white labeled) aurans <kuid2:661281:200019:8> content samples #1 (built-in) = new diorama + (modified) .. so, not payware nor packaged ..
--- i merged my new diorama (modified) with (white labeled) philskenes <kuid2:69871:3560:1> cilie oldphartz (packaged) = new cilie (modified) .. so, not payware nor packaged ..

.. i think i have a happy good year ..
thank you so much for the promises & good intentions
grtz

Clarification sought from informed members and/or N3V.
Does the 20th Anniversary offer of a new purchase of an Annual Sub for Trainz Plus membership (US69.49) close on 15th January - or February 1st, 2022?
(Confused by earlier messaging and what's shown on the website today).
Keen to take up the offer before it expires as it includes access the Surveyor 2.0, FCT and you get to keep TRS22... :)

Edit update: Latest N3V newsletter has clarified the offer. Now extended to January 30.

Last edited:
One question: Does this have a True to Life Hump Yard System?
This has been needed for many many years and total diregard..
The only reason why I would even contemplate investing...

Have they fixed the sessions yet? Be nice to run it with good sessions.

Tony said not yet because fixing the passengers asset will break other content. He said this and the other layers issue will be looked at with more effort after this is released and that will be another beta aimed strictly at fixing those issues even though some work was done on the layers problem this go around.

Tony, I have a question about the memberships for TRS22. I've got a Silver membership for TRS19 and noticed that that is not one of the options for TRS22. What happens to those that have a Silver membership and buys TRS22? I'm not interested in Beta testing, but I still want access to the Content Vault.

Silver membership gives access to the DLC "Content Vault". Buying TRS22 gives access to TRS22 and the new TRS22 routes. TRS22 will run all the older DLC content.

Back