Welcome to TRS22 from the CEO

Nice to have a chuckle everyone, thank you for your opinions. :wave:

Would a "Tycoon" (based) version of Trainz - using locked maps and "X" number of locos ever be considered?
DLC locos, wagons and locked maps could also be added perhaps?

I don't see that it would have to compete head on with Transport Fever/Railway Empire etc.
The focus might be on quality of routes and locos, rolling stock and tasks/goals.

I'm just trying to think of more ways for the devs to cement their rock solid position in the face of ever increasing competition.
The difference is -> Trainz Tycoon would be ongoing and update-able.
(thinking out loud).

Last edited:
The way the N3V model of subscription has evolved is quite surprising. There seems to be, to me, quite an element of ‘pay to beta test’ with unfinished features being offered as exclusives, warts and all.

It’s kind of fellow users to sort S2 out for me, I’m most grateful.

I have to say that after playing this game from it's beginning, that I have loved it. I got online today to preorder the next edition of Trainz, and was very disappointed to find out that you now have to subscribe in order to do use the editor, which should be part of the base game. The maps that other people have made are awesome, but for me to enjoy it I love to create MY OWN worlds, and now I have to pay $60- $120 a year to be able to enjoy that part of the game. My friend that is so disappointing.

You don't have to buy a subscription unless you want it now, but you have to wait for the general release, which has not happened yet. Once it does, you will be able to buy it stand-alone.

As Forester points out above, if you want to use the latest (TRS22) version NOW then you will have to get the subscription. This is an early release beta version (betas are not for the faint-hearted). If you are prepared to wait then you can buy the stand-alone full retail release. This was going to be released at the end of April but has been delayed to fix a few issues. If you get the subscription then your early release version will be updated to the full retail version on the release date.

Hello. I didn't find an answer to my question, so I'll ask it here. Will TRS22 have the ability to change sunrise/sunset and enable/disable night grids for objects at certain times?

Hello. I didn't find an answer to my question, so I'll ask it here. Will TRS22 have the ability to change sunrise/sunset and enable/disable night grids for objects at certain times?

All that stuff works the same as it does in TRS19 if that answers your question.

All that stuff works the same as it does in TRS19 if that answers your question.
It’s a pity that adequate lighting will not work again, because. it's 03:55 now and it's already light outside my window, and sunrise in Trainz starts around ~~~06 hours.

It’s a pity that adequate lighting will not work again, because. it's 03:55 now and it's already light outside my window, and sunrise in Trainz starts around ~~~06 hours.

Sunrise and Sunset have always been 06:00 and 18:00, even at the North Pole in mid-summer and mid-winter. Your geographic position (latitude) will alter the maximum height the sun reaches at noon and the season of the year but nothing else.

I have to say that after playing this game from it's beginning, that I have loved it. I got online today to preorder the next edition of Trainz, and was very disappointed to find out that you now have to subscribe in order to do use the editor, which should be part of the base game. The maps that other people have made are awesome, but for me to enjoy it I love to create MY OWN worlds, and now I have to pay $60- $120 a year to be able to enjoy that part of the game. My friend that is so disappointing.

all versions of Trainz have an editor(Surveyor). Right now if if you want to use Surveyor 2.0, then you need a subscription. With the subscription you can use the classic or 2.0 version of Surveyor.

Surveyor 2.0 is still a Trainz Plus only feature and will not be available in TRS22 unless you have a Trainz Plus subscription.

Very nice Tony, Congrats!

Looking forward to seeing this new product at a later time!!!

Kind regards
Ish

Sunrise and Sunset have always been 06:00 and 18:00, even at the North Pole in mid-summer and mid-winter. Your geographic position (latitude) will alter the maximum height the sun reaches at noon and the season of the year but nothing else.
We ride not only in the middle of summer and the middle of winter at certain coordinates. It would be nice for you and the developers to know what "polar day" and "polar night" are.

Tony, add the ability to flexibly adjust the length of daylight hours please.

Last edited:
And also it is necessary to adjust the switching on and off of lighting on the maps, otherwise the sun is still shining on the street and the lights and lights in the houses turn on ... And when will the dynamic sky finally appear?

Oldest bug, since ts12, why are the outside-visible-from-cabin 1 and cabin-visible-from-outside1 tags work when you select a model in driver mode? when you create a model in the editor - tags are not work.

Last edited:
I think the price increase and pushing into the subscription model is not something I can support. Tony H states 20c per day, nice marketing. Really, TRS has gone from about $70 US ($100 AU) for TRS 2019 to $300 AU for TRS22 (using the normal TRS 3 yr version cycle). That seems a big jump to me. Also, purchase (not subscription) TRS22 for $70USD ($100AU) and you get a cut down version, i.e. no surveyor 2.0, I assume to push the subscription model. Does TRS only survive if we all pay $300 AU for each version?

Tony H states 20c per day, nice marketing.
Well, it's really only 17.8 cents a day (if paid annually). So no marketing there, just a mathematical fact. Let's say you play once a week for an hour, that's $1.20 for an hour's entertainment and enjoyment. If you find that's too much to pay, then that's a shame.

Also, purchase (not subscription) TRS22 for $70USD ($100AU) and you get a cut down version

No, you get a complete set of features and new content just as you did with TRS19.

Trainz Plus members get additional features and content, and of course an FCT. It's your choice whether you want to access those features now or wait until they are part of a future release (for example like your TRS19 Platinum Edition).

Does TRS only survive if we all pay $300 AU for each version?
No. Luckily lot's of people do find the membership option attractive, and other's choose the purchase option.

But, if this were to happen, we'd be able to double our staff, increase the pace of development, and lower the price. So the offering is closely tied to how many people choose each option (and how many remain with TS12, TANE, TRS19 or even TRS2006).

It's only fair that those people supporting us with their ongoing custom get more benefits than those that don't.

If N3V wants to continue further into this subscription idea in the coming years, fine. I just will not buy every trainz version that comes out anymore. And If all TRS2025 standalone has to offer new is S20, then ill wait until the next version, and keep doing that until I see something that is significantly better then my current version (TRS19) at a reasonable price.

Last edited:
Tony,
I had my download of Trains 22 for Mac hangup at 398MB finally restarted the download and it hung up at 8.9 MB. Can I switch to Apple download? This was paid for on PayPal. If I cannot get the product will you give me a rebate? Thanks

Back