Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to TRS22 from the CEO

Congrats to Trainz and the team on 20 years!.
    With all due respect to the team, I don't do subscriptions. ->Not ever<-.

My own business is based on 3d modelling and it gives me the greatest pleasure to rent 3d Studio Max for one month only,
    make ALL the models I made a list of, then delete every single trace of Autodesk products from my heavily customised
    thermo-nuclear PC.
    I always wanted to buy the full version of 3d studio Max NO MATTER THE COST. I used to dream about owning it.
    Now I totally hate it's guts because Autodesk & Adobe were the first to go subscription. (not a chance in hell).

I will wait until surveyor 2 is offered as part of a stand alone, non subscription package THEN get whatever version it is then.
    By then I should have a 2nd PC specifically dedicated to gaming, with a huge wall size screen and THEN go bananas on Trainz.
    I might even end up with a monitor for a tombstone - running Trainz.

Also, 2 things are missing here, a completely brain numbing Tycoon/money making module for Trainz, for total escapism
    and..... forum Drool Mops in relation to latest releases.
    No drool mops slobbering in the forums? Proves my "subscriptions are yuk" theory - lol.

Ps: I don't play any other Trainsy game apart from Transport Fever 2 <3, such is my respect for & history with: Trainz.
    Last edited by peghorse; May 11th, 2022 at 05:54 PM.
    Broken down @ Petticoat Junction..aww

it gives me the greatest pleasure to rent 3d Studio Max for one month only,
    You could also rent Trainz Plus for a month and delete it.

No drool mops slobbering in the forums? Proves my "subscriptions are yuk" theory - lol.
    Drool mops are so year 2000.

Our subscriptions are continually growing in popularity and the ongoing, more predictable revenues have enabled us to add 3 new team members this year. This will benefit everyone as we will be able to work more efficiently and continue to make Trainz better and better.

It's really up to your guys to determine how much you want to support your favourite hobby financially. If 18 cents a day is too much, then we're happy if you continue to buy each new edition as it comes out.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Blog Entries

Well, Peghorse, each of us is at least free with Trainz to make up our own minds according to our needs, experiences and financial means. You can purchase Trainz outright and keep it forever or buy a monthly or annual subscription for as long as you need. The choice is yours.

Like it or not, subscription software has started to become the "norm" for many products and I expect that it will continue to grow. Industry reports I have recently read indicate that Office 365 has been an enormous "fund raiser" for Micro$oft, so the demand is clearly there.

As a comparison consider that the purchase of software on a physical disk (or disc) is now as rare as hen's teeth, much to the annoyance of many. None of the last 5 computers I have purchased came with any sort of "spinning media" device. I did buy an external USB Bluray/DVD device about 4 years ago but I used it only once or twice. It now gathers dust in a storage cupboard.

I was also a subscription denier. Would not have anything to do with paying in advance for promises of future deliveries. I preferred to make an upfront full cash payment to get the product in hand. But looking at my current stock of subscriptions:

• New Scientist Weekly magazine. Delivered digitally to my email with access to all past digital editions. No more piles of magazines taking up space and sucking in dust.
    • Anti Virus program (for multiple devices including mobiles). No more manual updates plus a host of other features not found in the free version
    • Disk management and cleanup system (for multiple computers). Ditto
    • Trainz Plus Gold. With new features and regular updates plus access to a host of DLC

As I have discovered, it is all about weighing up what is offered.

My thoughts.
    Development: Trainz Plus - b117699, Win 10, 16GB, RTX 3060Ti
    Testing: Trainz Plus beta - b117669, Win 11, 16GB, RTX 3050Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    Our subscriptions are continually growing in popularity and the ongoing, more predictable revenues have enabled us to add 3 new team members this year. This will benefit everyone as we will be able to work more efficiently and continue to make Trainz better and better.
    Well, that's great news, but I just hope the non-subscribers don't get neglected to the point where Trainz Plus is light years ahead of the latest available standalone version. I think trainz plus is great for those who want access to the entire content vault, and test new beta features (like S20) - as long as the developed Trainz Plus features make their way to the the standalone version, and don't get locked behind a subscription well after the feature has been fully developed.

Doesn't matter if you buy outright or pay subscriptions. None of us actually own the software, that we install.

We lease it and N3V, Microsoft, DTG or whoever. Can withdraw access anytime they wish.

I am not a huge lover of subscriptions, i only have two. Trainz Gold Plus and ExpressVPN.

So in reply to, i hope Trainz Plus features do not leave the non subscribers behind.

I do actually expect to have something extra for putting my hand in my wallet.

You make your choice, you get what you do or don't pay for.

Nice to have a chuckle everyone, thank you for your opinions.

Would a "Tycoon" (based) version of Trainz - using locked maps and "X" number of locos ever be considered?
    DLC locos, wagons and locked maps could also be added perhaps?

I don't see that it would have to compete head on with Transport Fever/Railway Empire etc.
    The focus might be on quality of routes and locos, rolling stock and tasks/goals.

I'm just trying to think of more ways for the devs to cement their rock solid position in the face of ever increasing competition.
    The difference is -> Trainz Tycoon would be ongoing and update-able.
    (thinking out loud).
    Last edited by peghorse; May 12th, 2022 at 06:36 PM.
    Broken down @ Petticoat Junction..aww

The way the N3V model of subscription has evolved is quite surprising. There seems to be, to me, quite an element of ‘pay to beta test’ with unfinished features being offered as exclusives, warts and all.

It’s kind of fellow users to sort S2 out for me, I’m most grateful.

United States of America, Tennessee, Kingston

I have to say that after playing this game from it's beginning, that I have loved it. I got online today to preorder the next edition of Trainz, and was very disappointed to find out that you now have to subscribe in order to do use the editor, which should be part of the base game. The maps that other people have made are awesome, but for me to enjoy it I love to create MY OWN worlds, and now I have to pay $60- $120 a year to be able to enjoy that part of the game. My friend that is so disappointing.

You don't have to buy a subscription unless you want it now, but you have to wait for the general release, which has not happened yet. Once it does, you will be able to buy it stand-alone.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power then the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

Blog Entries

As Forester points out above, if you want to use the latest (TRS22) version NOW then you will have to get the subscription. This is an early release beta version (betas are not for the faint-hearted). If you are prepared to wait then you can buy the stand-alone full retail release. This was going to be released at the end of April but has been delayed to fix a few issues. If you get the subscription then your early release version will be updated to the full retail version on the release date.

Hello. I didn't find an answer to my question, so I'll ask it here. Will TRS22 have the ability to change sunrise/sunset and enable/disable night grids for objects at certain times?

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by fgd1998 View Post
    Hello. I didn't find an answer to my question, so I'll ask it here. Will TRS22 have the ability to change sunrise/sunset and enable/disable night grids for objects at certain times?
    All that stuff works the same as it does in TRS19 if that answers your question.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    Trainz-PLUS: 117669

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    All that stuff works the same as it does in TRS19 if that answers your question.
    It’s a pity that adequate lighting will not work again, because. it's 03:55 now and it's already light outside my window, and sunrise in Trainz starts around ~~~06 hours.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fgd1998 View Post
    It’s a pity that adequate lighting will not work again, because. it's 03:55 now and it's already light outside my window, and sunrise in Trainz starts around ~~~06 hours.
    Sunrise and Sunset have always been 06:00 and 18:00, even at the North Pole in mid-summer and mid-winter. Your geographic position (latitude) will alter the maximum height the sun reaches at noon and the season of the year but nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeldren View Post
    I have to say that after playing this game from it's beginning, that I have loved it. I got online today to preorder the next edition of Trainz, and was very disappointed to find out that you now have to subscribe in order to do use the editor, which should be part of the base game. The maps that other people have made are awesome, but for me to enjoy it I love to create MY OWN worlds, and now I have to pay $60- $120 a year to be able to enjoy that part of the game. My friend that is so disappointing.
    all versions of Trainz have an editor(Surveyor). Right now if if you want to use Surveyor 2.0, then you need a subscription. With the subscription you can use the classic or 2.0 version of Surveyor.
    Trainz 2022 on Ventura. M1 Macs
    T Driver 3 iPhone SE2 iOS15